Page 12 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 1494

Thread: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #221
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,752
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Mots View Post
    I think I am going to force myself to only use switch axe in the beginning of 3U. I only ever used it a couple times in Tri and I wasn't comfortable with it. I tried it in the demo once so far and I think I could really get the hang of it.
    learn to swing > sword mode > swing swing > axe mode > swing > swing > Sword mode, swapping around a lot can help once you get the hang of it (and Sword mode has ESP)

  2. #222
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,176
    BG Level
    8

    I (Doombear) added a few of you to Friend List. Is it the 19th yet?

  3. #223
    "Jammin'!"
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    763
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Will the 3DS version be available on the eShop? I couldn't find anything stating wether or not it would be. I assume a digital version would load the areas faster, but I have a Best Buy card I either gotta use on this or Adoulin Ultimate. I'm unsure if they'd stock Adoulin without a preorder and I'd like to get that in a couple weeks before release. Meh.

  4. #224
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,176
    BG Level
    8

    There will be a digital release for both consoles yes. It just hasn't been stated if it will be a day one release. If it were up to Capcom it would be day one digital but it is down to Nintendo. The digital releases are already approved, so it is Nintendo's call.

  5. #225
    AoE
    AoE is offline
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7,117
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    I think I'll pick this up on for 3DS for the currently unlikely chance I pick up a Wii-U so I can have a pwnage char in the future.

  6. #226
    "Jammin'!"
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    763
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Meh, so much baggage with digital vs physical copies. I guess I'll wait for the digital for the loadtimes/lack of cartidge swapping, I just wish I could resell if MH4 comes stateside. At the very least, I hope I get Nintendo points from the digital copy. >.>

    Oh, are there any general Longsword, Switchaxe, or Gun Lance Tutorials? I found a great sword one, which I lost, and can't find anything else like it.

  7. #227
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,176
    BG Level
    8

    Having played the demo now on 3DS, 3DS XL and Wii U... I have to say that the XL is the way to go if you aren't concerned with online play. It is just so so smooth feeling. Wii U is pretty and all, but the framerate is a bit skippy. I don't regret grabbing a Wii U for it though, as I am looking forward to the online teams ups!

  8. #228
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,250
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    Quote Originally Posted by Graelinn View Post
    Having played the demo now on 3DS, 3DS XL and Wii U... I have to say that the XL is the way to go if you aren't concerned with online play. It is just so so smooth feeling. Wii U is pretty and all, but the framerate is a bit skippy. I don't regret grabbing a Wii U for it though, as I am looking forward to the online teams ups!
    That could just be the result of a sloppy/rushed demo though. Most of the actual footage I've seen of the Wii U version seems to have been running pretty smoothly, but that might just be selective cuts.

  9. #229
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,752
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    i'd say the Wii-U looks a lot cleaner and more detailed then the 3ds versions but maybe its the tv that's making it look its best?

  10. #230
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,176
    BG Level
    8

    Well damn! According to Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Facebook, and a PR email (below):

    We’re pleased to confirm that a software update will be released in April for the Wii U version of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate as a response to Capcom community feedback.

    The software update will add online cross-region functionality, allowing European and North American gamers to play together online in up to four-player battles*. Monster Hunters will also be able to play the game using just the Wii U GamePad without the need for a TV screen as the software update makes the title compatible with off-TV play.

    Capcom will be continuing to support Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for several months after release with additional free of charge downloadable quests for both Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. The first quest will be available at launch.

    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate releases across Europe on 22 March for both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS™, both at retail as well as on Nintendo eShop.

    * Online play for gamers in Europe and North America will be completely free to play, although broadband Internet charges still apply.
    Off TV play. Awesome.

  11. #231
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Graelinn View Post
    Well damn! According to Monster Hunter 3 Ultimately Facebook:



    Off TV play. Awesome.
    This is bad and good

    They will release, which means that when the game comes out it might not be available, which is stupid but meh thats life

  12. #232
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,176
    BG Level
    8

    Yeah, if I understand your meaning correctly, the software update will be in April I believe. One month isn't bad. Japan didn't have this. So to me it says that Capcom is at least listening. Next up, I hope to see screenshot support in its Wii U community. Silly not to have it.

    Edit: Day one digital for EU also confirmed in the PR email above. Hoping NA also.

  13. #233
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,250
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    Oh wow, they're actually doing off TV play. That is.. pretty excellent.

  14. #234
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,752
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    i'm just glad we can play/hunt with NA's and EU's

  15. #235
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,176
    BG Level
    8

    Oh hell yes, just destroyed Plessy (on 3DS even) with Hunting Horn. Only took about 13 minutes and it felt awesome. I know that the armor and skills maybe a bit tweaked for the demo, but even still I know that HHs got a bit of a boost since MHFU to put them more closely on par with Hammers. That overhead slam staggered Plessy almost every time.

    I am very seriously considering HH for a bit at launch. Maybe even Bow. Ugh, the 19th is so far!

  16. #236
    AoE
    AoE is offline
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7,117
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Played the 3DS version. My Great Sword concerns have been squashed. Controls are a little awkward to me though but I'll get used to it.

  17. #237
    House Azazael
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,641
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Ended up preordering this, will be my first MH title. Super happy about Off TV play.

  18. #238
    Degenxerate
    Guest

    I don't know if anyone posted this earlier in the thread but if you pre order the Wii U version at the online capcom store you get a free Nintendo Wii Classic Controller pro. You still have to pay for shipping though.

    http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcomu...300/wii-U.html

    I know Amazon has the deal if you pre order both the Wii U and 3DS versions at the same time you get 20 dollars off or something like that and Gamestop has a pre order bonus of a digital strategy guide which sounds lazy. Are there any other sweet pre order bonus deals out there? So far im liking the one on the capcom store the most.

    The Amazon deal seems pretty sweet but for me I'm not really interested in the 3ds version since I don't own one.

  19. #239
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,176
    BG Level
    8

    Those are the only deals/promos I have heard of. I opted for the Amazon deal and the 3DS copy is going to a friend so we each saved $10.

    Speaking of getting both versions, since I will have the 3DS version from Gamefly, here is a bit of helpful info on the save transfer. It is relatively painless, but there is something you should know to save you time and hassle.

    The systems will compare saves between the two and will error if they notice a discrepancy. Pretty easy to avoid though. Simply don't play on the system you are transferring from after transferring! So for example, you play on the Wii U, and transfer your save to the 3DS for the first time. No problem, the transfer is easy. Now, say you play on the 3DS for a bit and save, and transfer it back to the Wii U. Again no problem.

    Problem would arise if you load that Wii U save before transferring back from 3DS. When you eventually do try to transfer it back from 3DS, the saves are now different and you will get an error. You will have to manually delete the Wii U save before the transfer will take.

    Essentially, after transferring from one device to the other, do not play on the device you transferred from if you want a smooth transfer back. Not really a huge deal, but it isn't explained well and the error could confuse and worry people the first time you see it.

  20. #240
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    253
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    I picked up a Wii U last night and preordered this. I've really not played MH much, but have really enjoyed the Wii U and 3DS demos. Not sure if I'll pick up the 3DS version as well (though the Amazon deal is tempting).

    I'm a little worried about the learning curve, as I've heard MH can take a bit to get everything in order. Hopefully online folks will take some pity on me for the first few days.

Page 12 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Monster Hunter Tri
    By Kyo in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 725
    Last Post: 2011-03-30, 12:38
  2. Monster Hunter Unite: The Hunt Begins!
    By Jefe in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 594
    Last Post: 2010-02-11, 16:21
  3. Monster Hunter Frontier On Xbox 360
    By Ragnell in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 2010-01-26, 15:05
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2009-12-23, 13:01