+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

WvWvW Discussion Thread: Needs Moar Drama

for that earlier post about WvW concerns: (I'm expanding IoJ's post)

Fort Aspenwood: AVTR, uA, SHED, WvW/CREW, DPS, FIST, Daze, UM, FUNZ, EPX (all IoJ)

Jade Quarry: PRX (SoS/SFR), SF (SBI), RG (from EU), RAGE (SBI), Yaki (SBI/SoR- yes, they moved twice), VaL (CD) + 2 other guilds unknown atm

Kaineng
    : RUN (IoJ)

Northern Shiverpeaks: QQ (IoJ)

Sanctum of Rall: Hel (IoJ), RMA (from SoS), MORD, SYN, NYS, SAHP, DU (all SBI)

Sea of Sorrows: ND (IoJ), VoTF (SFR EU)

Blackgate: LaZy (CD), LW (CD), GoF (CD)

That's what we've seen in about 2-3days. Don't expect the impact on FA to be huge in the grand scheme though, not really a bandwagon destination, just IoJ going there. The biggest impact is SoR and JQ so far.

edit: added 2 guilds since this was made into its own thread, haven't really been keeping up, last I heard Crystal Desert was falling apart as well.

PRX are notorious for switching servers, they had a very minor impact on SFR's progress and since it hit 1st place in europe it was obvious they were gonna jump to another server.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

can't wait until free xfers are removed. ppl wont be moving around nearly as much.. especially not guilds

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

The expected mass transfers also started in the EU bracket. Arborstone (FR), the "little" brother of the nr. 1 Server Vizunah (FR) apparently is now a WvW desert. Two of the biggest guild went to Seafarer's Rest, most others incl. Mosmillenium (from the Matchup site) went to Vizunah and some picked other french server in lower brackets. It's sad, since they were a steady force in T2 and this week will become very boring. We're already leading with more than 2.5x the points to the runner up.

The unknown factor atm is Piken, which is rushing through every bracket since they got reinforcements. Looks like T3 won't be a problem for them.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

From how things look, Jade Quarry is going to get beat off their tier unless we get some new guilds. Blackgate and Sea of Sorrows made an alliance this week to fuck us up as much as humanly possible. I also heard 2 fairly large guilds are moving into Blackgate if they haven't already.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    -Guardian Stuff-
    Hmm, I never really considered using Staff that much, but I have to admit it is pretty nice and I'm kinda tempted of using it over hammer now just because whenever I do groups I'm usually in a PUG and everyone uses ranged weapons most of the time.

Yeah you can't run AH properly if people are going to be pussies and range everything. If you can get them in close, it's incredibly powerful and makes Warrior shout tanks look like shit. The DPS is high, the support is high, and you can tank like a mofo. If you have a Ranger or Ele to splash heal, even better.

Also, there is no alliance so don't bring that official forum bullshit to BG. SoS hates Blackgate, that's why we had every NA guild in their borderlands last weekend and lost most of EB and our home BL's - just to say welcome back to T1. This week is back to normal coverage and business as usual. You also had SF from SBI and PRX from SoS/SFR transfer to JQ and they are both NA guilds. I am going to take a break as we've been at it all night against JQ and BG on our home BL's and didn't give an inch.

Quote Originally Posted by Aevis View Post
    The expected mass transfers also started in the EU bracket. Arborstone (FR), the "little" brother of the nr. 1 Server Vizunah (FR) apparently is now a WvW desert. Two of the biggest guild went to Seafarer's Rest, most others incl. Mosmillenium (from the Matchup site) went to Vizunah and some picked other french server in lower brackets. It's sad, since they were a steady force in T2 and this week will become very boring. We're already leading with more than 2.5x the points to the runner up.

The unknown factor atm is Piken, which is rushing through every bracket since they got reinforcements. Looks like T3 won't be a problem for them.
    MOS moving to VS might give the french a new found influx of bodies, but as of this weeks current rankings SFR is top again and with any luck VS will stop cheating, but then again, probably not. Most of the known people spying on the SFR community site have been banned and access to the live chat feed has been heavily restricted.

T3 servers have never been a problem, SFR was there for a good two months when we didn't have the coverage needed and essentially served as the gateway server to see if you were ready for T2+.

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    T3 servers have never been a problem
    Depends. There is undoubtedly a big gap between T3 and T2 but Piken was like T6 or T7 before the rush. It already looks like Riverside got hold of themselves and the crazy spanish guys are famous for their late starts. Usually, they don't do much until Monday/Tuesday night. Last week they managed to close a 50k gap and win by 20k just from Tuesday to Friday.

We on Elona aren't happy about the current situation at all. The easy points will lead to most people doing twink/karmatrain all week long and we rush into T1, we're most of us don't really want to be. Outside of holidays, we aren't capable of providing enough night coverage for T1 at all.

That's the problem, there's no challenge in WvW its all just Zerg vs Zerg and if you train around all day it becomes incredibly boring to play. Then you get up to T1 and then you really get smacked hard by the night coverage and just means that there's always 1 or 2 servers that dominate. Post orb removal the real skill of some servers has come to light which prompted the huge influx of transfers to some servers. Vizu has struggled to maintain 1st consistently since orb removal and people have seen how OSC & a few of the larger guilds that have been on SFR since launch have pushed them up to T1 since then.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Also, there is no alliance so don't bring that official forum bullshit to BG. SoS hates Blackgate, that's why we had every NA guild in their borderlands last weekend and lost most of EB and our home BL's - just to say welcome back to T1. This week is back to normal coverage and business as usual. You also had SF from SBI and PRX from SoS/SFR transfer to JQ and they are both NA guilds. I am going to take a break as we've been at it all night against JQ and BG on our home BL's and didn't give an inch.
    Eh, fair enough. I don't care too much, just sucks JQ didn't have control of it's fort last night so I was SoL on my tokens from the JP. Hoping this WvW update fixes that though.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

So I don't have internet for 2 weeks, came back and Mag has a billion people transfer to our server and we're moving up a tier as a result... I don't want to be in T3. Somebody better stomp us soon so we can get down to the Maguuma tier and get back to business as usual.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I was hoping they wouldn't increase server cap again before free xfers were removed. Let servers fill up... be smart about it. But noooo... they had to increase server cap yet again. All that means is more people moving around to different servers and messing shit up even more.

They have to know how much they messed up WvWvW w/free xfers over the months... and its like they just keep encouraging it as much as they can. who cares if a server is full since people will be able to guest next week. What a full server mostly means is that people can no longer move there en mass for WvW purposes

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

edited OP with VoTF and RAGE, haven't really been keeping up though. I'm pretty sure JQ got 1 other EU and NA guild, just cannot remember who they are. Also from what I hear CD is falling apart and a lot of people are looking to transfer to T1.

The, what I consider, over recruitment on JQ can most likely be blamed on PRX. Between Clementine trying to run everything and the rest of PRX trying to create HoD2.0 everywhere they go, it's pretty obvious.

Spoiler: show
    PRX had yaki and syn both coming to SoS back when they were on the server. They were supposed to at the end of december, but PRX moved off the server by then. Yaki and SYN were on SBI at the time, yeah, SoS needed more oceanic/asian (lol)... especially from SBI's coverage. I wouldn't be surprised if SYN also goes with them to JQ.

BG Level

How do you people even keep up with all these mass transfers and which guilds are doing them. They seem to happen daily.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Cjskater View Post
    Also from what I hear CD is falling apart and a lot of people are looking to transfer to T1.
    Can you be a bit more specific about CD? We have always been a PvE centric server with decent coverage. We've gone up and down over the duration but we have never been completely down.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    How do you people even keep up with all these mass transfers and which guilds are doing them. They seem to happen daily.
    I'm curious to. Then again, I just want my tokens/daily events then I get the heck out of WvW.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Then again, I just want my tokens/daily events then I get the heck out of WvW.
    http://cdn.bluegartr.com/customavata...ar31221_48.gif

They should have fixed WvW a long time ago, now all the rats are jumping ship, VoTF have left SFR because apparently "EU T1 has become stagnant and there are no fights" which is bullshit, they left because PRX left.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by niwaar View Post
    Can you be a bit more specific about CD? We have always been a PvE centric server with decent coverage. We've gone up and down over the duration but we have never been completely down.
    Some of your Singapore guilds are looking to transfer, from what I've heard. I know 2 guilds of about 250ish players combined are looking to transfer specifically (one of them is NA), and have heard of others. Maybe falling apart was a bad way to put it, but if your overnight coverage transfers that typically leads to a slippery slope (IoJ/SBI).

Edit: I forget what server LaZy was on... they are on BG now. I know they was on DB at release but moved shortly after to somewhere else...

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Honestly, I think Anet made a number of very large mistakes with WvW and transfers.

1) They left free transfers up at once per day for FAR too long.
    2) They left free transfers in general for far too long.
    3) They announced the cessation of free transfers too long before it would occur. (3 days would have been appropriate, not 2 weeks)
    4) They announced the cessation of free transfers before they announced the changes to WvW, rankings, objectives, etc.

I truly believe that Anet is going to attempt to reincentivize WvW in such a way that the overnight coverage "requirement" will be greatly diminished. At least its my hope that the "winning" each week is a smaller issue than who is "winning" the moment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast