Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 126
  1. #21
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11,977
    BG Level
    9

    Me too.

    When I saw the commercial, I was like "Yes Jack is back! omg is that Chloe?!!!!" and then I lost my shit lol

  2. #22
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    32,119
    BG Level
    10

    Never saw 24...should I give them a shot? Or can I skip this and not feel bad...lol

  3. #23
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,163
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    I would recommend it. The first two seasons were some of the best TV I've ever seen.

    EDIT:
    Wiki says this
    "24: Live Another Day is an upcoming 24 limited event television series. Set four years after the events of season 8, the series will loosely adhere to the real time concept; while it will still cover the events of a single day with each episode corresponding to an hour, there will be jumps forward in time between certain episodes. The series will begin with a two-hour premiere on May 5, 2014."

  4. #24
    Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,882
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Never saw 24...should I give them a shot? Or can I skip this and not feel bad...lol
    Watch them all. The seasons can be grouped into story-arcs listed below:

    Seasons 1-3
    Seasons 4-6
    Redemption + Seasons 7 and 8

  5. #25
    Brokage
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,325
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    From what I have read it will be a 24 hour day, however each episode takes place in real time for one hour and then it skips an hour before going to the next episode. For example:

    Episode 1: 9:00 - 10:00 am
    Episode 2: 11:00 - 12:00pm

    What they are thinking is that if you watch a full season of 24, you'll find that you could probably cut out half of the material to condense it down, so this 12 episode "mini-series" should feel pretty tight.
    That's an interesting way to do the new season. As a big fan of the original few seasons, I'm more then interested in checking this out!

  6. #26

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    24,318
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Season 6 is TERRIBAD. The rest are all decent to great. Season 7(?) I think is the one that was delayed by the Writer's Guild Strike and it definitely helped get them back on track with a decent story. Regardless, they are all available on Netflix instant.

  7. #27
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    552
    BG Level
    5

    You can honestly skip season 6 and miss nothing of value from the overall story (except the death of 2 side characters that were in the seasons prior) and skip straight to 7 when it gets good again. Season 8 is "ok" but only because of how terribly in ended due to them having a movie in the books.

  8. #28
    Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

    The Immortal Bill Duke

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,697
    BG Level
    9

    season 7 was sex

  9. #29
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,502
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9



  10. #30
    Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5,882
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Chloe's looking good!!

  11. #31
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,502
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9


  12. #32
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,163
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    AWWWWWWWWWWW YISSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

    JACK IS BACK

  13. #33
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,744
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    That was great, I enjoyed it.

  14. #34
    Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    22,163
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Action-packed thrill ride. I don't need much more than that.

  15. #35
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,050
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Good start to the season.

  16. #36
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,321
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    I'm excited to see the continuing adventures of Jack Bauer before he became Big Boss.

  17. #37

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    24,318
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    I enjoyed it. Was also good to see Lady Stark again.

  18. #38
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,411
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Best part of the first episode was Jack not saying a word until he started in action. Loved it.

    I think my reservations about this have gone away. Don't ask or need anything more than a decent story with Jack and Chloe being Jack and Chloe. Might not mind 2 or 3 of these "12 episode events" and then give Jack the ending he deserves if this keeps up. They're doing well making just a fast paced show instead of a crammed and condensed one.

    Also, Stephen Fry and Catelyn Stark? Huzzah!

  19. #39
    Brokage
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,325
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Stephen Fry's name in the credits made me squeal like a little fan-girl lol. Show is as awesome as ever, very happy to have it back

  20. #40
    I Have The Clap Again
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,847
    BG Level
    8

    I like Hanna from Dexter as the CIA agent who will eventually help him

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 58
    Last Post: 2013-08-13, 21:17