Page 148 of 236 FirstFirst ... 98 138 146 147 148 149 150 158 198 ... LastLast
Results 2941 to 2960 of 4709
  1. #2941
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    12,822
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I forgot that it still hasn't come out in japan lol

  2. #2942
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,332
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Saw this deal and thought some of you might be interested:
    Dualshock 4, Knack, a $25 gift card, and a $15 coupon (if you spend over $100, which can be done with small items from here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstempl...e=listing&gf=y) for just over $100.

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....&type=category

    I took advantage of this one. Then used the gift cards towards 2K14 and a years PS Plus subscription.... and got another gift card for spending over $100 again lol.

  3. #2943
    2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,467
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    I forgot that it still hasn't come out in japan lol
    That's actually hilarious.

  4. #2944
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,219
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Given the current games available and for the following two months, I don't think they're missing on much.

  5. #2945
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,621
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Given the current games available and for the following two months, I don't think they're missing on much.
    given the fact that the UI is supposed to be complete by the time its released in Japan, they aren't missing much

  6. #2946
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,393
    BG Level
    10

    no clue if there will be much/any ps4 talk, some speculation about the vr headset being announced or shown or something, starts soon
    http://blog.sony.com/ces2014/

  7. #2947
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,144
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Don't Starve free tomorrow; can't fucking wait.

  8. #2948
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,176
    BG Level
    8

    I am equally excite! I know so very little about the game and I want to keep it that way. Can't wait.

  9. #2949
    blax n gunz
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,141
    BG Level
    9

    http://d35lb3dl296zwu.cloudfront.net...3/DSC_0770.jpg

    Already ahead of the Wii U LTD and it's supply constrained.

    http://abload.de/img/booma2srq.gif

  10. #2950
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11,977
    BG Level
    9

    Playstation Now announced:

    http://www.joystiq.com/2014/01/07/so...g-older-games/

    Sony President Andrew House has announced PlayStation Now, a new games streaming service that aims to bring older PlayStation games to PS4, PS3 and PS Vita.

    PlayStation Now, which will stream games from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PS3 eras first on PS3 and PS4, will kick off with a closed beta in the US at the end of January, with a full rollout planned for some time this summer. Users will be able to rent games individually or pay for a PlayStation Now subscription. Sony aims to eventually expand the service beyond Sony devices too.

    The foundation for PlayStation Now is Gaikai, the games streaming service Sony purchased for $380 million in 2012. Gaikai is responsible for a variety of PS4 features, including cloud gaming, Remote Play, Try Anything and Instant Broadcast, and other cloud services expected to launch later this year.

    Four different PlayStation Now games are on-hand at the Sony CES booth: The Last of Us, Beyond: Two Souls, God of War: Ascension and Puppeteer.

  11. #2951
    blax n gunz
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,141
    BG Level
    9

    Looks like that's separate from a PS+ subscription, kind of disappointed but expected it.

  12. #2952
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11,977
    BG Level
    9

    I just hope I won't have to pay again to be able to stream the games I already bought from PSN previously...

  13. #2953
    blax n gunz
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,141
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    I just hope I won't have to pay again to be able to stream the games I already bought from PSN previously...
    Pretty sure you're about to be very sad.

  14. #2954
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    I just hope I won't have to pay again to be able to stream the games I already bought from PSN previously...
    Now to buy PS3 games or be patient and hope

  15. #2955
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,144
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Only not disappointed in a separate fee because I expected it from the beginning. With that though, they better have a very good sized library available right from the start, and one that continues to grow and not this trickle shit Nintendo does with the VC (yes I"m aware VC isn't a payed service so it's not entirely comparable).

  16. #2956
    blax n gunz
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,141
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    Only not disappointed in a separate fee because I expected it from the beginning. With that though, they better have a very good sized library available right from the start, and one that continues to grow and not this trickle shit Nintendo does with the VC (yes I"m aware VC isn't a payed service so it's not entirely comparable).
    The main obstacle will be 3rd party support. I can't imagine AAA publishers would just let them stream their games in perpetuity. I foresee an awful situation like Netflix, where content cycles yearly and if you don't buy it before the year is up, you can't get it until it returns to the rotation.

  17. #2957
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,543
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Now to buy PS3 games or be patient and hope
    I'm sure actually having the game will be a better gameplay experience. There really isn't a way for them to get around input lag with streaming unless I'm misunderstanding how this will work.

  18. #2958
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,830
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Don't think this was mentioned, sorry if it was:

    We were expecting Sony to launch something like PlayStation Now, which is cloud-based streaming for games. But Sony seems to have larger ambitions, launching a TV service that will provide live television, video on demand, and even DVR in the cloud. It will offer universal search "across live and on-demand video content" — letting you just keep your content in Sony's cloud and use it across all of your Sony gadgets — in fact, the company says it will work on 70 million Sony devices. That presumably includes the PS4, PS3, Vita, smart TVs, and Android devices. It's not clear at all what Sony means by "live TV" yet — building an all-in-one service like this is fraught with complications with studios, cable companies, and has been a big target for lawsuits.

    Sony already offered video on demand service, so it's not a complete shock for it to grow it into more, but this sounds a bit more ambitious than what you'd think. The DVR in the cloud is particularly interesting, and it fills out the Sony Entertainment Network in a big way. Sony's online offering had long been a sore spot for customers, but here at CES it certainly looks like it's beginning to fill out nicely. If Sony can pull off this TV in the cloud service — which begins testing later this year — the company's ecosystem of devices and services may finally cohere into the "One Sony" vision that CEO Kaz Hirai has been pushing for.
    http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/7/528...ideo-on-demand

    Should be interesting to see how the tv service compares to Xbox's. I would imagine Sony will have it easier since they are heavily involved in the tv/movie industry as is.

  19. #2959
    wotg torrent kitty :3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,624
    BG Level
    6

    Engadget was able to test Playstation Now at CES and were impressed, although the host/clients were probably connected through LAN: http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/07/p...-now-hands-on/

    You'll excuse us if we didn't expect PlayStation Now to work so well. It's a game-streaming service, and the history of game-streaming services is littered with dead bodies. When Sony spent an unbelievable $380 million on Gaikai, it seemed impossible that the service could ever live up to that incredible sum. While PlayStation Now may not live up to that massive payout, it does, in fact, work. And it works really well.

    We got our hands on PlayStation Now today at a CES 2014 PlayStation event, where we tried God of War: Ascension on a Bravia TV (without a PS3) and The Last of Us on a Vita. Both games played like there was a local PlayStation 3 (including the incredibly long initial load for The Last of Us) and ran without a hitch. There was zero perceptible lag in our (admittedly brief) playtime, and we suspect that the internet Sony's using is of the very strong variety.

    The service is set to launch later this month in closed beta, and later this summer on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and Vita. As for mobile devices and Bravia support, that's expected by year's end. Given the relative earliness of PlayStation Now, the UI we saw was non-final (and looked like little more than placeholder art). The same goes for the list of supported titles via streaming -- the service will launch with a variety of "marquee PS3 games," though nothing's set in stone thus far. We expect the God of Wars and Gran Turismos of the world will be there on day one, but only time will tell.

    Beyond the subscription to access full games, there'll be rental and demo options available through PlayStation Now. But again, none of this is final, and only one facet of PlayStation Now was available for testing here at CES. What we did see was impressive and fulfilled the promises Sony's made when it comes to game streaming, but there's a long way to go before PlayStation Now launches this summer.
    There also a short test video on their site.

  20. #2960
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    43,832
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    PS3 question. Is the 2 PS3s per account limit permanent or can I activate my account on a third one if I deactivate it from one of the other 2?

Page 148 of 236 FirstFirst ... 98 138 146 147 148 149 150 158 198 ... LastLast