Page 40 of 77 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 1529
  1. #781
    CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,994
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    Lookin' at you Honor of the Waves...
    We have ran it with 3 Guardians, we basically just watched Shiyo solo down the underwater bosses because Guardian can't do a damn thing underwater. Best dungeon design!

  2. #782
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    We have ran it with 3 Guardians, we basically just watched Shiyo solo down the underwater bosses because Guardian can't do a damn thing underwater. Best dungeon design!
    Yeah.. because I totally don't do any damage at all QQ

  3. #783
    Yarglebargle
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,304
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    We have ran it with 3 Guardians, we basically just watched Shiyo solo down the underwater bosses because Guardian can't do a damn thing underwater. Best dungeon design!
    Yeah when we do it I'm main source of damage on underwater bosses, the one on path 2 with the bullshit insta-kill with no charge up move I'm the only one that can use melee because Thief is invincible underwater with my initiative regen build. Set skill 5 on spear to auto-attack, afk forever because perma dodge (assuming it stands still), occasionally hit steal for more initiative. Still takes like 20 mins though.

  4. #784
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,642
    BG Level
    9

    Part of me wants to feel like zone event mobs might be bugging on scaling with uber HP, but then again, maybe they always expect 30+ people to show up to whatever. I came across a champion ice golem in the second Norn zone last week in the early morning, no other soul in sight. Were it not for local aggro, I'm pretty sure I could've slowly tickled it to death as I'd literally been dodging it and other mobs for like 5 minutes before respawns slowly overwhelmed me. But yeah, even for the snooze mobs, I wouldn't want to up and give them some uber nuke while maintaining those HP values. That just errs more toward XI-style Abyssea NMs without Abyssea buffs fake difficulty there.

  5. #785
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,191
    BG Level
    10

    I don't have an issue with increased damage/hp on mobs based on how many people are around. Actually I think it's a positive as it's better than the alternative; it stays the same and gets insta-gibbed by the 30 people attacking it.

    There's really nothing else you can do to upscale monster difficulty with the current level of technology in MMOs atm. Is the AI going to get upped when there's more people around? Are mobs going to suddenly learn new spells and techniques? These things aren't really viable at this stage. Maybe down the road.

  6. #786
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    7,109
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    I don't have an issue with increased damage/hp on mobs based on how many people are around. Actually I think it's a positive as it's better than the alternative; it stays the same and gets insta-gibbed by the 30 people attacking it.

    There's really nothing else you can do to upscale monster difficulty with the current level of technology in MMOs atm. Is the AI going to get upped when there's more people around? Are mobs going to suddenly learn new spells and techniques? These things aren't really viable at this stage. Maybe down the road.
    Um this is exactly what anet did. like Boss mobs learning moves to take care of large crowds when there are enough people. Is it working correctly? no clue, but the tech is there.The tail swipe move from broodmother was an example they gave, it does not do this originally but its unlocked when enough people comes around.

    Oh and as for the underwater dungeon thing, you sure its not cus the rest of the group didnt care to upgrade their underwater weapons and they are still rocking level 12 shit? cus that happens all the time. lol

  7. #787
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,191
    BG Level
    10

    I have never seen a new technique used by a mob that is being attacked by more players ever, months after the fact. If the tech is there it isn't being used in a significant capacity at all.

  8. #788
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    7,109
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    I have never seen a new technique used by a mob that is being attacked by more players ever, months after the fact. If the tech is there it isn't being used in a significant capacity at all.
    well its kinda hard to know if and when a mob learns new shit unless you fight it with hardly anyone around. But I do agree I do not think it works correctly. I remember in beta broodmother would start knocking people around hard that you had to dodge shit, but when the game went live it died so fast with people just standing around zerging. I know this wasnt something that coulda been easily done like that during beta. So yea something changed, or is bugged to shit.

  9. #789
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,642
    BG Level
    9

    Yeah, I can't recall seeing such, either. At best, the difference is more Veteran one pop, Champion another, and with that the respective boost of HP and damage. Some SPs also use this behavior, to which I recall fighting a spider that seemed bugged to always spawn Champion even though the icon suggested veteran. Thing was just way too much of a beast to be normal and I was lucky some other people showed up to help kill it. That said, I am fine with scaling, it just needs to work right and be more intelligent on how it decides x number of players are around, because having a dozen bots fighting on some random hill making a boss x times stronger than it needs to be is a flaw in the system.

  10. #790
    Yarglebargle
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,304
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Oh and as for the underwater dungeon thing, you sure its not cus the rest of the group didnt care to upgrade their underwater weapons and they are still rocking level 12 shit? cus that happens all the time. lol
    There are always at least 3 of us from guild, so no that's not it. Those things just have a retarded amount of hp and so do those Icebrood Collosi Legendaries on the second path, they're not hard, they just have so much fucking hp. It's stupid, they're not any harder than a regular silver mob (fuck the Icebrood Claymores in that dungeon are harder than those things) but they have 50x as much hp. A fight that should last 5-10 mins at most lasts 20 mins simply because THEY WON'T DIE. And god forbid if the underwater bosses do that shitty underwater glitch where they just go invulnerable for no fucking reason and then reset to full hp. I haven't had it happen to me yet but I'm sure it will at some point and that will be the day I vow never to do that fucking dungeon again.

  11. #791
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,191
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Yeah, I can't recall seeing such, either. At best, the difference is more Veteran one pop, Champion another, and with that the respective boost of HP and damage. Some SPs also use this behavior, to which I recall fighting a spider that seemed bugged to always spawn Champion even though the icon suggested veteran. Thing was just way too much of a beast to be normal and I was lucky some other people showed up to help kill it. That said, I am fine with scaling, it just needs to work right and be more intelligent on how it decides x number of players are around, because having a dozen bots fighting on some random hill making a boss x times stronger than it needs to be is a flaw in the system.
    I'm going to assume the issue you're running into is that the sectors that read how many people are in the area is too large. I ran into that issue in the beta where there'd be a small group of people fighting just over yonder, but the veteran mob I was fighting had entirely too much HP for it to be tuned for 1 person. Can't say I recall running into along my travels to 80, but then I was inside the standard leveling curve of players leveling from launch. There was always a small zerg somewhere to take care of any mob.

  12. #792
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,205
    BG Level
    6

    A fight that should last 5-10 mins at most lasts 20 mins
    I've never taken 20 mins to kill any HOTW bosses...

  13. #793
    Yarglebargle
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,304
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    I've never taken 20 mins to kill any HOTW bosses...
    Calling bullshit. Unless the randoms really are dragging us down that much. None of us are specced so supporty that we don't do damage, nobody dies and we're all full exotic. Most of us are running Knights gear with Berserker's weapons/some accessories.

    EDIT: Actually you know what. Every single time we've gone one of the randoms is a friend of somebody in our guild and it's this incredibly shitty Guardian that only uses Scepter/whatever and doesn't combo, doesn't heal anybody, and uses the Hounds of Balthazar human elite skill (I assume it's an elite because I never see him use a guardian elite) instead of something useful. Underwater he only uses Trident (which I've been told is bad). So you're probably right. If we had somebody actually contributing to the group instead of him being absolutely useless (he dies a lot too) it'd probably be exponentially faster.

    Those mobs still have a retarded amount of hp though.

  14. #794
    Impossiblu
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,445
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    took us 9 minutes to kill the underwater boss with 3 guardians the other night and I fell asleep half way through. the guy using scepter and trident is bad

  15. #795
    Yarglebargle
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,304
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Yeah it clicked like 3 seconds after I hit the post button.

    Almost every single human guardian I see uses that fucking Hounds of Balthazar elite and I cannot fathom why.

  16. #796
    CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,994
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

    Guardian elites are pretty shit overall but there's literally 0 reason to use Hounds, so yeah he's probably an idiot. Tome of Wrath for the 4 seconds of aoe Quickening (can actually pop this twice if you're on the ball or traited for extended elites) or Tome of Courage for dem heals pretty much always outweighs hounds.

  17. #797
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,391
    BG Level
    6

    Almost every single human guardian I see uses that fucking Hounds of Balthazar elite and I cannot fathom why.
    Well, Tomes' description is completely vague about their effects. "This tome will do stuff" doesn't exactly cut it.
    I guess people can familiarize more with the idea of summoning two hounds to their side.

    That aside, I think Anet missed the mark with the Guardian class. It's not about the class design, but its identity - I have seen plenty of players who look at Guardian as the 'sacred warrior' (compared to warrior, which is presented more like a brute, or barbarian-like class), wielding greatsword and shooting lazers. Other players think Guardians to be the 'stalwart defender', in a game where there's no old school tank.
    In reality, the class is a very weird mixture of paladin/cleric/priest/red mage and I guess that makes players either dissapointed or confused. Not the BG kind of players, mind you.

  18. #798
    Lostbane
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,052
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    I love guardian as I think of it as a heavily-armoured healer in a cleric style. It's weird though. You are missing 'something' to give it a real identity.

  19. #799
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,642
    BG Level
    9

    Don't have guardian leveled, but how would you feel if it could swap to any weapon in-combat with the basic cooldown?

  20. #800
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,391
    BG Level
    6

    I love guardian as I think of it as a heavily-armoured healer in a cleric style.
    The 'heavily-armored' part is quite tricky. Guardian does wear heavy armor, but the low HP make him quite squishy.

    Then again, it's not a matter of the class being strong or weak. I just find that players can have a very hard time figuring out how they're supposed to play and deck a Guardian.

Page 40 of 77 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 987
    Last Post: 2014-03-30, 10:05
  2. Replies: 1025
    Last Post: 2013-04-14, 20:14
  3. Aion: Random Complaint Thread.
    By Meresgi in forum MMORPGs
    Replies: 2095
    Last Post: 2012-04-18, 09:00
  4. Rift: Random Complaint Thread
    By Katlan in forum MMORPGs
    Replies: 647
    Last Post: 2012-02-22, 15:30
  5. Aion: Random Priran Complaint Thread.
    By Pyree in forum MMORPGs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2009-11-12, 18:18