Page 87 of 214 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 137 ... LastLast
Results 1721 to 1740 of 4265
  1. #1721
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,205
    BG Level
    6

    All such tales of GameStop and their used game sales destroying the industry are false
    I have no problems with used games or gamestop but that video makes a good point.
    I'll say this again, I have no problem with gamestop or used games, and I don't think it's killing publishers or video games. Greed is, publishers who make good games still make shitloads of profit even with used games existing. They simply want more money and make excuses and blame everyone they can.

    Want people to buy your games new and not used for $5? Make good games, not shit. That's how you make money.

  2. #1722
    Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,447
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Don't know why you're defending GS so much, I can't stand walking into one without being bothered with pre-orders and shit I don't give two shits about. This is why I deal through Amazon, which most publishers like Atlus have their own setup on there directly.

  3. #1723
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,710
    BG Level
    8

    I have a ton of gamestops around me and a few are bad but there are some really good ones. It's really a store to store basis as to how good or bad your experience will be.

    Honestly, I came to realize most stores I go to will try to push crap on me I don't care about because thats their job.

    Everyone just likes to pile on Gamestop like they are to blame for this but Best Buy and Amazon buy and sell a lot of used games as well.

  4. #1724
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,951
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    There's a lot more going on besides "publishers are greedy".



    Can't wait till everything goes full digital and buying a console game is the same process as getting something off Steam, so we can get past all this nonsense

  5. #1725
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,219
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura



    I love this guy.

  6. #1726
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post


    I love this guy.
    Seriously. For a CEO he is remarkably visible when it comes to social media. And he's not afraid to take potshots at the competition.

  7. #1727
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,219
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Spoiler: show
    It's a parody account, but it's even better that way. There's one for Reggie also, but whoever manages it hasn't been on the ball the past couple months.

  8. #1728
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    The FakeKaz twitter has been ON FIRE lately.

  9. #1729
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,250
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    Are we really doing the GameStop thing again? This shit is like a broken record here.

  10. #1730
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Spoiler: show
    It's a parody account, but it's even better that way. There's one for Reggie also, but whoever manages it hasn't been on the ball the past couple months.
    Well fuck me lol. My buddy pointed it out to me months ago and told me it was real lmfao. Looking back I can't believe I didn't pick up on that. Christ I'm herp a derping all over the place lately.

  11. #1731
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Blue name, its expected.

  12. #1732
    okay guy I guess
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    24,395
    BG Level
    10

    Industry needs to get over the notion that every game has to be a AAA 100mil+ game, with advertising budgets as big as their dev budget. Additionally not every game is worth 60 bucks. Price games competitively, and relative to the amount of content/dev costs, and adopt approaches like Steam sales as has been previously mentioned, and you undercut the ability of places to make such a big turnaround on used games, without completely taking away the option from those who would use it.

  13. #1733
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,603
    BG Level
    8

    His twitter pic gave it away for me, no way a multi-national CEO would have swag like Psy lol But, just like the fan-made PS4 ads, they are done well enough to fool anybody at first glance(esp. casuals).

  14. #1734
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas


  15. #1735
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,328
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Watch the video. Gamestop is the core behind it all, they didn't force anything, but by existing they pissed every publisher off.
    And libraries are the root cause of all DRM!

    Blame the victim more. Gamestop shouldn't have worn that dress if they didn't want to get raped?

  16. #1736
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Another thing... game tournaments.
    TOs are gonna have to try to plug each box up to the internet if it is a weekend tournament or something.
    What a logistical nightmare.


    This just gave every single top fighting game player reason to buy a PS4 as long as they don't pull this crap so they can practice on the console that's being used at the venue since the versions often have small differences that CAN sometimes be important to winning/losing a match.

  17. #1737
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,205
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    This video was so, so, SO boring, omg.

  18. #1738
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Blue name, its expected.

  19. #1739
    So hard we fuck rocks
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,043
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    MS said fuck you to the military. I know for a fact that BX's in afghan/Iraq could barely keep the Xbox in stock, I mean they'd get a pallet of 100 units and it would be gone in 2 hrs. This was even the case in 2011. But we sure as fuck didn't have any online shit over there. Me dropping 300$ for an Xbox and another 200 over 6 months was well worth it especially when I could sell it when I came home or use it to play DVDs in the guest bedroom. Hell I bought and sold 2 xboxs to guys coming in to replace me.
    What a bunch of moronic idiots Microsoft has become.

    AND FUCK WIN8.

  20. #1740
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,144
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    My favorite part about this not always online, but clearly always online console, is on top of the money you put down on the box, the money you put down for internet to use the damn box, you essentially have to plop down ANOTHER $60 a year just to get the features the box has. If Gold is still a pay service when this thing launches...? Jesus Christ.

Page 87 of 214 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 137 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. War is coming! (Warhammer Online) September 18th
    By Eanae in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 1033
    Last Post: 2010-02-16, 12:13