Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 202

Thread: Dynasty Warriors 8     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #101
    ♥ Neliel ♥
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,834
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Liking Zhurong new look. Wang Yi still looks almost the same to me. Loving Zuo Ci as well.


  2. #102
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,477
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9




  3. #103
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    DW Next for Vita is really good btw. That Cao Ren model is the same

  4. #104
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,477
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9


  5. #105
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,477
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9


  6. #106
    ♥ Neliel ♥
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,834
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Trophy List is out. 20 Silver Trophies, jeez, more silvers than bronze lol... and here I thought WO3 had too many.

    http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Shin_Sang...sou_7#Trophies

  7. #107
    Chram
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,868
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

    Game is awesomeeee so far. Character models look a lot better and storm rush is too good.

  8. #108
    ♥ Neliel ♥
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,834
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    I was watching a few streams of it yesterday morning, looks pretty good. Hopefully it release here as well. I think I'm gonna skip DW7E though. I hope the online is also a lot better in this one as well.

  9. #109
    CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,994
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

  10. #110
    Asada Shino
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,147
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    I was watching a few streams of it yesterday morning, looks pretty good. Hopefully it release here as well. I think I'm gonna skip DW7E though. I hope the online is also a lot better in this one as well.
    The online would be a lot better if the If stages didn't bug out in co-op and leave the person connecting to the host without any clear data for stage selection. Oh, and HP is still unsynced some officers randomly die out of nowhere. Other than those issue it seems pretty good. One day there'll be a Koei game with online with no issues

  11. #111
    ♥ Neliel ♥
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,834
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Holy shit... Dat Musou, on top of that, his moveset looks good too... I'll most likely be maining him for sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fayttt View Post
    The online would be a lot better if the If stages didn't bug out in co-op and leave the person connecting to the host without any clear data for stage selection. Oh, and HP is still unsynced some officers randomly die out of nowhere. Other than those issue it seems pretty good. One day there'll be a Koei game with online with no issues
    So DW8 is pretty much the same as WO3/DW7? For some reason, I don't remember WO3 online being all that bad compared to DW7, but I also didn't play WO3 online as much as I did 7. God, I'm so tempted to buy the PSN version on the JP store.

  12. #112
    Chram
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,868
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    Holy shit... Dat Musou, on top of that, his moveset looks good too... I'll most likely be maining him for sure.



    So DW8 is pretty much the same as WO3/DW7? For some reason, I don't remember WO3 online being all that bad compared to DW7, but I also didn't play WO3 online as much as I did 7. God, I'm so tempted to buy the PSN version on the JP store.
    WO3 online was terrible because you had to make a game after each stage, and you couldn't do online unless you cleared that stage already :/. In DW8 you can do story from start to finish online. But ya, what Fayttt said about online is one of my complaints. Others include Wang Yi's first musou only doing damage once(probably just a bug), global weapon cap instead of per weapon(no way to check how many weapons you're at total, so surprise "inventory full" during missions all day), and nothing to spend your money on until you unlock the school in Shosei, which is the last unlock. I've been capped on money forever and all the weapons I have to vendor every hour gets me nothing :[

  13. #113
    ♥ Neliel ♥
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,834
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Well, I meant as far as latency goes, I don't remember if it was the same as 7 or worse/better as I didn't really do it much. I completely forgot both people had to have completed the stage already, which was rather annoying on top of having to invite the person after each stage.

  14. #114
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,477
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9

    NA July 16th, EU July 12th
    Tecmo Koei is pleased to announce the upcoming release of Dynasty Warriors 8. The next instalment of the fan-favourite tactical action franchise will be available in stores on July 12 in Europe and on July 16 in North America on the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

    As with previous titles of the series, Dynasty Warriors 8 follows the stories of the kingdoms of Wei, Wu, Shu and Jin through the actions of historical military and political figures of the time as they fight to gain control over the Three Kingdoms of China.

    However this sequel takes the much loved IP one step further, merging numerous replay elements like multi-endings and extra modes with synergies between action and game systems, making a game that people won’t want to put down.

    Apart from the Story Mode, which comes with new episodes and characters and takes a deeper look at the drama that unfolds in the Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Dynasty Warriors 8 includes all new ‘What if?’ scenarios. Breaking away from historical fact, this mode takes a look at what could have happened if famous characters had lived to fight another day. This way the story branches out to different outcomes providing variety in the course and ending of the game and giving the players the power to view an alternate version of history depending on their choices.

    Dynasty Warriors 8 also boasts a vast number of new and returning playable characters, as the highly anticipated officers Yue Jin and Li Dian from the Wei Kingdom, who make their first appearance in the series, alongside more than 70 playable characters that fight to prevail in the battlefield.

    Giving stronger emphasis in the stage of these epic battles and inspired by the landscape of ancient China to deliver a wide range of visual treats, Dynasty Warriors 8 will feature more than 40 completely new stages: verdant plains, desolate wastelands, sharp ravines, huge castles, and other breath-taking sites.

  15. #115
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,477
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9

    DW8: We Don't Care Anymore
    Just when we thought Dynasty Warriors 8 couldn’t get any wackier, Tecmo Koei announced decorative items for Commander Mode.

    On June 6, players will be able to purchase an amusement park style theme for the base in Commander Mode. On top of the 7up costume, Dynasty Warriors 8 has doctor, chef, butler, prisoner, jester, and tokusatsu style clothes. The base DLC pack will cost 200 yen.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/28...musement-park/

  16. #116
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,021
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

    No one else picked this up?

    Game plays wicked fast compared to earlier installments. MUCH flashier too. I just started but I like it so far.

  17. #117
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,268
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I'd love to pick it up but I'll have to wait for the budget to allow it.

    ... The waiting is killing me honestly

  18. #118
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,021
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

    It should. It's easily one of the best in the series.

    Horses aren't clunky anymore, the action is fast and fluid, rage musou are AMAZING, and on the third mission on story mode i had over 2300 kills...the kill counts are awesome.

    I used to hate Cao Ren, but give that fat fuck a hooksword for his secondary weapon and he's a beast. even his main shield weapon is vastly improved. This game is epic.

    Best of all? 50+ enemies on the screen and zero slowdown. Took them years but they figured out how to build a game on the ps3 lol.

  19. #119
    ♥ Neliel ♥
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,834
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    I got mine today, gonna start it up tomorrow though. Been hearing nothing but good things about this one, and many saying its the best DW since DW3

  20. #120
    King Bitcher of Bitchington
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,509
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    I've been playing it. It's pretty neat so far. Story mode is like 7 only way better. Doesn't force you into a single character, you can choose between a couple. and FREE MODE IS BACK! yeeehawwww!

    It has stage select for story mode which has a couple branch-offs like in Orochi 3. Havn't tried out Ambition mode yet but it seems fun. I should really do the tutorial because I have no clue how to do some of the new counter things.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Dynasty Warriors 7
    By Tobi in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 146
    Last Post: 2012-11-27, 03:01
  2. Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3
    By Tobi in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 313
    Last Post: 2012-05-15, 10:22
  3. Kingdom Heroes (dynasty warrior mmo?)
    By SamanosukeShiva in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2010-05-28, 12:16
  4. Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2
    By Selamis in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 2009-09-02, 22:55