What is a prime Bonds exactly?
What is a prime Bonds exactly?
'87-'98 "clean" Bonds put up 95.8 fWAR.
Next position player was Griffey...with 63.6.
If you want to count current contracts that were signed this year, Can add in Cain.
Bumgardner gets 35 mil over 6 years, Cardinals I believe had two 12+ mil a year pitchers when they won in 2011, 2009 world series had Cliff Lee, though I don't remember what Pedro Martinez, Blanton, and Hamels were making.
Now to your question, how many 100 million dollar position players have won world series rings in the last several years? And you can drop the Yankee's from that list as I think they have 90% of the players in that last.
12 mil is cheap
And talking contracts at the time.
but to answer your question just off the top of my head
Pujols and Manny
We live in a strange world if 12mil for a starter is cheap.
12 mil for a top of the rotation starter? yeah thats pretty cheap.
Matt Garza was making close to 11 mil when he was traded this year and on his best day hes a #2.
Pujols hasn't even made $15M in a season yet.
http://www.bleachernation.com/2013/0...ports-dollars/
if these numbers are true this is a fucking joke.
I need to find a youtube of it later, but Pence launched a 476 foot bomb in the first inning at Coors field today. Longest home run this season, and it would have gone longer if that pesky brick wall behind the bleachers didn't get in the way.
Found this very hilarious. I'm having trouble posting the gif so if someone else can do it, that would be cool.
http://thebiglead.com/2013/08/28/two...irections-gif/
Justin Morneau to the Pirates
Still early but that Orioles trade looks pretty one sided right now.
Arrietta and Strop doing work