Page 117 of 214 FirstFirst ... 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 167 ... LastLast
Results 2321 to 2340 of 4265
  1. #2321
    Ze NinjaSYXX
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,899
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Lol

  2. #2322
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,710
    BG Level
    8

    If they REALLY want to make this system like steam in console form, why not right off the bat say that and just say "yep, no more physical disc,everything is now bought through live! We will do our best to give great discounts, weekend sales, flash sales and all those kind goodies!"

    If this really is what they want to do, they have done a terrible job of getting that point across.

    It really feels like though, at this point they are just trying to spin this in a positive way but they have destroyed themselves to much.

  3. #2323
    Day
    Day is offline
    IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    21,547
    BG Level
    10

    Yeah retailers and game publishers would have loved to hear that.

  4. #2324
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,603
    BG Level
    8

    Yeah, they totally prepped the Xbone to be some next-gen cloud gaming platform. This story fails on so many levels.

  5. #2325
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,710
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    Yeah retailers and game publishers would have loved to hear that.
    Well if retailers and game publishers don't want to go to purely digital, i guess you shouldn't try to push your console that way then?

    This is shaping up to be the Dreamcast really. Some pretty good ideas, just ahead of its time and the industry isn't ready for it yet.

  6. #2326
    Day
    Day is offline
    IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    21,547
    BG Level
    10

    You young whippersnappers don't remember when everyone was saying the same thing about Steam... shits like the standard in PC gaming now.

  7. #2327
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,710
    BG Level
    8

    Saying you will do it, and actually doing it are totally different things.

    First of all, Triple AAA PC releases are already 49.99 when they come out. Why not take that small step first and offer games for 10 dollars less on live?

    Well, they all don't, but ive seen a good amount of them.

    Honestly though, unless you can get the games at a discount, there isn't much of a reason to own a game digitally over physically.

    Thats why people love steam. they have shown they give great discounts, and a lot of perks for pre-ordering.

    What has Microsoft done to show they will do that? Offer old games at a cheap price? Prices you can find a physical copy for?

  8. #2328
    Day
    Day is offline
    IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    21,547
    BG Level
    10

    M$

    C.R.E.A.M.

  9. #2329
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Steam sales preempted the Steam love. MS hasn't done anything yet, when/if they do... people's tune may change.

  10. #2330
    Day
    Day is offline
    IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    21,547
    BG Level
    10

    M$ does have game sales on XBOX live right or am I going crazy? I mean they may not be "Steam good" kind of deals, but those are mostly all games been put through the physical copy routine as well.

  11. #2331
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    M$ does have game sales on XBOX live right or am I going crazy? I mean they may not be "Steam good" kind of deals, but those are mostly all games been put through the physical copy routine as well.
    When you start talking about games that are new and still in stores for $60 right now and I can pick it up on XBL for less than $30, let me know.
    And yes, I've had that kinda deal on Steam.

    I literally did not care about Steam even one little bit until I saw it was possible to save that much at times. That's the kinda thing that makes people care. Is that what MS is doing? I'm willing to bet it ain't.
    Hell, there's even been occasions on Steam where I saw games going for literally 1 cent.

    One fucking cent, MS will likely never do that for the cheapest XBLA game ever.


    Not Steam good isn't good enough.

  12. #2332
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,390
    BG Level
    10

    I picked up the Games on Demand version of Borderlands 2 for 30 bucks during a one day XBL sale at christmas, but that's about the closest to steam sale I've seen

  13. #2333
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Yeah, I'm pretty sure the only reason steam is wildly popular is because of the madness that comes with their sales. And I don't mean shitty, insignificant sales I mean head-turning, double-taking, "Did I see that shit right?" sales.

  14. #2334
    Day
    Day is offline
    IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    21,547
    BG Level
    10

    I hear ya, but whos to say that's not what they are striving for? Who knows really. I mean it's supply and demand like anything else, so if they want to keep up something will have to give eventually. IF, and that's a big if, what that engineer who works for them is saying is true, then we shall see. I have a feeling there's a lot of people hating on something they will own next year in this thread, but time will tell.

  15. #2335
    Day
    Day is offline
    IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    21,547
    BG Level
    10

    Not to mention when's the last time you went into the store and bought a physical PC game? Do they even do that anymore? I don't even know to tell you the truth. They don't pump the kind of money into physical copies like consoles do, that has to be a fact right?

  16. #2336
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,205
    BG Level
    6

    Steam isn't just about sales, big screen mode is is 4000x better than xbox or PSN's UI(you navigate it purely with a controller), it's kB/mouse UI is better, it's online multiplayer is better, friend list is better, it has forums, it has a built-in mod download database for every game thta supports mods, etc, everything about it is better than consoles. Best part? It doesn't cost $60/year.

  17. #2337
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    5,360
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    It's not just game prices that make steam more attractive, it's the assurance that I'll forever be able to play my games on any computer that can handle them, have dedicated servers for multiplayer, and not pay any type of superfluous subscription fee. If I buy digital games for xbox one, I'll always need a working xbox one to play them, and pay MS $60 a year if I want to play them online, on peer hosted servers no less.

    Plus, I wouldn't have much faith in the online multiplayer working into the console generation after xbox one. Remember when MS shut down halo 2 online for essentially no reason, other than to herd whatever people that were still playing it to the 360/halo 3? And no it didn't cost them shit to keep it running, the gameplay was p2p, the only thing MS hosted was leaderboards and matchmaking (just the service that connected players to each other, not the actual games).

  18. #2338
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,205
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    It's not just game prices that make steam more attractive, it's the assurance that I'll forever be able to play my games on any computer that can handle them, have dedicated servers for multiplayer, and not pay any type of superfluous subscription fee. If I buy digital games for xbox one, I'll always need a working xbox one to play them, and pay MS $60 a year if I want to play them online, on peer hosted servers no less.

    Plus, I wouldn't have much faith in the online multiplayer working into the console generation after xbox one. Remember when MS shut down halo 2 online for essentially no reason, other than to herd whatever people that were still playing it to the 360/halo 3? And no it didn't cost them shit to keep it running, the gameplay was p2p, the only thing MS hosted was leaderboards and matchmaking (just the service that connected players to each other, not the actual games).
    Yet I can still play Diablo1, Diablo2, starcraft one, and warcraft 3 online. 13+ year old games.

  19. #2339
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,101
    BG Level
    10

    All ms is doing is reminding people why PC is the master race. If they really want to make steam money then they need to stop talking and start doing.

  20. #2340
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,945
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Gamestop may be "powerful" but they have been hurting big time. They've become very desperate, taking in more than games in many locations now (apple products), cutting hours, benefits, etc. If MS wants to make the xbox a digital download model then they should just do it, especially if it allows them to control the prices on their games. PC gamers will wait for sales (i just bought antichamber for 50% off today for example) and console gamers can be coddled to do the same of they want. They gotta realize that a discounted sale is still a sale and when you have no shipping and packaging costs associated with your game, you can be more flexible with pricing. If you tell people they can have a game for $10 less on xbox than ps4, that is a huge draw.

Page 117 of 214 FirstFirst ... 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 167 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. War is coming! (Warhammer Online) September 18th
    By Eanae in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 1033
    Last Post: 2010-02-16, 12:13