Page 47 of 75 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 940 of 1494

Thread: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #921
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Perfect ill go play outside with the cat till 6h30

  2. #922
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,653
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Looks like servers are down, gonna play offline til they come up.

  3. #923
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    276
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Ondatra Wetticus
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

    Quote Originally Posted by samalis View Post
    Looks like servers are down, gonna play offline til they come up.
    Figures, lol. Just got home. Anyone know the ETA on the maintenance or w/e?

    Seems like it's maintenance on Nintendo's side of things. It'll most likely be up as soon as people pop back up on your friends lists and stuff, lol. Can't find an ETA online anywhere. Gonna bust stuff up offline until it's back.

  4. #924
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Can you PM me when thye are up? i'll join at that time

  5. #925
    We wear wine red on Wednesdays

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,241
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    So I'm running into some confusion about what 'counts' as blunt weapons. If you guys happened to notice, the Wild Axe's first tree of SA's say in their description that they're akin to a blunt weapon. In sword mode, you'll also notice that the yellow markings appear if you hit a monster in the face, signaling that you're able to knock it out.

    So, I figured I'd level up this tree and make a KO skill set (Black Diablos set happens to have KO and Stamina Drain, boosting the two abilities the Wild Axe/Duramboros switchaxes have). But, when I have it all equipped, KO is grayed out, inactive.

    Just wondering if KO only counts for hammer or if this is something like a latent effect or.. I dunno. I want it to work god damn it.

  6. #926
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,653
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Online is up.

  7. #927
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Game up world 3 lobby 10 bg bg

  8. #928
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    276
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Ondatra Wetticus
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Game up world 3 lobby 10 bg bg
    On my way. Just finished a quest.

  9. #929
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    You left me all alone

  10. #930
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    371
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    Picked it up for the 3DS. I figure if I like it a lot I'll get a WiiU.

    First time playing the series, hope I'm not in over my head.

    I must say, it does look pretty good on the XL.

  11. #931
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Posting on my phone Internet died on phone with isp

  12. #932
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    826
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiseran Gustaberg
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Akama

    Quote Originally Posted by Kadaj View Post
    So I'm running into some confusion about what 'counts' as blunt weapons. If you guys happened to notice, the Wild Axe's first tree of SA's say in their description that they're akin to a blunt weapon. In sword mode, you'll also notice that the yellow markings appear if you hit a monster in the face, signaling that you're able to knock it out.

    So, I figured I'd level up this tree and make a KO skill set (Black Diablos set happens to have KO and Stamina Drain, boosting the two abilities the Wild Axe/Duramboros switchaxes have). But, when I have it all equipped, KO is grayed out, inactive.

    Just wondering if KO only counts for hammer or if this is something like a latent effect or.. I dunno. I want it to work god damn it.
    In my years of experience KO was only achievable with Hammer, and more recently Hunting Horn. I think I've tried the Switch Axe maybe twice in Tri. Didn't dig it too much.

  13. #933
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,176
    BG Level
    8

    I love KO on Hunting Horn. Makes smashing face even MORE enjoyable. I am working on getting to Joe offline so that I can farm him for my Evade 2, Handicraft, and KO set. Can't wait. Well that and the Farcaster Mask for Charm hunting.

  14. #934
    CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,994
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiseran View Post
    In my years of experience KO was only achievable with Hammer, and more recently Hunting Horn. I think I've tried the Switch Axe maybe twice in Tri. Didn't dig it too much.
    3 added KO moves to GS, SNS, Bow and I think Lance (never use so not 100%). GS has the slap, SNS/Lance shield attacks and Bow's Arc Shot can KO. Never heard of specific weapons in a tree being a diff type. You said Sword mode only so I'm guessing it was the phial animation you were seeing.

  15. #935
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    276
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Ondatra Wetticus
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

    Quote Originally Posted by Doombear View Post
    Well that and the Farcaster Mask for Charm hunting.
    ...tell me more, lol. I didn't realize there was such a thing. I NEED it.

  16. #936
    preachy and pretentious
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,801
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    People keep whining about the kelbi bow being a "no-skill" and "scrub" item. I don't even give a fuck. I'm getting myself one.

  17. #937
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    276
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Ondatra Wetticus
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
    People keep whining about the kelbi bow being a "no-skill" and "scrub" item. I don't even give a fuck. I'm getting myself one.
    Shit yeah me too, lol. I probably won't use it as my main weapon but I'll sure as hell break it out sometimes. For now I'm really digging my longsword though.

  18. #938
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,080
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    3 added KO moves to GS, SNS, Bow and I think Lance (never use so not 100%). GS has the slap, SNS/Lance shield attacks and Bow's Arc Shot can KO. Never heard of specific weapons in a tree being a diff type. You said Sword mode only so I'm guessing it was the phial animation you were seeing.


    Yeah, lance has a shield bash after their guarded hop. And yeah, the switch axe misunderstanding is probably just from the stamina phial

  19. #939
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,653
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Finally got 1 sapphire, now just one more. These 3-4% drop rates are killing me. ;_;

  20. #940
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,176
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Wetticus View Post
    ...tell me more, lol. I didn't realize there was such a thing. I NEED it.
    You have to kill Joe or I.Lagi in the Moga Forest to get a Rare-7 commodity to trade to the Argosy Captain for the Idol Mask. Bit of a pain eh?

    Quote Originally Posted by samalis View Post
    Finally got 1 sapphire, now just one more. These 3-4% drop rates are killing me. ;_;
    I need 2 and a Dark Dragongem for the X Waist, so you are at least ahead of me! Going to hopefully have some time at lunch to eff around with I.Lagi.

Page 47 of 75 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Monster Hunter Tri
    By Kyo in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 725
    Last Post: 2011-03-30, 12:38
  2. Monster Hunter Unite: The Hunt Begins!
    By Jefe in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 594
    Last Post: 2010-02-11, 16:21
  3. Monster Hunter Frontier On Xbox 360
    By Ragnell in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 2010-01-26, 15:05
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2009-12-23, 13:01