Page 92 of 214 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 ... LastLast
Results 1821 to 1840 of 4265
  1. #1821
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,176
    BG Level
    8

    Juniors pumping the Xbox One's nads over there was laughable at first, now it is just annoying. They are so obvious it is just offensive.

  2. #1822
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,906
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    I typically wait a year or two after a system launches to pick it up so they can get the kinks worked out and there is a decent library available. I'm a Master Race/Sony fanboy, so I am just enjoying the atmosphere at this point.
    This.

    There's almost never a "top 10 system game" within the first year of launch anyway, and even if there is ill just pick it up used for $15 when i eventually buy it.


    Wait


    Used


    Shit

  3. #1823
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    This.

    There's almost never a "top 10 system game" within the first year of launch anyway, and even if there is ill just pick it up used for $15 when i eventually buy it.


    Wait


    Used


    Shit
    You mean Heavenly Sword and LAIR weren't top ten PS3 games?!

    Which is an interesting discussion to have now that this gen is starting to wind down. 10 best for each console, hmm

  4. #1824
    BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,755
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Top 10 360 for me would be (not including cross plats)
    1. Halo 3
    2. Forza 2
    3. Halo 4
    4. Gears 3
    5. Chromehounds
    6. Crackdown
    7. Dead or Alive 4
    8. Viva Pinata
    9. Mass Effect
    10. Blue Dragon

    Honorable Mention to Shadow Complex and Halo Reach

  5. #1825
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    You mean Heavenly Sword and LAIR weren't top ten PS3 games?!

    Which is an interesting discussion to have now that this gen is starting to wind down. 10 best for each console, hmm
    Heavenly Sword had such great potential, but they made it oh so shitty.
    I'd rather not even mention LAIR, I forgot that game existed.

  6. #1826
    They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,933
    BG Level
    8

    Didn't Unchartered come out after a year of the ps3 release?

    As for top 10 ps3 exclusives I would say.

    1: Metal Gear Solid 4
    2: Unchartered 2
    3:Unchartered 3
    4: Unchartered 1
    5: Heavy Rain
    6: Demon Souls
    7: Valkyria Chronicles
    8: Infamous
    9: Resistance 2
    10: God of War 3

    Have a feeling The Last of Us is going to be number 2 or 3 within a week though.

  7. #1827
    Ze NinjaSYXX
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,899
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    Top 10 360 for me would be (not including cross plats)
    1. Halo 3
    2. Forza 2
    3. Halo 4
    4. Gears 3
    5. Chromehounds
    6. Crackdown
    7. Dead or Alive 4
    8. Viva Pinata
    9. Mass Effect
    10. Blue Dragon

    Honorable Mention to Shadow Complex and Halo Reach
    You put blue dragon over lost odyssey? For shame!

    *edit* more like wtf doa4

  8. #1828
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    Didn't Unchartered come out after a year of the ps3 release?

    As for top 10 ps3 exclusives I would say.

    1: Metal Gear Solid 4
    2: Unchartered 2
    3:Unchartered 3
    4: Unchartered 1
    5: Heavy Rain
    6: Demon Souls
    7: Valkyria Chronicles
    8: Infamous
    9: Resistance 2
    10: God of War 3

    Have a feeling The Last of Us is going to be number 2 or 3 within a week though.
    Only because it really bothers me for some reason lol, Uncharted*.
    Pretty much agree with your list, I would swap in Ni No Kuni for Valkyria... and Infamous 2 was much better than 1.

  9. #1829
    They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,933
    BG Level
    8

    Yeah I notice I butchered the spelling but was to lazy to go back haha. I've made it about half way through Ni No Kuni and Infamous 2 before another game came out that I wanted to try and never went back. I really need to finish those because I enjoyed them.

  10. #1830
    They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,933
    BG Level
    8

    And fuck yeah Lost Odyssey was amazing. "Hanna's Departure really made the game for me.



    Only real rpg this generation that truly gave me the feel of classic RPG storytelling.

  11. #1831
    29 in magical dog years
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,039
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    fuck getting seeds on disc 4 is all I have to say about LO.

  12. #1832
    Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,263
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries
    4

    My disc 4 on LO always froze near the beginning I was so frustrated at that game at first, but after getting the hang of it and the story telling really started I couldn't put it down. It was a ton of fun. Really wish I was able to finish it.

    Regarding Valkyria Chronicles and Ni No Kuni, I've read and understand these games are highly regarded. For myself personally I have a very very hard time with jrpg. I don't care for anime so the look of such games does not appeal to me. But, I'm curious to know just how much am I missing out on by not giving these titles a chance?

  13. #1833
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,575
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

    epic

  14. #1834
    Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,263
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries
    4

    That guy is spot on even if (I believe) it's a bit of a put on. I'm a bit surprised to see he has an "angry Bioshock Infinite" video.

  15. #1835
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    My disc 4 on LO always froze near the beginning I was so frustrated at that game at first, but after getting the hang of it and the story telling really started I couldn't put it down. It was a ton of fun. Really wish I was able to finish it.

    Regarding Valkyria Chronicles and Ni No Kuni, I've read and understand these games are highly regarded. For myself personally I have a very very hard time with jrpg. I don't care for anime so the look of such games does not appeal to me. But, I'm curious to know just how much am I missing out on by not giving these titles a chance?
    Valkyria I think is overall better than Ni No Kuni, but they are completely different genres so comparison is always gonna be more subjective. Either way, if you can ignore the anime look (which both games have so you're gonna have to), Valkyria has better game play and story. If you like turn based strategy games, Valkyria will be the one for you, since it makes the whole thing very interesting, satisfying and fun.

    Ni No Kuni will definitely last you longer (like all Level 5 products) but the story is weird and childish -- which is not exactly bad -- just weird... and childish. But mostly weird, if you've seen a Ghibli movie before you should know what to expect. Game play is pretty drawn out though, but the battle system is a nice since it gives you more freedom despite feeling a little turn based (AI is 'tarded until you get certain commands though).

    Valkyria is personally my choice, I would pick it over Ni No Kuni most times.

  16. #1836
    Corwens a slot
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,115
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Valkyria I think is overall better than Ni No Kuni, but they are completely different genres so comparison is always gonna be more subjective. Either way, if you can ignore the anime look (which both games have so you're gonna have to), Valkyria has better game play and story. If you like turn based strategy games, Valkyria will be the one for you, since it makes the whole thing very interesting, satisfying and fun.

    Ni No Kuni will definitely last you longer (like all Level 5 products) but the story is weird and childish -- which is not exactly bad -- just weird... and childish. But mostly weird, if you've seen a Ghibli movie before you should know what to expect. Game play is pretty drawn out though, but the battle system is a nice since it gives you more freedom despite feeling a little turn based (AI is 'tarded until you get certain commands though).

    Valkyria is personally my choice, I would pick it over Ni No Kuni most times.
    I've been personally partial to Xenoblade. I'd probably rank that highest of all the RPG's I've played this gen, possibly since the SNES.

  17. #1837
    BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,755
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    epic

    All that Remains at the beggining. Im dying

  18. #1838
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    epic
    That preview picture makes me want to avoid this video at all cost.

  19. #1839
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    And fuck yeah Lost Odyssey was amazing. "Hanna's Departure really made the game for me.



    Only real rpg this generation that truly gave me the feel of classic RPG storytelling.
    This. Most memorable piece of gaming from the xbox 360 for me... interestingly enough, it isn't really 'gaming' at all.

  20. #1840
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,805
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Oh man, what a nostalgia bomb. Hanna's Departure was amazing.

Page 92 of 214 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. War is coming! (Warhammer Online) September 18th
    By Eanae in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 1033
    Last Post: 2010-02-16, 12:13