Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 1101 to 1120 of 1185
  1. #1101
    Yarglebargle
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,304
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Destroyers are minions of Primordus, which is a dragon and he is the one that drove the Asura out. lol

  2. #1102
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Ah. Either way I still wanna see it.

  3. #1103
    Yarglebargle
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,304
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    You actually fight The Great Destroyer (one of his lieutenants) in front of him in GW1, but he's still in a dormant state and much smaller than he will be in this game due to GW1's limitations.

  4. #1104
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,659
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    I wish they'd at least establish Bubbles and Modremoth(?), the currently unknown dragon that could be behind the Nightmare Court. I thought that the Karka invasion would be topped off by at least establishing that Bubbles has awakened, sent out a champion to cause some havoc or is at least on the prowl but naw... just some Karka karking.

    As for dragons? In terms of powerful creatures that humans (of many cultures) at one time feared they are top tier in addition to their Mary Sue qualities. Did you know that the Big Bang was caused by a dragon belching out our universe? You know now. Reptiles in general are feared for their venom, strength, stealth and not-human appearances yet I don't think players would buy a game with a giant Snapping Turtle or Chameleon baddie because of our cultural interpretations of what should be feared and what shouldn't.

    I mean you could write a compelling story with a non-traditional mythical beast at the helm but the risk of making it laughable is way higher than just sticking a OMGDRAGON there.

    I'm more for political intrigue but it's clear that what players want is to be the hero that saves the world without breaking a sweat that is the hallmark of most W/JRPGs and so that's what we get.

  5. #1105
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    492
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Modre and modré are "deep blue" in Polish and Czech respectively. Was it ever stated definitively that Modremoth wasn't the deep sea dragon? It also has a sort of Arthurian ring to it, and a.net loves that shit with respect to Sylvari lore and naming convention.

  6. #1106

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,993
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Pretty much. We know the name Modremoth from the abilities used by Subject Alpha in CoE. The entire area has a ton of lore and hints you may want to look into if you're interested in this. Anyway, "Teeth of Modremoth" is the ability that creates a ring of earth spikes. IE not the deep sea dragon.

  7. #1107
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,330
    BG Level
    9

    URL scrubbed

    guise, we realize we did rings wrong, here is a super grindy amulet and accessory path too.

    also, living story is content

  8. #1108
    Yarglebargle
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,304
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    I want to know what goes through any developer's head when they create content that is gated specifically by time. Not being able to get Ascended Earrings from Laurels for a month and a half, or a month? from guild missions (don't remember how long).

    Nobody likes that, ever. You know what other MMO did that? FFXI. Fucking knock it off.

  9. #1109
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,642
    BG Level
    9

    "But then the peoples will gets stuffs too fasteses and havesies nuffin to do!"

    Personally, I'd be more inclined to level an alt if the process wasn't a hassle. Otherwise, it's fuck off to another game for a bit, maybe permanently depending on the game and how much said process annoyed me.

  10. #1110
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,205
    BG Level
    6

    Yeah I agree. Not being able to gear alts before even dinging 80 is retarded. I LOVED how easily and, cheaply, and quickly I could gear alts. Was so nice to finally play a MMO where I could level any class I wanted, play any class I wanted, and be fully geared the instant I ding the level cap, instead of having to wait months and sit there gimped and get carried for months until I'm geared, then finally months later actually being able to play my class. Gated by time content is also the worst design choice ever - but according to NCSOFT GW2 was making NCSOFT the least amount of money out all their games, so Anet is stooping to "herpa derp lets copy other mmo's for money!" now.

  11. #1111
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    7,111
    BG Level
    8

    I am disliking alot of the direction the game has been taking of late, you know I was and has been the biggest fan of the game, I have not touched it in weeks =/

  12. #1112
    Yarglebargle
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,304
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    but according to NCSOFT GW2 was making NCSOFT the least amount of money out all their games, so Anet is stooping to "herpa derp lets copy other mmo's for money!" now.
    Except because this game doesn't have a sub fee, there's no reason for them to gate content behind time because it doesn't matter if you keep people playing for x amount of months and it certainly doesn't make people want to support your game via the gem shop when you make asinine design choices.

    There's no logic behind it and it's just a big "fuck you" to the players.

  13. #1113
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    7,111
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    Except because this game doesn't have a sub fee, there's no reason for them to gate content behind time because it doesn't matter if you keep people playing for x amount of months and it certainly doesn't make people want to support your game via the gem shop when you make asinine design choices.

    There's no logic behind it and it's just a big "fuck you" to the players.
    This is exactly what I think that has def put me off. I remember when they said that everyone will be able to get maxed out gear by doing the content they desire. I will wait till that happens.

  14. #1114
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,205
    BG Level
    6

    I can't wait until a year from now when if a new player wants to play, they'll have to spend 1 month on an amulet, 1 month on earrings(or is it 1 month PER earring?), 2 weeks or w/e on two rings, 1 month on body, 1 month per weapon, 1150150 fractal runs per back, etc etc.

    MAN WON'T THAT BE EXCITING! Sounds so much better than the originally planned and stated "no gear grind/treadmill/carrot", I sure will enjoy having to spend MONTHS for full ascended gear to catch up to players instead of buying full exotics off the AH for 20g, which is about what you make leveling to 80 in the first place.

    edit:
    The fuck does this even mean?
    In actual fact, Ascended Gear isn’t the most powerful gear in the game; it’s just as good as Legendary gear
    Literally the only legendary gear in the game was and still is WEAPONS, which HAD the exact same stats as EXOTICS. WHAT?

  15. #1115
    Sci
    Sci is offline
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    584
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Allowing laurels and commendations to be sold on the TP would fix a lot of these complaints. Hell, even dungeon tokens should be sellable. I can't really think of much of anything that was bind on pickup in GW1.

    Also they plan on making legendary weapons better in the future, as least as good as the ascended weapons they eventually will add.

  16. #1116
    Yarglebargle
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,304
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    This is exactly what I think that has def put me off. I remember when they said that everyone will be able to get maxed out gear by doing the content they desire. I will wait till that happens.
    My two friends and I don't want to take a break because we'll be behind on laurels and they've given no indication that they're going to add more ways to obtain ascended gear that isn't shitty but we don't want to keep playing just for Dailies because that's simply not fun.

    I made a big post on the OF asking if they were planning on adding new ways to obtain ascended gear and put the above points in and some of the responses were the dumbest shit I've ever read.

    "You don't NEED ascended gear to do anything in this game, so just don't get it."

    Oh, ok. Yeah. Mhm. Sure. So many things wrong with that statement I can't even begin to fathom what was going through that person's mind as he wrote it.

  17. #1117
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,485
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

    Dailies are the worst excuse for content ever devised and tying any sort of gear progress to them is just a slap in the face.

    I cannot wait for the day MMO's eradicate dailies once and for all.

  18. #1118
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    7,111
    BG Level
    8

    I am ashamed to say this, but after playing GW2 for a while and enjoying it, I found myself totally engrossed in FFXIV last weekend, I found myself enjoying tank dd healer parties, realizing I missed it ! lol

  19. #1119
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,205
    BG Level
    6

    I felt the same way when I first started playing Tera again, but quickly started to hate having a tank and healer. While having a healer adds a lot more elements to PVP, it makes PVE completely boring as a DPS. The most fun I had in Tera was duoing BAM's as 2x DPS, or soloing them, doing any type of content with a tank/healer just made me bored out of my mind. Even with 1 shot mechanics you still barely have to do anything outside of "DPS and stay out of red circles/move when the boss says OBVIOUS things in /say"

    I really love being a healer, but I find it much more fun to be able to be a DPS and keep myself alive while avoiding damage/tanking.

    edit: Dailies are one of the worst things ever, I really hate that they still exist..and how GW2 seems to keep EXPANDING on them. I loved GW2 dailies because it was like something you accidently did while playing and got a free cool reward(mystic coin/karma) for basically doing nothing you'd normally not do. The new dialies are completely different and basically WOW/Rift/SWTOR/Tera etc dailies. They seem to be adding too many old-gen MMO trends to our next-gen MMO, and making GW2 worse with every patch instead of better.

  20. #1120
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,817
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    Except because this game doesn't have a sub fee, there's no reason for them to gate content behind time because it doesn't matter if you keep people playing for x amount of months and it certainly doesn't make people want to support your game via the gem shop when you make asinine design choices.

    There's no logic behind it and it's just a big "fuck you" to the players.
    I've mentioned it before, but instead of making the gem store more accessible and putting stuff in, at a price people would pay, they've just gone the route of time/grind for X+1 gear and have practically ignored the gem store. I now have a stack of 250 BL chests and I just trash any new ones I get because key's aren't common enough and are far too expensive for the crap they give (just one example). At it's current implentation, I'd put GW2 as a failed example of a Free-to-Play because it's really moved any Gem Shop incentive to the far back of the bus. I still play but that's just because work has shit going on and I work from home.

Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Guild Wars 2: Pre-Release Discussion
    By Dragir in forum MMORPGs
    Replies: 4258
    Last Post: 2012-08-24, 23:29
  2. Replies: 96
    Last Post: 2012-05-21, 11:43
  3. Guild Wars
    By Insanecyclone in forum MMORPGs
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2007-10-22, 20:34