Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 126
  1. #1

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    24,306
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    24: Live Another Day (Begins May 5, 2014)

    http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/13/of...urns-may-2014/

    Jack Bauer will be back, baby: EW has confirmed that Fox will bring back its long-running hit 24 next May.

    The network will air 12 episodes of 24: Live Another Day as part of its new directive to air event programming in the summer as a way to tie together the regular seasons. A miniseries from M. Night Shyamalan called “Wayward Pines” will air after the run of 24, which will (naturally) feature the return of Kiefer Sutherland.

    The 24 producers “always had the idea of maybe someday doing feature films, but as got into it they all agreed 24 being compressed in two hours is not 24,” Fox Entertainment Chairman Kevin Reilly told reporters today. “A light bulb went off with (former Executive Producer) Howard Gordon. The spine of the 24 episodes is about 12 hours. Those were big events that occurred and little connective tissue in between.”

    Unlike what happened in the regular series — where each episode represented an hour in Bauer’s action-packed life — the new version will jump around during the day, Reilly explained. And the star power could be better than ever.

    “A lot of who’s who in Hollywood wanted to participate in this,” Reilly said.

    Asked why the show was cancelled in 2010, Reilly admitted that it felt like the right time — at the time.

    “We wanted it to go out strong,” he said. “We didn’t want to keep it limping for two more seasons.”

    Though Reilly says he doesn’t envision 24 becoming a regular series, he won’t rule out its “franchise-ability.”

    “People are that much more excited about this,” he said.
    Not sure what else they can do or where they can go with the show, but AWWW YEAH I'm pumped to see Jack Bauer kicking terrorist ass again.

  2. #2
    Cloak & Dagger
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    310
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Great news on an otherwise crappy Monday. I was looking forward to a movie, but this is even better.

  3. #3
    Bagel
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,352
    BG Level
    6

    You think they'll pick up Touch again when they cancel this?

  4. #4
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,163
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    I don't know how great of an idea this is...

  5. #5
    Bagel
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,352
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    I don't know how great of an idea this is...
    This great.

  6. #6
    Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,882
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    I don't know if I like the idea of the events being condensed into 12 hours. In reality the show was about 18 hours (since they had to skip about 10-15 minutes per episode for commercials) but 12 is not a lot of time. While there was a lot of content in each series that could have been cut out, to me the 1 hour running clock is what made the show unique: everything that happened in one episode took place within an hour so it felt like real time.

    As far as plot, it could be the government is after him after the events of Season 8.

  7. #7
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,949
    BG Level
    6

    Could just be a really intense half day, then he gets some good rest and can actually take a dump.

  8. #8
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Better than a movie

  9. #9
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,744
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Love the idea, don't mind the condensed nature of it. I loved the first few seasons. The last 3 seasons had gotten really boring, they could have cut out half of the interaction between the boring characters brought in to replace the interesting ones they killed off, throw in a few "Jack kicking ass" scenes, and it would have been much better.

  10. #10
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,411
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    The 12 episode limit is prolly just Fox playing it safe with any reboot. If it is renewed I don't doubt it will be 24 episodes again.

    Redemption was still pretty good and they did that in 2 hours. I can see them putting together 6 redemptions and making it work well.

    I don't know if the movie will ever happen at this point. Yeah Touch prolly took up any potential filming chances Sutherland had, but again they would have to do something like Redemption as a lead in/bridge/cliffhanger like the first X Files movie was for that to work.

  11. #11
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    7,114
    BG Level
    8

    Why does he always talk like he's out of breath no matter what?

  12. #12
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,667
    BG Level
    8

    In this season Kim gets her leg caught in a rabbit snare

  13. #13
    Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,882
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    I wonder what year Day 9 would be? They did a lot of timeskips in between seasons to the point where Day 8 was something like 2017-2018.

  14. #14
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,413
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9


  15. #15
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,163
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Ok, I'm ready for this to be a good idea again. Please Jack, freedom all over everything.

  16. #16
    Brokage
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,316
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    I feel like I'm a bit out of the 24 loop here, but is this another season of the TV show? I thought they were making a movie?

    Regardless, I'm stoked!

  17. #17
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,163
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    12 episodes of terrorist-killing goodness.

  18. #18
    Brokage
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,316
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    12 episodes of terrorist-killing goodness.
    12.... 2 hour long episodes?

  19. #19
    I Am, Who I Am.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,657
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    I kind of liked how the ads played out last night.
    Each slowly showing more until the last one.

    The first one I didn't think much off it until I heard the time changing sound, and was like.. was that.. 24?
    Then the second one came around, and I was like.. that's defiantly the sound of the 24 clock..
    Third one was, this is a commercial for 24.. how the hell.. what's going on?
    Then yeah.

    Id forgotten they were going to do a new 24 show thingy.
    Hope it's good.

  20. #20
    Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,882
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    12.... 2 hour long episodes?
    From what I have read it will be a 24 hour day, however each episode takes place in real time for one hour and then it skips an hour before going to the next episode. For example:

    Episode 1: 9:00 - 10:00 am
    Episode 2: 11:00 - 12:00pm

    What they are thinking is that if you watch a full season of 24, you'll find that you could probably cut out half of the material to condense it down, so this 12 episode "mini-series" should feel pretty tight.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 58
    Last Post: 2013-08-13, 21:17