Page 12 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 1529
  1. #221
    I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,266
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    My biggest complaint is trying to get skillpoints/poi's/vistas that are surrounded by a clusterfuck of mobs. 10 attempts to get the lyssa skillpoint in malchor's leap the path up to it includes at minimum 4 veteran mobs, a few that have pulls and theres no room to pull ANY of them individually. Shit like this bugs me because there's no way around it and it needs to be done.
    It wouldn't be so bad if they actually didn't have insanely short repop timers. I have no problem clearing multiple veterans as long as I get the time required to kill them all and get to my objective. Problem is that I can't get my objective unless I kill the 4 veterans a total of 12 times cause they repop too damn fast.

  2. #222
    Chram
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,759
    BG Level
    7

    Twilight Arbor is the worst fucking dungeon I have ever attempted... FUCK


    lawls, rage quit that shit. Dude in party started to leeroy on Ambien

  3. #223
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,960
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    The spider path isn't bad, just focus the stone whatever spiders down and the rest is pretty faceroll. Unless you mean story, I haven't done that.

  4. #224
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Yeah.. honestly TWilight Arbor is very clean save for maybe two parts. The worm boss because it's a cluster fuck toward the end, and.. well that's really it tbh. The rest is pretty okay. Just take it slow and focus down the paralyze/immobilize spiders.

    in other news, Crucible of Eternity is long as balls, and annoying as fuck. A shame too since I want the Inquest stuff

  5. #225
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,391
    BG Level
    6

    Well, seems I can't sell anything in the Black trade. Windows opens up, but won't load any of my items, nor allow me to drag something there.
    I can access the Trading Post and buy other players' items, of course.

    Filed a bug report, hope they fix that.

  6. #226
    CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,994
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

    Tried right clicking item in your invo and pressing Sell on Trading Post?

  7. #227
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,391
    BG Level
    6

    I did. It opens my Black Market window ("My stuff" tab), but it's completely empty, every search gives 0 results and so on...

    Tried with a friend's character and everything works, so I doubt it's an overflow/server congestion issue, since I tried in different occasions.

  8. #228
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,042
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    I think this game is the shortest an MMO has kept me interested in it, I knew it when I started leveling and I kept gaining levels without even noticing because you get no new skills, and suddenly, you're at level 80 2 weeks after release, which has never happened to me in any other MMO, not even close.

    Content wise there's barely anything to do, I did the big dragon DE's and you just stand there mashing 1 for 3 minutes with a ranged weapon and it dies.

    I refuse to complete the world map anymore, I have 3 maps I can't complete due to bugged SPs... it's been that way for over a week, and doing the same thing at every map is just a way too boring of a grind.

    There's no system for getting a group, people in my server only do CoF and Arah because they're stupidly easy and/or exploitable, it's a waste of time trying to get any group for the rest, I did a few of them but I'm not trying again if barely anybody wants to do them, I guess it's the same for the other servers, why spend 1 hour clearing an instance when you can do Arah and get 8 marks with a single pull in less than 10 minutes and reset the instance.

    The rest of the content is just the same I did when leveling, and they're the same 4-5 quests/events copypasted every fucking where with a new coat of paint and no reward.

    There's no situational gear, you're handed the best gear in the game as soon as you hit 80 if you leveled a craft, getting new models is cool for a few days/weeks, but then what? There's no progression at all, no vertical progression, and for sure no horizontal one either.

    PvP to me is an extra activity, something you can do when you're bored, between activities or to goof around, doing PvP and only PvP is not really my thing, and it seems that's what this game is only about, the PvP/WvW.

  9. #229
    Yarglebargle
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,304
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Icarian View Post
    Content wise there's barely anything to do, I did the big dragon DE's and you just stand there mashing 1 for 3 minutes with a ranged weapon and it dies.
    You're doing it wrong then. I agree that those DEs need to be tweaked to punish that kind of behavior because if you have enough people that does indeed work, but it shouldn't.

    I refuse to complete the world map anymore, I have 3 maps I can't complete due to bugged SPs... it's been that way for over a week, and doing the same thing at every map is just a way too boring of a grind.
    I agree that this is a serious issue, and while I did get 100% map completion it was a mixture of having to jump through hoops or just plain get lucky.

    There's no system for getting a group, people in my server only do CoF and Arah because they're stupidly easy and/or exploitable, it's a waste of time trying to get any group for the rest, I did a few of them but I'm not trying again if barely anybody wants to do them, I guess it's the same for the other servers, why spend 1 hour clearing an instance when you can do Arah and get 8 marks with a single pull in less than 10 minutes and reset the instance.
    I'll tell you why it's a waste of time trying to get a group for the rest: It's because doing those with a PUG is a waste of time. Aside from maybe CM because that's just easy (but that armor is ugly anyways). Why would anybody intentionally put themselves into that sort of headache? Get a guild and/or group of friends. It's not hard to get a guild, if you spend any amount of time with somebody in WvW you can tell if they're a complete retard or not and ask to join their guild. If you're a solo player don't complain about the shit that requires you to do stuff in a group.

    The rest of the content is just the same I did when leveling, and they're the same 4-5 quests/events copypasted every fucking where with a new coat of paint and no reward.
    I agree that I was somewhat disappointed with this. However once they iron out the bugs in Orr I will be happy to do those events all the time because those are actually fairly interesting and aren't like the rest of the zones (some of them are but you can't expect the entire game to be original like that). The thing that gets me about the people that complain about events being the same across all zones is that those are the same people that are perfectly content to do that shit in WoW but suddenly it becomes a problem in this game? Every single quest in WoW that you do to level up is literally "Kill X of this" or "Kill X of this for X item". GW2 at least makes an attempt at keeping things interesting and while they may not have quite gotten there, they sure made a better effort than any game in the past 10 years.

    There's no situational gear, you're handed the best gear in the game as soon as you hit 80 if you leveled a craft, getting new models is cool for a few days/weeks, but then what? There's no progression at all, no vertical progression, and for sure no horizontal one either.
    Uh, no? If you're only using one build and one set of gear again; you're doing it wrong. Getting new models for weapons/armor is the very definition of horizontal progression.

    PvP to me is an extra activity, something you can do when you're bored, between activities or to goof around, doing PvP and only PvP is not really my thing, and it seems that's what this game is only about, the PvP/WvW.
    I'll agree that sPvP is is an extra activity that I only do when I'm bored but you have to realize that for other people, that will be the entire game. For you and me it's a side activity, whatever. WvW however is just plain fun and benefits everybody on the server so I'll disagree with you on that.

  10. #230
    Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,236
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

    Random Complaint Thread: "GW2 is a bigger letdown than FFXIV"

    There's so much wrong with this game, but every thing you out lined in your post is what they advertised the game is about for forever. No gear grind, flat leveling curve, emphasis on grinding gear for skins over use, and a large emphasis on pvp and esports. If you expected different I don't know what to tell you.

    List of things pissing me off at the moment are:
    Bugged events
    Bugged dungeons which occasionally freak out and force you to reset them
    Objects which can't be hit because of "obstructed"
    Every fight is glaringly anti-melee
    Fuck twilight arbor
    WvW hasn't felt even at all yet. While some maps have good battles and are fairly even and you can still get your kills and have some fun, the overall score is overwhelmingly always in favor of one server which I can see always being decided on day 1. Ehmry is in first overcome thing like 200,000 points at the moment.

    The game doesn't feel tested at all and it's becoming longer and longer with no fixes for anything. It's been 4-5 days since the last patch. You can even feel the discontent starting in on reddit a little. While I still feel over all positive about the game, it's starting to get frustrating.

  11. #231
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,042
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    You're doing it wrong then. I agree that those DEs need to be tweaked to punish that kind of behavior because if you have enough people that does indeed work, but it shouldn't.

    There's like 50+ people on them, I can barely see where I'm standing.


    I'll tell you why it's a waste of time trying to get a group for the rest: It's because doing those with a PUG is a waste of time. Aside from maybe CM because that's just easy (but that armor is ugly anyways). Why would anybody intentionally put themselves into that sort of headache?
    I've tried some with a couple of friends/PUGs, they're not -that- hard, people always just go the easy route, there's a few shouts for them here and there, but it takes too much time to get a group going and when you need to do them so many times to get a piece, it just isn't worth it, not because it's hard but because it takes too much time to form a group.

    Get a guild and/or group of friends
    Easier said than done IMO with no system to look for them other than spam in lion's arch, which ends up with you having many shitty guilds, joined a few of them, they're not really worth it, nobody talks or does anything and the like. Might come across a decent one someday, but yeah...

    And while I do have some friends to do dungeons with, we don't do them too often (schedule issues).

    Uh, no? If you're only using one build and one set of gear again; you're doing it wrong. Getting new models for weapons/armor is the very definition of horizontal progression.
    Getting a whole new set of exotic gear takes like 5 minutes crafting, You'll most likely already have the mats needed if you don't sell them on the trading post. Also, I've yet to find a situation where I actually needed to change my whole gear, usually a few gear/trait adjustments do the trick.

    New models for weapon and armor is no progression, it's just aesthetics, while it is fun getting models few people have, once you have them there's nothing else, you'll fare no better than when you were wearing easily crafted exotics.

    I'll agree that sPvP is is an extra activity that I only do when I'm bored but you have to realize that for other people, that will be the entire game. For you and me it's a side activity, whatever. WvW however is just plain fun and benefits everybody on the server so I'll disagree with you on that.
    I do realize that many people are playing just for the PVP, that's why I said "to me", I just wish there was a bit more depth to the PvE side of the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    There's so much wrong with this game, but every thing you out lined in your post is what they advertised the game is about for forever. No gear grind, flat leveling curve, emphasis on grinding gear for skins over use, and a large emphasis on pvp and esports. If you expected different I don't know what to tell you.
    That's entirely my fault and I can't really complain about Anet not doing what they said they were going to do, as I went in completely blind, I didn't read anything about the game before purchasing it. Still, it's my opinion on the game.


    The game doesn't feel tested at all and it's becoming longer and longer with no fixes for anything. It's been 4-5 days since the last patch. You can even feel the discontent starting in on reddit a little. While I still feel over all positive about the game, it's starting to get frustrating.
    I noticed that too, almost everything was fine until I stepped into a 50-60 zone, then everything started to get wonky, DEs not working/stalled, skillpoints with no NPC to trigger them and so on.

  12. #232
    E. Body
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,392
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

    None of the classes are grabbing me leveling them gets boring fast because well theres not much to be gained by leveling them

  13. #233
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,485
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

    Quote Originally Posted by Galkaeater View Post
    None of the classes are grabbing me leveling them gets boring fast because well theres not much to be gained by leveling them
    Traits?

  14. #234
    Tagus
    Guest

    I'm starting to agree the leveling curve is insanely easy, and I've been slowpoking it.
    Thing is, this is guild wars. I think the level cap in GW1 was set at 20 for the entire length of the game, so if you expected a grind fest, idk what you're smoking. However... maybe it's too easy. I was just standing still in sparkfly fen and got like 4k exp for an event I didn't even know was happening... all of a sudden was just like "EVENT FAILED! YOU RECEIVE 4k EXP, 300 KARMA" etc. It's in a zone where there's a dragon pop too, so the event happens alot because I guess the event regularity is based on the population in the zone?

    was just like... thanks? I think? Maybe I'll throw a piece of tape on my keyboard to keep myself running into a wall so I don't get kicked for inactivity, and come back later today and be level 80.

  15. #235
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,485
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

    Anet needs to make farming 1 or 2 bosses in certain dungeons and resetting them impossible.

  16. #236
    Chram
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,625
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Icarian View Post
    I think this game is the shortest an MMO has kept me interested in it,

    ........

    PvP to me is an extra activity, something you can do when you're bored, between activities or to goof around, doing PvP and only PvP is not really my thing, and it seems that's what this game is only about, the PvP/WvW.
    Basically, its not a [real] mmo.

    You really got them backwards somewhere along the line. The non-PVP/WvW is the side activity fluff.

  17. #237
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,205
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Icarian View Post
    I think this game is the shortest an MMO has kept me interested in it, I knew it when I started leveling and I kept gaining levels without even noticing because you get no new skills, and suddenly, you're at level 80 2 weeks after release, which has never happened to me in any other MMO, not even close.

    Content wise there's barely anything to do, I did the big dragon DE's and you just stand there mashing 1 for 3 minutes with a ranged weapon and it dies.

    I refuse to complete the world map anymore, I have 3 maps I can't complete due to bugged SPs... it's been that way for over a week, and doing the same thing at every map is just a way too boring of a grind.

    There's no system for getting a group, people in my server only do CoF and Arah because they're stupidly easy and/or exploitable, it's a waste of time trying to get any group for the rest, I did a few of them but I'm not trying again if barely anybody wants to do them, I guess it's the same for the other servers, why spend 1 hour clearing an instance when you can do Arah and get 8 marks with a single pull in less than 10 minutes and reset the instance.

    The rest of the content is just the same I did when leveling, and they're the same 4-5 quests/events copypasted every fucking where with a new coat of paint and no reward.

    There's no situational gear, you're handed the best gear in the game as soon as you hit 80 if you leveled a craft, getting new models is cool for a few days/weeks, but then what? There's no progression at all, no vertical progression, and for sure no horizontal one either.

    PvP to me is an extra activity, something you can do when you're bored, between activities or to goof around, doing PvP and only PvP is not really my thing, and it seems that's what this game is only about, the PvP/WvW.
    You're playing the wrong video game basically. You hate everything about the game that makes this game guild wars 2.

    You shouldn't expect to be able to pug dungeons, they are meant for organized groups/guilds according to arenanet. Some of them are buggy though and make them annoying, but they're completely doable with a good group.

    I started leveling and I kept gaining levels without even noticing because you get no new skills,
    I don't understand this at all, were you not spending points on utility skills/elite skills and traits or something?? You're constantly gaining new traits, skills, and gear while leveling up. There's a reason why a level2 is completely useless vs a level80 in WVW.

    None of the classes are grabbing me leveling them gets boring fast because well theres not much to be gained by leveling them
    You gain tons of traits, utility skills, and elite skills. You gain access to dungeons(incredibly fun with a good group), the ability to be useful in WVW, awesome looking gear, the most fun events in the game(orr/frostgorge zone events are amazing..especially frost gorge's dragon), etc. The game gets a lot more fun, give it a chance.

    you're at level 80 2 weeks after release, which has never happened to me in any other MMO, not even close.
    This is pretty much every MMO released since 2004, where have you been? Rift, SWTOR, etc were all 1 week to get to the level cap.

    Anet needs to make farming 1 or 2 bosses in certain dungeons and resetting them impossible.
    Agreed, it's stupid these pubs are spamming the first easymode bosses of arah for COSMETIC GEAR WITH NO STAT BONUSES(WTF?). Bosses in dungeons shouldn't give badges/mark thingies, instead the final reward with the 177k exp you get should give you like ~30 badges or however many the dungeon would normally give.

    I'm starting to agree the leveling curve is insanely easy
    Being level80 doesn't really mean anything, I dinged 80 and kept clearing zones, doing my story, doing DE's, leveling crafts, etc. 80 is easy because once you get 80, you still need to gain 100+ levels/100+ SP to buy cool things.

    Every fight is glaringly anti-melee
    I'm ok with this, but some stuff is just IMPOSSIBLE as a melee, aka the flowers in twilight arbor. Otherwise, it makes sense. My melee weapons do 2-3x more damage than my ranged weapons do even if I'm constantly running around avoiding things.

    My complaint? 50+ and every dungeon wasn't tested at all, and needs fixed asap(basically what eanae said). Literally every single event in every orr zone is bugged right now except the two defend the towns between the tunnel events that everyone bots, LOL.

  18. #238
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,318
    BG Level
    6

    I really don't get why people bitch about there being no progression, it's been stated since the original GW that its horizontal progression only. You know why people hate WoW and continue to play it? because of the stupid gear progression addiction that they feel they need to get their moneys worth out of for their $12 sub each month and the whole reason its there is to keep you paying that $12/mo. GW2 is one of those games you can pick up and play for a few weeks of enjoyment and then put down again and still be in a good position when you decide you wanna swing back around to it.

    It's also been stated that GW is a more PvP friendly MMO series, if you don't like either of those, why pick up the game in the first place?

  19. #239
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    My complaints:

    1. Not being able to filter armor by it's weight (Heavy, Medium, Light).
    2. Level gap for certain attributes on armor. (After 66, there is no craftable healing power gear until 75 for Guardian. And I don't feel like shelling out damn near all my money on Rare/Exotics which I'll replace quickly down the road).
    3. Not being able to scan people for their gear.
    4. Bugged events
    5. Lack of variety in terms of equipment appearance.

  20. #240
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,193
    BG Level
    10

    For the million time, bugged events need to be fixed yesterday.

Page 12 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 987
    Last Post: 2014-03-30, 10:05
  2. Replies: 1025
    Last Post: 2013-04-14, 20:14
  3. Aion: Random Complaint Thread.
    By Meresgi in forum MMORPGs
    Replies: 2095
    Last Post: 2012-04-18, 09:00
  4. Rift: Random Complaint Thread
    By Katlan in forum MMORPGs
    Replies: 647
    Last Post: 2012-02-22, 15:30
  5. Aion: Random Priran Complaint Thread.
    By Pyree in forum MMORPGs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2009-11-12, 18:18