Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 1087
  1. #541
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,721
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    After awhile I started ignoring most ?s. Witcher gear will almost always be better then any loot you get from them, and like brozy just said, I'd rather not get any uneeded xp to push myself even further past the level of the main quests.

    After knocking out all the Places of Power I pretty much completely ignore them unless I happen to just pass by while doing a quest.

  2. #542

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,993
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    About over leveling, still early in Velen:

    Spoiler: show
    You have to do both Baron and Keira right? I jumped back and forth and haven't finished either(shh). Main quests give a lot of exp so I hope that wasn't an error if it's supposed to be a decision.

  3. #543
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,721
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I don't think you have to finish every main quest in the area, but at least have started the final quest for the Baron's path.

  4. #544
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,134
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Am I missing something? I cant regain vitality ever except for shitty food....

  5. #545

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,993
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Nope. I'm on death march too, that's all we get. Lower difficulties regen with mediation but they're filthy casuals.

    Swallow makes it more manageable, but I slaughtered livestock like crazy everywhere I went until then lol

  6. #546
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,721
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Look at alt mode Quen for life regen, it's fucking retarded.

  7. #547
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    917
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Yay for graphical bugs!

    Spoiler: show

  8. #548
    Impossiblu
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,445
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Sun and Stars trait helps with regen too. Not a lot, but it helps. Honestly I find food/drink to cost way too much money in the game. 67 crowns for a single jug of water? Hopefully some economy mods come out once the redkit is released, like there were for TW2

  9. #549
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,134
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Getting really angry cause im underleveled and stuck in a dungeon....

  10. #550
    Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

    The Immortal Bill Duke

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,697
    BG Level
    9

    if human enemies, parry is your BEST friend. otherwise, stick and move. and if shitty monsters that like to lunge at you, or *shudder* wraiths, well... fire, fire, fire

  11. #551
    BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,755
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    if human enemies, parry is your BEST friend. otherwise, stick and move. and if shitty monsters that like to lunge at you, or *shudder* wraiths, well... fire, fire, fire
    FUCKING BEARS MAN

  12. #552
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,021
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

    Wraiths and the fistfights are the two worst things in the game combat-wise. Aggravating as fuck.

  13. #553
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,092
    BG Level
    8

    Really? I whoop major ass in fistfights. Just counter and beat punch like 3 times, rinse and repeat.

    Anyways, I just got to Skellige and holy fuck another huge map. I decided to progress the main story just to check it out but still have so much shit to do back in the previous area. No wonder this game can take 200 hours.

  14. #554
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,021
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

    Dunno, I had a ton of trouble in the hedge maze fight. Being triple teamed makes it really hard to avoid the punches. Maybe it was just because of the enclosed space.

    More than once in the game I've abused the tethering NPC have and sniped/bombed things to death. I killed the Ignnus fatuus hunt like 5 levels early by running to the entrance of the cave and tossing / remaking bombs lol.

  15. #555
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    917
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    I'm actually finding the maps kinda deceptive lol, looks kinda big on the map screen but running about from place to place doesn't feel like it takes as long as it should until Novigrad but thats just a P.I.T.A to run around yet saying all that it does still feel big thus the whole deceptiveness so kudos to them for managing that, another thing i've noticed is the big varitiy of NPC faces/models but that could be me not paying that much attention but it did occur to me earlier that i've not really seen many/if any twin NPCs.

  16. #556
    Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

    The Immortal Bill Duke

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,697
    BG Level
    9

    i really intended to do all the side stuff, but fuck me, its just a fuck ton. maybe on my next playthrough. about to meet up with ol girl, witch in black to go investigate some shit, should be fun

  17. #557
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,703
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

    I hate drowners a bit more than wraiths, constant lunging from all directions. I got used to just using space bar to dodge roll away from stuff. But using alt to side step is actually better in some situations. It allows you to counter attack much faster while the monster is missing, can get crits too.

    I also found out you can block from behind and parry from behind, just got to hit the button while they are attacking you. What annoys me the most is that when you block you get stunned by almost every mob except weak humans with 1 handers and wolves. Everyone else, stun you when you blow, very annoying, Especially against drowners.

  18. #558
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    917
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Generally found alt dodge to be better aswell, can usually get in a back hit or 2 which if im not mistaken is always a crit(Usually see most of my crits from back hits so thats what i'm basing it on)
    As for shitty mobs the worst one i've found so far is a Gargoyle it has lots of AoE shit that seems to do a good chunk of damage, a ton of health..and i did run into it short on bombs/potions so that didn't really help much but overall fuck Gargoyles.

  19. #559
    E. Body
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,392
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

    Was trying to do alot of side stuff but I seamed to of burned myself out, I havn't played for several days.

  20. #560
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    79
    BG Level
    2

    Loving this game regardless of never having played the first two. I have one lore based question that I'm hoping someone who knows more about the Witcher universe can answer: what is the purpose of the steel sword? Like, what does the steel sword do that the silver sword can't? Pretty sure if I decapitate a human with my silver sword they're gonna be just as dead as if I had used the steel one. So what gives?

Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings
    By Insanecyclone in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 2013-06-21, 13:12
  2. The witcher
    By Talragan in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2008-01-04, 13:36