Page 35 of 60 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 700 of 1185
  1. #681
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,817
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    WoW made crafting zzzzz. FFXI made crafting X.x Somewhere, there's a happy medium that nobody has yet found.

  2. #682
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,188
    BG Level
    10

    I like discoveries a lot. It gives the monotony behind crafting levels an added kick.

  3. #683
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,642
    BG Level
    9

    It's just a thin layer of paint on top of WoW's crafting, though. At least for the equipment crafts, once you figure out the patterns, there's not much alternatives to discover. I'm glad there aren't failures like FFXI's crafting, but aside from the gripe of not all mod combinations being covered, it feels like something could be gained from stronger customization options beyond just seeing, "Created by Joe" under the item name like other games do, too. Maybe I'd like to see more of mini-game of it all, where participating can yield HQ results while being lazy would just spit out NQs.

  4. #684
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,188
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    It's just a thin layer of paint on top of WoW's crafting, though. At least for the equipment crafts, once you figure out the patterns, there's not much alternatives to discover.
    So don't do that. I have leveled my crafts purely on discoveries and making materials. It's significantly more enjoyable.

  5. #685
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,642
    BG Level
    9

    And I leveled mine the same way. "Oh look, some new insignias, I bet I apply them to my current tier of base components!"

  6. #686
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,188
    BG Level
    10

    Sure beats making the exact same item 100 items, watching a counter go from 100 to 0 for 10 minutes.

  7. #687
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,642
    BG Level
    9

    Lotta good it did for the economy, though.

    Not saying spamming the same shit is better, either.

  8. #688
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,188
    BG Level
    10

    I prefer a cheap economy opposed to an economy like say FFXI where everything costs a gazillion dollars for exactly no reason. If you find artificial inflation enjoyable, all the more power to you. But for me, no thanks.

  9. #689
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,642
    BG Level
    9

    Cheap is definitely good for the consumer, but FFXI also had its share of many synths being losses without HQs. Plus FFXI had the problem of dropped/quested goods usually being superior to crafted equivalents. No soulbinding didn't help curb saturation, either. I don't believe GW2's current craft state really favors the gold sinks they have sitting out there though like runes for 20 slot bags or even cultural armor. Seeing some people talking about farming to make money crafting isn't solely making money from crafting, either, and may even be less profitable if you do refine stuff. It's a problem FFXI had, too, especially with people defending that shithole of an economy.

  10. #690
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,817
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    GW's economy problem is that, with very rare exception, nothing nets you much gold, making it the biggest chore to acquire. Attract the gold famer bots, they did, and ANET is either completely overwhelmed or doesn't give a damn.

  11. #691
    wotg torrent kitty :3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,624
    BG Level
    6

    long awaited sPvP blog post is finally up: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/s...d-pvp-iceberg/

    can't wait for the custom arenas. too bad they didn't reveal how you're supposed to pay. could be gems, looking at the paid tournament rewards but I hope it's either glory or tournament cards.

  12. #692
    CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,994
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    GW's economy problem is that, with very rare exception, nothing nets you much gold, making it the biggest chore to acquire. Attract the gold famer bots, they did, and ANET is either completely overwhelmed or doesn't give a damn.
    I get 50+ silver on every AC path and they're fast as hell. Money is easy as hell to come by in this game.

  13. #693
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,205
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    GW's economy problem is that, with very rare exception, nothing nets you much gold, making it the biggest chore to acquire. Attract the gold famer bots, they did, and ANET is either completely overwhelmed or doesn't give a damn.
    I actually don't understand how people constantly say things like this. No matter what I do, I'm making 4-6g+ per day. Dungeons? Tons of gold. Clearing zones? Tons of gold. WVW? Tons of gold. Farming karma? Tons of gold. Hell I made over 1g 50s leveling my engineer 1-27.

  14. #694
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,642
    BG Level
    9

    Maaaaybe you play more than other people. Just maybe.

  15. #695
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,188
    BG Level
    10

    I'm never "making" money because I'm always spending it on RvR upgrades and siege, but if I wasn't I'd probably be making a fortune.

    And really, what the hell am I going to buy other then RvR stuff anyway?

  16. #696
    Yarglebargle
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,304
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Maaaaybe you play more than other people. Just maybe.
    3 AC runs will net around 2+ gold and takes at most an hour and a half. One event chain in Orr will get me almost a gold if it has a couple of "defend x" objectives. That isn't even taking into account Rares and the ectos you can potentially get from them.

  17. #697
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,642
    BG Level
    9

    And do you PUG or guild those dungeon runs? The former can make all the difference in the world with both speed and repair costs adding up. I got one rare doing AC runs with my guild tonight, broke down into 1 ecto. Not really calling myself rich there. Was probably about 2 hours since we had a fresh-35 PUG floater compared to our 80s.

  18. #698
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,205
    BG Level
    6

    Do you completely ignore the 16s the end boss drops + the 26s from completing the dungeon + mob drops or?

    I die 0-1 per night in dungeons(3-6 dungeons per night), if I die once I usually get pissed so I try to keep it at 0.

  19. #699
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,642
    BG Level
    9

    I get it, you're okay with the grind. Not everyone will be. Average people aren't gonna be seeing 10g+ for things like bigger bags or higher tier cultural armors with any kind of alacrity.

  20. #700
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,205
    BG Level
    6

    You have to not log into the game or be afk to not make 1-2g per day.

Page 35 of 60 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Guild Wars 2: Pre-Release Discussion
    By Dragir in forum MMORPGs
    Replies: 4258
    Last Post: 2012-08-24, 23:29
  2. Replies: 96
    Last Post: 2012-05-21, 11:43
  3. Guild Wars
    By Insanecyclone in forum MMORPGs
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2007-10-22, 20:34