Page 41 of 92 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 820 of 1832
  1. #801
    Thanatos
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    243
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    So how do you get to
    Spoiler: show
    the palace place with Ornstein? I assumed it was later in the game but my friend said he found the place and he hadn't even gotten to Majula.
    Spoiler: show
    Defeat the large knight near the raised drawbridge, killing him will cause a switch to pop up, use that to lower the bridge.
    Edit: Didn't read that right, before Majula? Think that's impossible, the area leading to him is through it.

  2. #802
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,321
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    I had to start using a shield to get past the hammerbros. God damn.
    Really? I just back roll on their first swing, then I just keep moving backwards for swings two and three.


    Also, what is up with weapon durability? Does going to a bonfire repair them instantly or something? I never seem to have to repair any unless they were broken or close to breaking.

  3. #803
    Thanatos
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    243
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Yes, resting at a bonfire fully repairs any gear that isn't broken.

  4. #804
    AoE
    AoE is offline
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7,117
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    So how do you get to
    Spoiler: show
    the palace place with Ornstein? I assumed it was later in the game but my friend said he found the place and he hadn't even gotten to Majula.
    Spoiler: show
    Was the second boss I killed after the last giant because I didn't know where to go after that.

  5. #805
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,139
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Really? I just back roll on their first swing, then I just keep moving backwards for swings two and three.
    If it was only one at a time, it'd be no problem. But with two, they can easily offset their attacks so that one is attacking when the other is recovering. And with the wheeeehammerspin, the super strong hammer jump, and them hitting behind themselves with normal swipes, it takes so long to find openings. And even when I find that opening, hits only do double digit damage. And then all I have to do is mess up once when I'm not capped off to be sent back to the bonfire. etc etc.

  6. #806
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    763
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Pursuer making a bitch out of me ; ;

    Used an effigy and got some dudes to help, was easy lol. although ballista is grade A troll material

  7. #807
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,321
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    I think my favorite new thing is that throwing daggers don't suck ass.

  8. #808
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,843
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    anyone else unable to summon/ be summoned?

  9. #809
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    763
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    I think my favorite thing so far is being able to fast travel from the get go. Especially being in the Gutter zone... quickly losing patience here lol

  10. #810
    AoE
    AoE is offline
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7,117
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Gokku View Post
    anyone else unable to summon/ be summoned?
    I heard you need to leave game and come back if that happens.

  11. #811
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,951
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Also, what is up with weapon durability? Does going to a bonfire repair them instantly or something? I never seem to have to repair any unless they were broken or close to breaking.
    You only need blacksmith repairs if something breaks, everything else gets auto-repaired at bonfires.

    Cool related thing I just found out: all of the gear in the game that says "breaks on use" just breaks normally like weapons/armor and can be repaired later (instead of completely disappearing like in Dark Souls), including this game's equivalent of the ring of sacrifice. Makes them a lot more useful than they were before.

    Was kinda surprised when I blew mine to get my souls back from a shitty boss fight, only to find it still in my inventory.

    Edit: Did a bit more exploring...don't want to spoil too much, but they really love fucking with your expectations from DkS1
    Spoiler: show

    * There's a hollow-infested forest level, like Alvina's spot in Darkroot. Except in this version it's like 3 times bigger, there's thick, can-barely-see-2-feet-ahead white fog everywhere and all of the enemies are nearly invisible, can't be locked on to and keep trying backstab you. My sorc has ~1100HP and got one-shotted every time.
    * I found a fucking giant basilisk (the cursing sewer frog things from the Depths). It had like 3000+ HP. It wasn't a boss; just standing around in the middle of an area waiting to murder you.
    * There's a boss that spawns multiple bonewheel skeletons on death. (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

  12. #812
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,653
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Have a question did they change co op so you can help friends if you already beat the boss or is it still the same and you can't help if you already beat it?

  13. #813
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,321
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Found a Basilisk that dropped
    Spoiler: show
    a Bleed Stone (imbues weapon with lacerating), Raw Stone (changes weapon to raw) and a Darknight Stone (imbues weapon with dark).

    It was right next to a bonfire and I wanted to see what it'd drop, so I used my rusty coin and just ran back and forth, killing it until it no longer re-spawned.

  14. #814
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,843
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by samalis View Post
    Have a question did they change co op so you can help friends if you already beat the boss or is it still the same and you can't help if you already beat it?
    you've always been able to help regardless

  15. #815
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,822
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I forgot exactly where it is, but there's the npc sitting near the room full of giant crossbows (ballistas?) who gives off a bit of a Patches vibe and warns you of the trap. He mentions he still has the guys ring. Any on kill him to see if he drops it?

  16. #816
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,321
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Don't need to kill him. Escape the trap he talks about and then he gives it to you.

    Edit: Actually, I think I might be remembering wrong. I checked the guide to make sure and it only mentions getting a white soapstone from him after the trap. Killing him gets a ring though.

    Also, I found what is probably the most nerve wracking forest to ever exist in a game. Maybe.

  17. #817
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    763
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    So I wandered into Luna Bellfry or whatever it's called and joined the covenant 'cause trophy. Immediately after I was invaded by two people, back to back. First time I've ever been invaded and these being so close together was shocking lol. Managed to beat em both back, one just barely. Is this a popular pvp area or something or?

    Edit: nevermind, I guess that covenant is part of a pvp thing

  18. #818
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,823
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Finally got a chance to start this. Got attacked and killed by 3 goddamn pigs within the first 15 mins. This is Dark Souls after I suppose.

  19. #819
    AoE
    AoE is offline
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7,117
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Don't need to kill him. Escape the trap he talks about and then he gives it to you.

    Edit: Actually, I think I might be remembering wrong. I checked the guide to make sure and it only mentions getting a white soapstone from him after the trap. Killing him gets a ring though.

    Also, I found what is probably the most nerve wracking forest to ever exist in a game. Maybe.
    I know what you're talking about. I'm here as well. Debating whether Dark Souls 1 has made me feel as immersed as this game. I was completely lost for like an hour but eventually figured it out.

  20. #820
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,843
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    fuck the sinners area fuck the sinners boos fuuuuuck that is all....

Page 41 of 92 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Dark Souls: Prepare to Die (PS3/360/PC)
    By Riposte in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 7031
    Last Post: 2021-02-04, 13:12
  2. Devil's Third (WiiU)
    By BRP in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 2016-12-29, 13:55
  3. Megaman Universe (PS3/360)
    By Meian in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 2011-03-31, 22:24
  4. SF4 PS3/360 $20 New!
    By Shojin in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 2009-07-30, 05:44