Page 48 of 77 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast
Results 941 to 960 of 1529
  1. #941
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,205
    BG Level
    6

    You know that jump from exotic to legendary tier gives 0% stat bonuses.
    Please stop posting wrong information, legendaries have +~3-6 damage and +3 major +2 minor to stats over exotics.

    I don't remember where I saw the jewelery thing, I was 99% asleep.

  2. #942
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    107
    BG Level
    3
    FFXIV Character
    Joyo Mojo
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Kul Tiras

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Please stop posting wrong information, legendaries have +~3-6 damage and +3 major +2 minor to stats over exotics.

    I don't remember where I saw the jewelery thing, I was 99% asleep.
    Legendaries have the exact same stats as exotics. They removed the extra stats.

  3. #943
    tol
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Please stop posting wrong information, legendaries have +~3-6 damage and +3 major +2 minor to stats over exotics.

    I don't remember where I saw the jewelery thing, I was 99% asleep.
    yeahh.... no.

  4. #944
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,205
    BG Level
    6

    Oh they RANDOMLY removed the additional stats? wtf <_<;

    THANK GOD

    Too bad they're adding new gear with better stats, so wtf, fuck everything.

  5. #945
    Impossiblu
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,445
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    I don't really see how +59 across all stats is giving anyone any sort of significant edge in any competitive sense. It's barely shit. The most overpowering aspect of this armor would be the infusion slot, as if it's a second rune slot that would add magnitudes more than any stat boost they'd put on the armor would. Hopefully that isn't the case.

  6. #946
    Yarglebargle
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,304
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    The fact they removed extra stats on legendaries and then said "Ascended armor are halfway between exotics and legendaries" makes me believe that they're not talking about stats at all. >_> I'm going to laugh when this is the case and feed off of the wave of "oh." and backpedaling coming off of the official forums.

  7. #947
    Impossiblu
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,445
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Not only that, but the fact that it's between legendaries and exotics would mean that the stat bonuses would be even less than the original legendary stats. It's flavor, nothing else.

  8. #948
    Yarglebargle
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,304
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Watch the Infused thing work exactly like in GW1 and it makes one move that a specific mob uses not do as much damage.

  9. #949
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,960
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    Watch the Infused thing work exactly like in GW1 and it makes one move that a specific mob uses not do as much damage.
    Time to gear up in full Priest of Balthazar resistance.

  10. #950
    CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,994
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

    https://twitter.com/mkerstein/status/268043782774218755
    https://twitter.com/mkerstein/status/268039519671033856

    I'm not concerned in the slightest, I have faith Anet know what they're doing. There's a multitude of bad design decisions and balance issues in the game, but all the changes they've been making have been positive in my opinion. A stupid gear treadmill was one thing they were highly opposed against and I don't see them ever going back on that.

  11. #951
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,654
    BG Level
    9

    I'd only consider it a treadmill if you must absolutely get the prior "tier" or have people hand hold you through to the next stuff. There's a part of me that's baffled people out there basically aspire to old-FFXI's stagnant sidegrade system, at the same time thinking playing dress up is enough to sate people long term. New gear has to come eventually to inspire people to try new content. Hell, a new level cap will also come eventually, and that guarantees new gear. People who play MMOs expecting them to never change are in the wrong fucking genre.

  12. #952
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,351
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    I love WvW but I really hate the PvE stuff in there. I swear JQ is losing in part because of the damn grub. We actually have 2 commanders that build and at times steal siege golems to fight grub. We've lost SM twice so far because 15+ people are at grub instead of defending.

  13. #953
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Yeah, I noticed JQ has been very uncoordinated lately. Kind of a disappointment since they were a force to be reckoned with. We may take the lead fast, but then SBI comes and just dominates everything.

  14. #954
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,651
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Yeah, I noticed JQ has been very uncoordinated lately. Kind of a disappointment since they were a force to be reckoned with. We may take the lead fast, but then SBI comes and just dominates everything.
    Pwahahaha! But yeah ... I currently only care about that dominance while getting my map completion done ... afterwards its back to not caring ... though WvW has grown on me a little. Just waiting on the three of us to rotate maps to speed up a few points.

  15. #955
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    WvW can be fun, but yeah I don't feel like dealing with a group that isn't coordinated and doesn't work together. I sometimes wonder how much money I lost on siege weapons since nobody would help build them and they got AoEd to oblivion.

  16. #956
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,651
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    WvW can be fun, but yeah I don't feel like dealing with a group that isn't coordinated and doesn't work together. I sometimes wonder how much money I lost on siege weapons since nobody would help build them and they got AoEd to oblivion.
    I learned pretty quick on SBI that you give the siege weapons to the commanders (aside from a few derps who have the status but the WvW regulars seem to know which ones to ignore). Otherwise the few times I've been in WvW i've hopped between all 4 battlegrounds and theres often always 1 commander on each map who everyone will gravitate to, supplies in hand. Maybe I just caught them at a good time, but sieges materialize very quickly when a commander sees vulnerability.

  17. #957
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,239
    BG Level
    10

    Public server VoIP. Never have these problems again.

  18. #958
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Necronus View Post
    I learned pretty quick on SBI that you give the siege weapons to the commanders (aside from a few derps who have the status but the WvW regulars seem to know which ones to ignore). Otherwise the few times I've been in WvW i've hopped between all 4 battlegrounds and theres often always 1 commander on each map who everyone will gravitate to, supplies in hand. Maybe I just caught them at a good time, but sieges materialize very quickly when a commander sees vulnerability.
    I'm not sure who the actual commanders are to listen to, but most of the time people seem to be hit or miss on using supplies to build. Pretty sure I lost at least 3 rams trying to take down a door since nobody would quit meleeing the effin' door to build.

  19. #959
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26,239
    BG Level
    10

    Always ask in at least /say how much supply people got before putting shit down. Sometimes people simply got none. Other times people have no intention of building a ram when there's too much defensive siege hammering the ram area. Sometimes I see some dude put a ram down and get uppity when nobody builds it, then I gotta be all "Nah nigga, nobody is wasting their supply when they could be using it for something useful like these catapults back here". There's lots of reasons why people don't build siege, and many of them aren't because people are terrible.

  20. #960
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,351
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    JQ does have a few commanders who are good, but they're few and between now. Guessing they switched to other servers... actually I think one of our good commanders just vowed to switch to SBI just so he / she can zerg our GRUB guild when they're... grubbing.

Page 48 of 77 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 987
    Last Post: 2014-03-30, 10:05
  2. Replies: 1025
    Last Post: 2013-04-14, 20:14
  3. Aion: Random Complaint Thread.
    By Meresgi in forum MMORPGs
    Replies: 2095
    Last Post: 2012-04-18, 09:00
  4. Rift: Random Complaint Thread
    By Katlan in forum MMORPGs
    Replies: 647
    Last Post: 2012-02-22, 15:30
  5. Aion: Random Priran Complaint Thread.
    By Pyree in forum MMORPGs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2009-11-12, 18:18