Page 45 of 92 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 900 of 1836
  1. #881
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,805
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    I hear two prongs is one of the best awakenings... yes?
    They are, yes. Most of the top teams today are either row or TPA-based. But these days, you need a good combination of awakenings, active skill, and stats to be really good. Two TPAs alone is hardly broken. The farmable Athena and Zeus each have two, and some REM cards even have 3 (Kagu and Liu Bei).

    IMO most of the DBZ cards are hampered by their sub-par active skills. Vegeta is basically a 9-turn single orb changer. Goku is pretty nice with a delay and a defense-ignoring nuke. But poor Gohan only gets a water enhance which does not go well with his LS at all. It's just like how people have been complaining about Horus' active. Enhancing one color when your LS requires 4+ colors to match isn't going to add much damage.

  2. #882
    Queen of the Pity Party
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    11,743
    BG Level
    9

    ahh I see. so that's one of the reasons regular Liu Bei > chibi Liu Bei... chibi's evolution only has two wood enhancement awakenings. of course, stats and ultimate evo don't help poor chibi's case. not that he's bad - he's amazing for beginners, in my experience. two attacker-type leaders and several fully-evolved ninjas is more than enough to plow through everything I've encountered so far. it won't work forever, but it's good enough for now.

    also I didn't know there was a farmable Athena! that's awesome. I thought she was REM only but according to PADX.com she isn't even a REM monster at all.

    I slowly begin to understand this game more and more... I wondered for a long time why Ronia was so good but her active combined with multiple row awakenings and decent stats, yeah. plus I can already tell she's going to be very easy to build around (once I can handle the cost... up to 60 now, but that's only Ronia x2 or Ronia and two subs unless I want to farm King Baddies [spoiler: I don't])

  3. #883
    Mrf
    Mrf is offline
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    468
    BG Level
    4

    After evolving my first Ronia maxing her awakenings, and adding some other evolved Ronia friends... I am so in love with her now. I've been randomly stalking people using the friend finder on padx to get as many awoken ronia friends as I can. The biggest thing I have been getting used to is stalling on first couple of floors so that ronia skills are up for the later floors.

    I can't wait until I can level up enough cost to be able to use my Vampire Lord on the team also. If you don't have one King Baddie levelled you're going to want one for the nice nice 3x ATK skill to use combined with the Ronia skill. The recovery with double Ronia is amazing ~5k heal with a 3 heal orb match.

    My current crew is:
    6* Ronia, 5* Ronia, KBaddie, Hellfire Pyro Demon (2 awakenings), Wood Samurai Ogre (or Hellfire Pyro Demon depending on mood), with a friend Ronia.

    With the 2.5x skillup event and so many demon drops from dungeons, his skill is already at lvl 24, down to 7 turn usage lol.

  4. #884
    Queen of the Pity Party
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    11,743
    BG Level
    9

    oh no I have one King Baddie, which is enough. also have multiple chibi Lu Bus if I need them, and working on a Succubus (DROP, DAMN YOU, DROP!) for healing as well as (hopefully) a Vampire. I have the black and red devils too, though not evolved yet - the red one is ready to evolve into his final form, I just need the EXP. the black one, not so much. time to run the fire pengdra technical dungeon for a bit maybe!

    doesn't matter right now; I couldn't field them all anyway... but man, I can't wait to use her.

    edit: Scarlet Snake Princess is trolling me so hard... wish I could handle this on expert but the three Echidnas together just plain slay me. simply not strong enough yet. if I don't get her after my stamina refills (I'm one dungeon away from leveling up) I might just use a magic stone stamina refill for the first time... I have no need of any further REMs for the moment, and Echidna is something I very much want for a few of my teams.

    then again I could just be patient and keep running Witches' Ball, which has the advantage of an (exceedingly rare) Vampire drop, plus Succubus. but Naga doesn't show up in Witches' Ball, which means you can only get her from the boss drop which is abysmally low... decisions, decisions. I'll probably use just one stone and hope for the best. I don't think it's a good idea to use stamina stone refills but this is sort of an exception.

    anyways. just thinking out loud lol.

    edit2: LOL last run through the dungeon not a single egg dropped. now I know the game is just plain trolling me.

  5. #885
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,727
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I want gotenks more than anything. 2prong urd team want. I also need a Nim......

  6. #886
    Queen of the Pity Party
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    11,743
    BG Level
    9

    if any of you haven't seen this on facebook yet:

    *Likes & ID Share Results!*
    The P&D team was blown away when we looked at how quickly the results poured in for this one!
    As of right now, we’re bordering on 10K Likes, and close to 7K comments… and 300 shares! That’s an incredible milestone for us, and it just goes to show how strong the P&D community has become!
    More than anything, we hope that you search that post for any leaders that you might need, and that they continue to get you through your game.
    As for rewards, we’ll be delivering them pronto! The details are as follows:
    - 1000 Pal Points delivered each day from 4/3 (Fri) to 4/5 (Sun)
    - Delivered daily via ingame mail
    - Given out from 4:00 AM to 3:59 AM (PDT) of the next day
    Gift Dungeon availability is as follows:
    - Pengdra Parade! available from 4/6 to 4/12
    - King’s Nobility available from 4/13 to 4/19
    - TAMADRAmazing! available from 4/20 to 4/26
    *You only can run these gift dungeons once.
    We hope you continue to be an active member of the Facebook community!

  7. #887
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,727
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    oh no I have one King Baddie, which is enough. also have multiple chibi Lu Bus if I need them, and working on a Succubus (DROP, DAMN YOU, DROP!) for healing as well as (hopefully) a Vampire. I have the black and red devils too, though not evolved yet - the red one is ready to evolve into his final form, I just need the EXP. the black one, not so much. time to run the fire pengdra technical dungeon for a bit maybe!

    doesn't matter right now; I couldn't field them all anyway... but man, I can't wait to use her.

    edit: Scarlet Snake Princess is trolling me so hard... wish I could handle this on expert but the three Echidnas together just plain slay me. simply not strong enough yet. if I don't get her after my stamina refills (I'm one dungeon away from leveling up) I might just use a magic stone stamina refill for the first time... I have no need of any further REMs for the moment, and Echidna is something I very much want for a few of my teams.

    then again I could just be patient and keep running Witches' Ball, which has the advantage of an (exceedingly rare) Vampire drop, plus Succubus. but Naga doesn't show up in Witches' Ball, which means you can only get her from the boss drop which is abysmally low... decisions, decisions. I'll probably use just one stone and hope for the best. I don't think it's a good idea to use stamina stone refills but this is sort of an exception.

    anyways. just thinking out loud lol.

    edit2: LOL last run through the dungeon not a single egg dropped. now I know the game is just plain trolling me.
    As much as you want to refill stam with stones, don't do it until you get in the 150stam+ range. It's really really really not worth it. Especially since we don't have stamina overflow (yet). I really hate that I only et 2 runs of super kings out of a stone, it's so bad.

  8. #888
    Queen of the Pity Party
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    11,743
    BG Level
    9

    yeah I did one, still didn't get drop, regretted it. lesson learned.

  9. #889
    Queen of the Pity Party
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    11,743
    BG Level
    9

    TWENTY FUCKING RUNS LATER AND SHE DROPS!!!

    sigh. finally. I know I'll be farming her more later for skillups - I've heard horror stories! - but since I can't do expert yet I was wondering whether I'd get her at all.

    SO. HAPPY. I'll keep grinding her special dungeon while it's up just because it's up, but I'm ready to move the fuck on.

  10. #890
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,805
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Grats. She is so incredibly useful that you won't regret the time at all. If you can, I'd farm another one so you have two, before working on max-skilling one.

  11. #891
    Queen of the Pity Party
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    11,743
    BG Level
    9

    thanks! yeah I'm going to keep running Scarlet Snake Princess while I can, and Witches' Ball is my default grind during the week when I'm bored and have no specific goals. I've heard of people going 0/200 on Witches' Ball though, so I don't expect much for that - it's just to use up stamina and get ranks over time.

  12. #892
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,805
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    It was a tough decision between Yamato and Liu Bei uevo buuuut, Liu Bei geeeeeeeeeet. Grats, Yuri!

  13. #893
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,805
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    thanks! yeah I'm going to keep running Scarlet Snake Princess while I can, and Witches' Ball is my default grind during the week when I'm bored and have no specific goals. I've heard of people going 0/200 on Witches' Ball though, so I don't expect much for that - it's just to use up stamina and get ranks over time.
    I wouldn't even bother doing that. I'd run technicals, even on not-Mondays to get Pengdras. Since you're limited by costs at this stage, you want to make sure your guys are all capped before evolving.

  14. #894
    Queen of the Pity Party
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    11,743
    BG Level
    9

    I suppose. I really want a Succubus but I hear there are much better ways to get her.

    also, just got my second Echidna, right after the first one l-o-fucking-l. this game trolls, but it knows just how to keep me from quitting. that run refilled my stamina too, but I think I'll spend that on Hunt Sapphire Dragons! because, hey, two Echidnas is enough for now. well, two Nagas, but you knew what I meant.

    Pyro Devil's going to be pretty decent once I evolve him (and I have the evo materials!); one nice side effect of running Echidna's dungeon is that his skill is level 15 now.

    I also have enough evo materials to evolve Naga twice so I'm excited about that. one more reason to run technicals.

    edit: two runs through Hunt Sapphire Dragons! and not a single high metal drop; no king appearances at all (even with 2x king appearance). I think this is GungHo's way of saying "you've used up your luck for now."

  15. #895
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,727
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    The best place to farm succubus is a little while later in sky dragons domain - no rcv: twilight in the sky. Those dungeons are kinda easy and they give a moderate amount of exp and the healer girls have a much higher chance of dropping there. You are a little ways away from it, but you could focus on getting to there and ranking up instead of witches balling

  16. #896
    Mrf
    Mrf is offline
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    468
    BG Level
    4

    Unlocked Legendary Dragon's Footprints recently and decided to try it today. I've got the first 3 completed, and got the fire and grass starters and the mechdragon dropped for each one.

    Supposedly the healer girl drop rates are decent there, so I am hoping I can clear through the Abyss and get Succubus there without wasting stamina to a stupid death. Sadly I only got 1 skillup out of about 10 Naga from the Echidna dungeon last couple days.

  17. #897
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,727
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Yeah, it's always 1.5x drop for those dungeons on the weekend, so it's a great exp/fodder farm and healer girl farm spot.

  18. #898
    Mrf
    Mrf is offline
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    468
    BG Level
    4

    Was definitely worth the wait, got my Succubus on the second run of abyss. Got her evolved to Witch of the Night, Lilith and now I'm working on Hera dungeon with a friend maxed GrOdin. This is a slow slow process taking down that 2.6m hp with my current crew, but as long as I make a combo with 2500 autoheal, Hera can't kill me.

  19. #899
    Queen of the Pity Party
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    11,743
    BG Level
    9

    made me an Empress of Serpents, Echidna this weekend. fully awoken. #feelsgoodman

    now if only I had those ultimate evo materials...

  20. #900
    Mrf
    Mrf is offline
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    468
    BG Level
    4

    Very nice, now you just need to start farming those ranks so you can use more of your guys.

Page 45 of 92 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2013-06-27, 00:45