Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 42 of 307 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 840 of 6124
  1. #821
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    22,429
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Himay View Post
    I finally got around to trying this. Tell chimes don't work without windower either :\
    You can probably conclude it's not on Windower then. Try doing a file check?

  2. #822
    Flowery Twats
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,583
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by chichicha View Post
    Did you turn of "Super Sampling" ?
    Super Sampling is off
    Bump mapping is off
    Mip mapping is set to none
    UI scale is set to 1x
    Gamma is set to 0

  3. #823
    Clever and witty, all together the ladies love the Nekura
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,009
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin View Post
    I asked this over on the Windower forums, but got no response and there doesn't seem to be much talk going on over there about Lua scripting.

    According to the Lua wiki for Windower 4, displaying images is done with prim_create and prim_set_visibility. However, there's awful little explanation on just what to do with these or where the path to the image comes into play. Is the image that I want to display considered the "texture" in prim_set_texture?

    For reference, I am fairly comfortable with various scripting and programming languages, however I have never used Lua before.
    Someone who is actually developing with this stuff can probably give a better answer, but just looking at the documentation it seems like you do:
    prim_create(some_unique_name)
    prim_set_texture(some_unique_name, abs_path_to_your_texture)

    From there, you're done with the path, the only thing you care about is some_unique_name for the other prim operations.

  4. #824
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    25,938
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    Super Sampling is off
    Bump mapping is off
    Mip mapping is set to none
    UI scale is set to 1x
    Gamma is set to 0
    Check the registry entries for your background resolution. The last time I turned off super sampling the registry entry didn't change and stayed at 2x my game resolution.

  5. #825
    Flowery Twats
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,583
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Check the registry entries for your background resolution. The last time I turned off super sampling the registry entry didn't change and stayed at 2x my game resolution.
    Is there an idiot's guide on how to do that somewhere? Also, I just noticed this:


    If that means anything (all the visable wireframe lines).

    Edit: Those lines do not appear on other players.

  6. #826
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    25,938
    BG Level
    10

    This should help you get it done. Just open your Start menu, search for Regedit, navigate to the path on that page, and check the corresponding values for your background X and Y values.

  7. #827
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    736
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    By the way, anyone requiring absolute file paths:
    Code:
    lua_base_path = 'X:/absolute/path/to/windower/addons/<addonname>'
    So if you need the absolute path, don't manually insert it but use the lua_base_path variable instead.

  8. #828
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    25
    BG Level
    1

    For some reason Windower 4 is crashing as soon as I open it before it can update plugins or take me t the profile screen, can't even get to POL.

    I've tried restarting my comp and that didn't work. Gonna try re-install soon.

  9. #829
    Flowery Twats
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,583
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    This should help you get it done. Just open your Start menu, search for Regedit, navigate to the path on that page, and check the corresponding values for your background X and Y values.
    Thanks, I checked and the resolutions in the registry match my windower settings so it's not that.

    I'm really thinking it's something to do with the picture I posted, all those polygon lines, something looks wrong there.
    Easier to see here:


    Edit: looks like I'm on the way to becoming some kind of superman Bizarro mithra...

  10. #830
    Flowery Twats
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,583
    BG Level
    7

    To follow up, this problem of seeing the lines all over my character is not just in Windower 4, it's also in 3 and in vanilla pol.

    I'm not sure what to do now.

  11. #831
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    22,429
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    To follow up, this problem of seeing the lines all over my character is not just in Windower 4, it's also in 3 and in vanilla pol.

    I'm not sure what to do now.
    Sounds like your graphics card is kicking the bucket.

    Remaining list for Battlemod v2:
    * Change the way AoE buffs read out so that multi-target abilities that affect/don't affect different players give two messages with the respective responses.

  12. #832
    Flowery Twats
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,583
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Sounds like your graphics card is kicking the bucket.
    But why is it only on my character and not on others? It's since the version update. Although, it's also since my fan died. The fan has since been repaired and cleaned and is working better than before, but is there a chance my graphics card broke at the same time my fan did? (how could I test <.>?)

  13. #833
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,689
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    You could have damaged your card with the heat before the fan got fixed, yes.

    A stress test of your card would probably answer the question, but I can't direct you to the proper link/download/program because I don't know what to suggest.

  14. #834
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    22,429
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries
    1

    Okay, I pushed it out. Let me know how many things it breaks (preferably in this thread or via PMs).

  15. #835
    Flowery Twats
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,583
    BG Level
    7

    Unrelated to my graphics problem.

    [10:46:50] Dmopn>> [BR0SALE].[C0M] sell the cheapest gil,100% safe and fast deliv/ery.1M=$8.99 [L7Lci]
    [14:57:34] Dmopn>> [BR0SALE].[C0M] sell the cheapest gil,100% safe and fast deliv/ery.1M=$8.99 [ecc13]
    [20:35:21] Dmopn>> [BR0SALE].[C0M] sell the cheapest gil,100% safe and fast deliv/ery.1M=$8.99 [R1ki3]

    Why does this get through chatmon's filter? Why does BR0SALE get though the filter? Brosale is like what, the most infamous gilselling site? and the difference between "BROSALE" and "BR0SALE" is replacing an O for an 0? How does that possibly get through?

    I wont start on how an RMT tellspam mule managed to live for about 10 hours, that's appalling (on SE's side) of it's self.

  16. #836
    Radsourceful

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,964
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Okay, I pushed it out. Let me know how many things it breaks (preferably in this thread or via PMs).
    Not sure if filters issue, but I'm not getting "not enough MP to cast that spell" messages. Current Filters set to https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...on/filters.xml

  17. #837
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,689
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    Unrelated to my graphics problem.

    [10:46:50] Dmopn>> [BR0SALE].[C0M] sell the cheapest gil,100% safe and fast deliv/ery.1M=$8.99 [L7Lci]
    [14:57:34] Dmopn>> [BR0SALE].[C0M] sell the cheapest gil,100% safe and fast deliv/ery.1M=$8.99 [ecc13]
    [20:35:21] Dmopn>> [BR0SALE].[C0M] sell the cheapest gil,100% safe and fast deliv/ery.1M=$8.99 [R1ki3]

    Why does this get through chatmon's filter? Why does BR0SALE get though the filter? Brosale is like what, the most infamous gilselling site? and the difference between "BROSALE" and "BR0SALE" is replacing an O for an 0? How does that possibly get through?

    I wont start on how an RMT tellspam mule managed to live for about 10 hours, that's appalling (on SE's side) of it's self.
    Make sure you have the SE filter on too. I used to have terrible trouble with /tell since my char name is Buffy, but haven't seen a single one since I turned the SE one on in the chat filter settings.

    edit: This has nothing to do with chatmon, just saying.

  18. #838
    Flowery Twats
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,583
    BG Level
    7

    How do I go about making sure the SE filter is running >.>?

    Seriously, the questions I've been asking recently, I haven't felt like such a noob since like... last week.

  19. #839
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    252
    BG Level
    4

    I use windower 4 with UI size x2 (because I cant read the hp/mp bar with normal size) is there any way to make the chattext "clearer"? the only thing i found in the ffxi config is "font compressed: low, mid or high"?

  20. #840
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,689
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    How do I go about making sure the SE filter is running >.>?

    Seriously, the questions I've been asking recently, I haven't felt like such a noob since like... last week.
    Config > Chat Filter > Tell messages deemed spam > On

Page 42 of 307 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Service and Support
    By Ribeye in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2009-10-17, 18:23
  2. Windows vista and FFXI problem
    By Takeno in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2007-07-26, 13:36
  3. Windows Vista and Windower
    By divisortheory in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 2006-06-23, 04:19