• Navigation
Page 79 of 87 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast
Results 1561 to 1580 of 1738
  1. #1561
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,867
    BG Level
    10

    Also, KRUSH Davis is currently 2nd in MLB in wRC+ out of anyone with at least 60 PAs. (He has 91)

  2. #1562
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    Jason Heyward hit in the jaw with a fastball.

    http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/95...-hit-jaw-pitch

    Out 4-6 weeks with a broken jaw

  3. #1563
    Bring on the Revolution
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,061
    BG Level
    10

    Karma karma karma

  4. #1564
    Bring on the Revolution
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,061
    BG Level
    10

    Oh and 4k for ichiro

  5. #1565
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,130
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhinox View Post
    Oh and 4k for ichiro
    Good for him. Thats quite an amazing feat for sure

  6. #1566
    Bring on the Revolution
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,061
    BG Level
    10

    Nothing like the ole walk off tootblan by Anthony Rizzo.

    It's amazing how much people shit on starlin Castro for his down year but are essentially giving a free pass to Rizzo who's been just terrible

  7. #1567
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,130
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhinox View Post
    Nothing like the ole walk off tootblan by Anthony Rizzo.

    It's amazing how much people shit on starlin Castro for his down year but are essentially giving a free pass to Rizzo who's been just terrible
    Days like today pain me, cuz I just cant start him over Hosmer

  8. #1568
    Viq
    Viq is offline
    Let's go Red Sox!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,386
    BG Level
    8

    I can't wait for 5 years after Ichiro retires so we can laugh at the retarded hobos that leave him off their ballot for HOF

  9. #1569
    Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    21,329
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    I can't wait for 5 years after Ichiro retires so we can laugh at the retarded hobos that leave him off their ballot for HOF
    pmuch, but it won't be laughter. He's had most hits in majors since 2001 too, really would be shitty for him to get snubbed.

  10. #1570
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,867
    BG Level
    10

    Braun's statement:

    http://brewers.mlblogs.com/2013/08/2...om-ryan-braun/

    Statement From Ryan Braun

    The following statement was just issued by Brewers LF Ryan Braun:

    “Now that the initial MLB investigation is over, I want to apologize for my actions and provide a more specific account of what I did and why I deserved to be suspended. I have no one to blame but myself. I know that over the last year and a half I made some serious mistakes, both in the information I failed to share during my arbitration hearing and the comments I made to the press afterwards.

    I have disappointed the people closest to me – the ones who fought for me because they truly believed me all along. I kept the truth from everyone. For a long time, I was in denial and convinced myself that I had not done anything wrong.

    It is important that people understand that I did not share details of what happened with anyone until recently. My family, my teammates, the Brewers organization, my friends, agents, and advisors had no knowledge of these facts, and no one should be blamed but me. Those who put their necks out for me have been embarrassed by my behavior. I don’t have the words to express how sorry I am for that.

    Here is what happened. During the latter part of the 2011 season, I was dealing with a nagging injury and I turned to products for a short period of time that I shouldn’t have used. The products were a cream and a lozenge which I was told could help expedite my rehabilitation. It was a huge mistake for which I am deeply ashamed and I compounded the situation by not admitting my mistakes immediately.

    I deeply regret many of the things I said at the press conference after the arbitrator’s decision in February 2012. At that time, I still didn’t want to believe that I had used a banned substance. I think a combination of feeling self righteous and having a lot of unjustified anger led me to react the way I did. I felt wronged and attacked, but looking back now, I was the one who was wrong. I am beyond embarrassed that I said what I thought I needed to say to defend my clouded vision of reality. I am just starting the process of trying to understand why I responded the way I did, which I continue to regret. There is no excuse for any of this.

    For too long during this process, I convinced myself that I had not done anything wrong. After my interview with MLB in late June of this year, I came to the realization that it was time to come to grips with the truth. I was never presented with baseball’s evidence against me, but I didn’t need to be, because I knew what I had done. I realized the magnitude of my poor decisions and finally focused on dealing with the realities of-and the punishment for-my actions.

    I requested a second meeting with Baseball to acknowledge my violation of the drug policy and to engage in discussions about appropriate punishment for my actions. By coming forward when I did and waiving my right to appeal any sanctions that were going to be imposed, I knew I was making the correct decision and taking the first step in the right direction. It was important to me to begin my suspension immediately to minimize the burden on everyone I had so negatively affected- my teammates, the entire Brewers organization, the fans and all of MLB. There has been plenty of rumor and speculation about my situation, and I am aware that my admission may result in additional attacks and accusations from others.

    I love the great game of baseball and I am very sorry for any damage done to the game. I have privately expressed my apologies to Commissioner Selig and Rob Manfred of MLB and to Michael Weiner and his staff at the Players’ Association. I’m very grateful for the support I’ve received from them. I sincerely apologize to everybody involved in the arbitration process, including the collector, Dino Laurenzi, Jr. I feel terrible that I put my teammates in a position where they were asked some very difficult and uncomfortable questions. One of my primary goals is to make amends with them.

    I understand it’s a blessing and a tremendous honor to play this game at the Major League level. I also understand the intensity of the disappointment from teammates, fans, and other players. When it comes to both my actions and my words, I made some very serious mistakes and I can only ask for the forgiveness of everyone I let down. I will never make the same errors again and I intend to share the lessons I learned with others so they don’t repeat my mistakes. Moving forward, I want to be part of the solution and no longer part of the problem.

    I support baseball’s Joint Drug Treatment and Prevention Program and the importance of cleaning up the game. What I did goes against everything I have always valued- achieving through hard work and dedication, and being honest both on and off the field. I also understand that I will now have to work very, very hard to begin to earn back people’s trust and support. I am dedicated to making amends and to earning back the trust of my teammates, the fans, the entire Brewers’ organization, my sponsors, advisors and from MLB. I am hopeful that I can earn back the trust from those who I have disappointed and those who are willing to give me the opportunity. I am deeply sorry for my actions, and I apologize to everyone who has been adversely affected by them.”
    Can't wait for him to dominate next year, powered by the newest undetectable steroids.

  11. #1571
    Bring on the Revolution
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,061
    BG Level
    10

    Dudes a fucking coward.


    He canceled his press conference.

    Guys, it's cool. It was only in 2011 when he had a nagging injury

  12. #1572
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,867
    BG Level
    10

    Sounds pretty anti-semitic to me.

  13. #1573
    Bring on the Revolution
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,061
    BG Level
    10




    and I am a cubs fan..

  14. #1574
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    28,613
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    Days like today pain me, cuz I just cant start him over Hosmer
    I actually dropped Rizzo for Belt.....

  15. #1575
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,485
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

    My plan was to stay out of this thread all season so i don't jinx my Braves, and JayHey takes one on the jaw.

    My apologies Atl fans! It's all my fault.

  16. #1576
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,050
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    They still lead the division by a lot. He should be back in time for the NLCS, DS maybe.

  17. #1577
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,823
    BG Level
    10

    not worried about the division. he was playing great at the lead off spot, now he'll be rusty whenever he returns

  18. #1578
    Bring on the Revolution
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    21,061
    BG Level
    10

    Karma karma karma

  19. #1579
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,485
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

    Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    not worried about the division. he was playing great at the lead off spot, now he'll be rusty whenever he returns
    Yep yep.

    Not only is he going to be rusty but everyone else is going to be rolling into the post-season slumping.

    Heyward has been the difference between being a .500 team and a potential world series candidate since he took over the lead-off spot.

  20. #1580
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,867
    BG Level
    10

    KHRUSH DAVIS with another pair of two-run dingers.

Page 79 of 87 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3792
    Last Post: 2013-09-29, 20:04
  2. Replies: 16499
    Last Post: 2013-04-29, 06:20
  3. Replies: 1973
    Last Post: 2013-04-25, 04:32
  4. Replies: 3256
    Last Post: 2012-10-04, 09:45
  5. MLB '08 Season Discussion
    By Doombard in forum Sports
    Replies: 1420
    Last Post: 2009-01-08, 16:58