Page 69 of 75 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast
Results 1361 to 1380 of 1494

Thread: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1361
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,950
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Best setup i've found for Alatreon is 2 hammers with partbreaker and 2 cutting weapons for tail, been killing in under 15 minutes with both horns broken and tail cut every fight, still no skypiercer =_= but also no sleep bombing required.

    No one attacks unless they have clean shots on their respective body parts, hammers can hit the head on the ground during most animations, and 2 hammers we knocked him out decently often, obv bring him down from flying near ballista, and get him stuck in the walls, horns break way faster than with bombs, and the bombs seemed to make him die too quick to break both.

  2. #1362
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    937
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Interesting. I am totally up for trying that strategy out.

  3. #1363
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    276
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Ondatra Wetticus
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

    It almost seems like they tuned Alatreon incorrectly. Without partbreaker I don't think it's even possible to break all his parts before he dies. Seems slightly ridiculous.

  4. #1364
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,752
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    parts breaker + K.O King = go home son i'm Duke nukem

  5. #1365
    AoE
    AoE is offline
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7,117
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Drai View Post
    Best setup i've found for Alatreon is 2 hammers with partbreaker and 2 cutting weapons for tail, been killing in under 15 minutes with both horns broken and tail cut every fight, still no skypiercer =_= but also no sleep bombing required.

    No one attacks unless they have clean shots on their respective body parts, hammers can hit the head on the ground during most animations, and 2 hammers we knocked him out decently often, obv bring him down from flying near ballista, and get him stuck in the walls, horns break way faster than with bombs, and the bombs seemed to make him die too quick to break both.
    Tryna make a set right now. DX

  6. #1366
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    937
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    lol I just made a Hammer set as well. KO Part Breaker and Razor Sharp. I want to keeel him.

  7. #1367
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,950
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    I just used my full helios x and grongigas with handicraft and bombadier and it worked fine

  8. #1368
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    937
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Jesus hitting him in the head is fucking hard as fuck with the god damn hammer. If you are not standing in EXACTLY the right spot you completely miss his fucking head by a god damn mile. It is SO infuriating.

  9. #1369
    preachy and pretentious
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,801
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Sharpness +1, Awakening, Guard +2, Guard Boost. I'll take it. Wonder if G+ and G boost works for SnS and GS. If so I've made something viable for 4 weapon types. DAT PARALYSIS GUNLANCE!

  10. #1370
    AoE
    AoE is offline
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7,117
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Made a Gold Rathian set with KO and Sharpness+1 and completed a Brachy hammer. I keep getting disconnected when I try to join Alatreon rooms, though.

  11. #1371
    preachy and pretentious
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,801
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I ought to go sweep G.Rath.

  12. #1372
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,176
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    Made a Gold Rathian set with KO and Sharpness+1 and completed a Brachy hammer. I keep getting disconnected when I try to join Alatreon rooms, though.
    When people kick you, does it just look like a normal disconnect? =P

  13. #1373
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,752
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    finally made a Kelbi bow set, it really is hax

  14. #1374
    AoE
    AoE is offline
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7,117
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Doombear View Post
    When people kick you, does it just look like a normal disconnect? =P
    I heard it says the host has disconnected or something. I get a different error.

  15. #1375
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    937
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Bah, I need to kill things today. And I need some damned Gold Crowns.

  16. #1376
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    937
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Man, where did everyone go?

  17. #1377
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    276
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Ondatra Wetticus
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

    Quote Originally Posted by Mots View Post
    Man, where did everyone go?
    Been MIA lately. Work schedule changed on me and it sucks, lol. Day late but...

    6/4/13:

    EVENTS:
    Deviljho in the Buff
    Goal: Hunt a Deviljho
    Location: Tundra (day)
    Time Limit: 50 min.
    Reward: 20200z
    Contract Fee: 1850z
    Terms: HR 6 or higher. No armor or talismans
    Special Reward: Fierce Soul
    Unlocks: Eisenfaust (great sword)


    Challenge Quests:
    Challenge Quest 5
    Goal: Slay 2 Arzuros
    Location: Land Arena
    Time Limit: 30 min.
    Reward: 1000z
    Contract Fee: 0z
    Terms: None. Max participants: 2
    Reward: Beast Coin

    I'll probably hop on tonight and play some.

  18. #1378
    preachy and pretentious
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,801
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Taking a few days off video games to catch up on my other forms of entertainment.

  19. #1379
    AoE
    AoE is offline
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7,117
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    I've been on. Been getting bored so I've been helping people on my friend list.

  20. #1380
    preachy and pretentious
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,801
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I might come on tonight, if I'm not watching something on my list or catching up on my comics.

Page 69 of 75 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Monster Hunter Tri
    By Kyo in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 725
    Last Post: 2011-03-30, 12:38
  2. Monster Hunter Unite: The Hunt Begins!
    By Jefe in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 594
    Last Post: 2010-02-11, 16:21
  3. Monster Hunter Frontier On Xbox 360
    By Ragnell in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 2010-01-26, 15:05
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2009-12-23, 13:01