Page 34 of 64 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 680 of 1271

Thread: Dragon Age 3: Inquistion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #661
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    566
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Is there any way to have more than 8 things in the ability bar? Starting to feel very limiting as I level up.
    That wouldn't promote synergy, tactics, and party planning.

    In other words, no. Consoles don't have that many buttons, so you can't have more abilities. They say that's not the reason, but they're lying sacks of piss.

    I kept this out of my rantview because did you see the size of that thing, but since someone else mentioned it...a number of the decisions they made are obviously consolization masquerading as game design. The ability limit sticks out as a huge one because it so nicely maps to a controller. I wonder if they had looked at FFXIV's console controls before doing theirs would've given us more ability slots. They might have needed to add auto attack for that, though. Having an entire button dedicated to being useless wouldn't fly with thoughtful design.

  2. #662
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    25,979
    BG Level
    10

    You'd still need a button to enable/disable Auto-Attack (unless you want to force people to use the Tactical Camera. I'll pass, thanks), so RT would be occupied regardless.

  3. #663
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,399
    BG Level
    10

    put auto-attack toggle on stick click, boom RT free

  4. #664
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,399
    BG Level
    10

    also for those holding out it's amazons gold box deal for 45 bucks today.
    http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=lp_85246...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

  5. #665
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,852
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Tidane View Post
    That wouldn't promote synergy, tactics, and party planning.

    In other words, no. Consoles don't have that many buttons, so you can't have more abilities. They say that's not the reason, but they're lying sacks of piss.
    Pretty dumb considering DA: Origins had an entire row you could put abilities on even if they all didn't have a hotkey associated with them.

  6. #666
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,772
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Once I saw that even with k/m you were limited to 8 abilities I just stuck with controller. It definitely wasn't an issue with Archer since I only used the 8 buttons but two extra would be nice as a Warrior/Champion.

  7. #667
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,710
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

    It sucked ass as a mage because by level eight I had already exceeded the slots available

    I feel that dagger rogues take too much cumulative(second hand?) damage. Specifically: The big two hander mother fuckers. Who the fuck swings their weapon around in a 220 angle slaming the ground everywhere except in front of them. I stopped using dagger rogues at like level 6 because it was just bullshit at how much damage they were taking when they were not even the target.

  8. #668
    King Bitcher of Bitchington
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,509
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Quote Originally Posted by Teknique View Post
    It sucked ass as a mage because by level eight I had already exceeded the slots available

    I feel that dagger rogues take too much cumulative(second hand?) damage. Specifically: The big two hander mother fuckers. Who the fuck swings their weapon around in a 220 angle slaming the ground everywhere except in front of them. I stopped using dagger rogues at like level 6 because it was just bullshit at how much damage they were taking when they were not even the target.
    as a tank, I could really use another 5-6 buttons.

    Overall, I'm happy with the game though. Biggest complaints are shitty AI which could be mostly fixed if we got a proper tactical mode. Give us the older type of tactics/macro commands like in 1 and 2. and personally I feel like the skill trees were neutered and no blood mage/spirit healer specialization is pretty dumb if I'm gunna be shallow with it. I only say that because I feel like those are iconic things with the series. derp

  9. #669
    Impossiblu
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,445
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    yeah idk why they fucked up the tactics so badly. being able to customize the AI with that immense gambit system was awesome, why take it all away? iirc it even existed to some capacity in DA:2.


    oh yeah. "console gamers".


    also kinda funny how the NPCs talk about healing magic and healer mages all the time, but you don't get a single mage in your party capable of using it due to the almight balance stick. your mage using their MP on heals instead of damage and CC is balance enough.

  10. #670
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,452
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Yeah don't understand the change with skills. Even on the consoles in the previous games while you still had only the set amount of map buttons to use for quick access you could still at least open up the radial menu and use spells/skills from there also. Seems for some reason that option was removed this time.

  11. #671
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    25,979
    BG Level
    10

    They dropped healing magic because its existence effectively forces you to bring a healer, which defeats the purpose of being able to bring whoever you want with you. I'm not necessarily sure I agree with the decision (being handcuffed to Supply Crates isn't a significant improvement in my opinion) but I can at least understand the thought behind the decision.

  12. #672
    Impossiblu
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,445
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    why force? I went through a majority of DA:O on hard with some balance mods (made it harder, not easier) before I gave morrigan anything in the creation tree and I didn't have an issue if i just crafted some poultices and played it smart. not sure why it would be any different here; at best it would stop you from having to craft loads of potions/visit the camp every 30 minutes.

  13. #673
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,399
    BG Level
    10

    for someone who has beaten it am I as close to the end as I think if I just did the quest with the
    Spoiler: show
    well of sorrows

    because it feels that way but I'm hoping there's a lot more

  14. #674
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Just imported my world last night and started. For some reason I'm having a really hard time picking up the loot indicators on the ground. I don't know if it's the color or font but I have to go through the same area twice because I just can't make it out. Maybe I should be wearing my glasses...

  15. #675
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,772
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Well there is the audio indicator if something is nearby, though the sound also triggers from stuff like ladders and sign posts.

    But yeah, the outline can be hard to see.

  16. #676
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    566
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    for someone who has beaten it am I as close to the end as I think if I just did the quest with the
    Spoiler: show
    well of sorrows

    because it feels that way but I'm hoping there's a lot more
    Yeah, you're close.

  17. #677
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,399
    BG Level
    10

    damn. I mean technically there's a lot more, I've not even set foot in 3 or so areas, and loads of sidequests still.

  18. #678
    hey
    hey is offline
    listen!
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,234
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    why force? I went through a majority of DA:O on hard with some balance mods (made it harder, not easier) before I gave morrigan anything in the creation tree and I didn't have an issue if i just crafted some poultices and played it smart. not sure why it would be any different here; at best it would stop you from having to craft loads of potions/visit the camp every 30 minutes.
    I always played nightmare and never once used a healer. it was totally unneeded.

  19. #679
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,710
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

    Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Just imported my world last night and started. For some reason I'm having a really hard time picking up the loot indicators on the ground. I don't know if it's the color or font but I have to go through the same area twice because I just can't make it out. Maybe I should be wearing my glasses...
    Wait till you visit the desert. Fuck that yellow icon on sand. Also brill you do know about pushing l3 for the search function right?

  20. #680
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    566
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    The point (I imagine) he was trying to make was that it was done to allow varied party setups, but for the casual player it does the opposite. Instead of giving every mage a healing spell, they got barrier. Yay for...that?

    Without making each character a blank slate or self sufficient, you're still going to end up with mages in the party. You'll end up with someone for each trinity role. One warrior, one rogue, and two mages with barrier is probably the easiest setup and I imagine one the most common. Having healing spells, abilities, and potions would make it easier for everyone to use whatever setup they wanted. I gave up on melee rogues because they were always taking random damage from melee attacks and then chugging potions.

    All of this ignores the bashable walls, pickable doors, and magic barriers, which still exist (barely, and some of them in a simplified form).

Page 34 of 64 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Dragon Age 2
    By Insanecyclone in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 1466
    Last Post: 2011-12-24, 12:30
  2. Dragon Age Origins
    By Vilyon in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 1077
    Last Post: 2011-01-19, 08:19
  3. Dragon Age: Origins
    By Lazion in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2009-07-28, 14:47
  4. Dragon Age: Origins
    By Kyo in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2008-12-17, 18:56