Page 23 of 70 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 1388
  1. #441
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    795
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Stanislaw Ziolkowski
    FFXIV Server
    Durandal

    The only thing I don't quite get is what North Korea wants from this whole mess, besides little Kim wanting to look tough. But this has been going on and off constantly for about 4 months, and the rhetoric going up a notch every time they say something.

    North Korea's in a position where it really can't back down now from their words without doing 'something', because if they did back down it will defeat the entire purpose of, well, whatever they're trying to do. And I see no visible way of US caving into North Korea's demands of the US self-destructing since they haven't really demanded anything else.

    I don't see a way where all will be back to normal again, and that is what worries me the most.

  2. #442
    So hard we fuck rocks
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,043
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthonystar View Post
    You're right it's not that simple. As others have stated there could be a large number of casualties around. Are we just going to sit around waiting forever? Sanctioning doesn't seem to be working so well.
    ....like I want be honest with you but you really are either dumb or your just picking your words poorly.
    THERE IS NO "could be a large number of casualties". IF WAR BREAKS OUT, WITHIN TWO WEEKS YOUR LOOKING AT 100K FUCKING PEOPLE DEAD. IT ISN'T A POSSIBILITY IT IS A ACCEPTED MILITARY REALITY.

    Osan will be wiped off the map, it is written in fucking doctrine, Osan's only purpose is to buy enough time for our jets to get airborne to start our counter attack. However, Osan is expected to be leveled.

    And you have to be dense as shit if you think sanctioning hasn't been working. THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE AREN'T DEAD BECAUSE A FUCKING WAR HASN'T HAPPENED.

  3. #443
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,128
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    ....like I want be honest with you but you really are either dumb or your just picking your words poorly.
    THERE IS NO "could be a large number of casualties". IF WAR BREAKS OUT, WITHIN TWO WEEKS YOUR LOOKING AT 100K FUCKING PEOPLE DEAD. IT ISN'T A POSSIBILITY IT IS A ACCEPTED MILITARY REALITY.

    Osan will be wiped off the map, it is written in fucking doctrine, Osan's only purpose is to buy enough time for our jets to get airborne to start our counter attack. However, Osan is expected to be leveled.

    And you have to be dense as shit if you think sanctioning hasn't been working. THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE AREN'T DEAD BECAUSE A FUCKING WAR HASN'T HAPPENED.
    I feel like this should be quoted, and posted again

  4. #444
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,736
    BG Level
    7

    with exploding dildos in the background

  5. #445
    Chram
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,683
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    It's easy for people to want a war when they aren't the ones who are going to die.

  6. #446
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,659
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by vrumpt View Post
    It's easy for people to want a war when they aren't the ones who are going to die.
    It'll keep Kim Kardashian off the frontlines of the news networks for a week at least.

    That's worth being a warmongering menace, isn't it?

  7. #447
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Of all the recent "threats" to the US and it's allies over the last 20 years North Korea is really the only one that would make me pause for a moment if there was an escalation. They do have nukes albeit the poor man's version. But they are still nukes. They have a public that is brainwashed by the glorious leader's cult of personality. The leadership group is extremely volatile and unpredictable. While the public is dirt poor and starving, the military is well funded and large in size. If they started launching missiles it would be terrible for South Korea and Japan as well as anyone else that would be within range. Granted I don't think the "war" would last long and it would result in overwhelming victory for the US and it's allies. But the North Korean military would still be able to inflict sizable casualties before they were reined in. Their unpredictability makes them exceptionally dangerous.

  8. #448
    2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,688
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Pre-emptive strikes won't happen. If NK is actually stupid enough to lash out and attack SK, Japan, Guam, or any other target in the area, they'll pay dearly for it and they know this. Attacking us or our regional allies is suicide. I can't say what Kim Jong Un is trying to do here, but it certainly won't be an actual attack, it's just more of the same from NK. As we'll see when they re-open Kaesong to SK workers in a day or three.

  9. #449
    Zombie Apocalypse Princess

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    117
    BG Level
    3

    I don't think people "want a war" as much as they want to see a shitty regime who does terrible things to their own people stopped.

  10. #450
    Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,668
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

    Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    ....like I want be honest with you but you really are either dumb or your just picking your words poorly.
    THERE IS NO "could be a large number of casualties". IF WAR BREAKS OUT, WITHIN TWO WEEKS YOUR LOOKING AT 100K FUCKING PEOPLE DEAD. IT ISN'T A POSSIBILITY IT IS A ACCEPTED MILITARY REALITY.

    Osan will be wiped off the map, it is written in fucking doctrine, Osan's only purpose is to buy enough time for our jets to get airborne to start our counter attack. However, Osan is expected to be leveled.

    And you have to be dense as shit if you think sanctioning hasn't been working. THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE AREN'T DEAD BECAUSE A FUCKING WAR HASN'T HAPPENED.
    Let me rephrase myself then to clear this up.

    When I said there COULD I mean I KNOW "IF" war breaks out there will be a LARGE ( meaning 100k+ ) people DEAD. I GET IT.

    I know the sanctioning has been working in the past. However, since Un has taken over ( if he is really pulling the strings ) the Sanctions have seemed to only cause tension in the region to rise worse then any situation in the past (besides the Korean War).

    Quote Originally Posted by vrumpt View Post
    It's easy for people to want a war when they aren't the ones who are going to die.
    I do NOT want war to break out, let me make that clear. I used a poor choice of words if that was taken from it. What I mean is IF the conflict were to happen no matter NK or US attacking first, I would HOPE for the US to attack first to hopefuly prevent more casualties from it. I know it is not always that simple.

  11. #451
    I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,043
    BG Level
    10

    That doesn't make sense to me. You say "if" war breaks out, you'd prefer the US to attack first. But if the US attacked first, then the war would in fact break out because the US was the first to attack. What you're describing is a self fulfilling prophecy.

  12. #452
    Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,668
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    That doesn't make sense to me. You say "if" war breaks out, you'd prefer the US to attack first. But if the US attacked first, then thr war would in fact break out because thr US was the first to attack. What you're describing is a self fulfilling prophecy.
    I'm saying it because I have no control of the situation, implying which I feel is the lesser of 2 evils if it were to happen. A first strike from the US would lessen the war hopefully.

    Does that make sense? Maybe I'm just terrible at explaining and should stop lol.

  13. #453
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    Can't we just send Abandon and the other four black seamen in to challenge them to a basketball game to settle this?

  14. #454

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,355
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    House niggas don't play ball.

  15. #455
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by AidenCarby View Post
    House niggas don't play ball.

  16. #456
    They're just like us
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,816
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthonystar View Post
    I'm saying it because I have no control of the situation, implying which I feel is the lesser of 2 evils if it were to happen. A first strike from the US would lessen the war hopefully.

    Does that make sense? Maybe I'm just terrible at explaining and should stop lol.
    TL;DR - US would push in NK's shit so hard and so fast that everyone else might stop to look at the damage and hesitate before jumping into a fight.

    Seriously, less than a shove, done.

    That right?

    Edit: Read first one, add -
    And their would be less casualties because the people wouldn't fight back.
    The US could probably precision target greater than 50% of the current political power base all at the same time, with drone strikes. If that many leaders go down at once before the fight even begins, it doesn't matter how indoctrinated you are you'll blink.
    Also, North Korea is undergoing an environmental disaster right now from that link posted a couple pages back. Just like they can't stand against you, you're population can't stand behind you if they're staving and unarmed.

    That also?

  17. #457
    Chram
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,667
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Old, but relevant:
    http://www.theatlanticwire.com/globa...h-korea/52910/
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8403217.stm
    http://www.vice.com/read/how-to-prep...orean-invasion

    It really doesn't seem possible that North Korea hasn't already made provisions to use that mountainous terrain to their advantage, you know. It's also likely a given that they've got even more tunnel and bunker networks that we don't know about.

    It comes across as rather arrogant to just assume we're gonna steamroll these guys if they're entrenched in ways that make the Taliban look laughable. NK has been preparing for this for decades.

  18. #458
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    still think SK had the right idea of only attacking Kim statutes and not actual people

  19. #459
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,659
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    We were supposed to push Afghanistan and Iraqs shit in too but I guess we all forget about the lengthy ground occupation and the resulting reactions of the people on the ground that constitute the "real war".
    You know, all the variables that come from toppling a personality cult, the refugees, the civilian backlash, the humanitarian aid, the international response etc etc that are the details that determine victory or defeat. But lets keep talking about firepower and how many targets you can destroy from afar as if that means fuck all. E-7 You sunk my battleship!

    But who gives a shit? Us 'Muricans will be watching Dancing with the Stars while our people get killed overseas because we're afraid of the Korean boogeyman who have nukes but no real way to deploy them and a country that will be wiped off the map if Kim decides to do anything other than troll SK with some minor skirmishes designed to boost his own self-image. Until I see Dear Leader march towards SK cities with the intention to actually start open war I'll take his words as empty as they have continued to be.

    Aren't we supposed to be primed for Iran anyway? Ain't nobody got time for Kim Jong Un. We have another date in the ME.

  20. #460
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    Not that I was seriously pro-military action, but what do you guys feel is even a plausible way to curb their current behavior? Or do you think just ignoring it is the correct course?

Page 23 of 70 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 2012-01-15, 07:10