+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HDTV issue with STB     submit to reddit submit to twitter

HDTV issue with STB

So just got a new HDTV the other day and hooked it up to my verizon STB via HDMI cables. Everything worked fine for the first day but now everytime I turn on the TV and the STB sometimes the cable doesn't come on and I get a message saying "not supported". TV is a Vizio, and I dont think it's an issue with the TV as my PS3 connection works fine and the Netflix through the TV works fine as well. If I power cycle the STB it usually fixes the issue but I dont want to keep power cycling it everytime. Verizon tech support was no help as all they could come up with was to power cycle it, which I had been doing anyways. Checking here to see if anyone has some tips before I take the STB box in and get a replacement to see if that's the cause, I just don't want to spend the time standing in line if it's not the root issue.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I had this problem. Turns out one of the video cables wasn't plugged all the way in, even thought it looked like it was. Once I fixed that, problem went away. Was annoying though, only caught it by accident when my hand brushed the HDMI connection at the back of the TV. I never checked it because it looked plugged in.

The cable is snug in the back, I swapped the HDMI cables around since I thought maybe one was bad as the PS3 had no issues at all connecting, but that wasn't the issue either.