Page 20 of 56 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 1105
  1. #381
    Running Hell
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,232
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    The timings in the demo are little tight since you only get 25 minutes, in retail you get 50 min for 90% of monster hunts except a few special ones. Also yeah people tend to get a bit skittish if someone leaves or if someone dies twice and you only have one more KO before you fail. Truth is even if you have two deaths or someone leaves the worst thing to do is get defensive. Offense really is the best defense in this game as the more people you have smacking a monster around the more likely it is to trip or stagger which gives you free time to wail on it. Everyone dies at some point, it's inevitable. You only make things harder on everyone else if you stop attacking for fear of dying again. (Not saying you died, just general advice on how to handle something going badly)

  2. #382
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Voyage1970 View Post
    The timings in the demo are little tight since you only get 25 minutes, in retail you get 50 min for 90% of monster hunts except a few special ones. Also yeah people tend to get a bit skittish if someone leaves or if someone dies twice and you only have one more KO before you fail. Truth is even if you have two deaths or someone leaves the worst thing to do is get defensive. Offense really is the best defense in this game as the more people you have smacking a monster around the more likely it is to trip or stagger which gives you free time to wail on it. Everyone dies at some point, it's inevitable. You only make things harder on everyone else if you stop attacking for fear of dying again. (Not saying you died, just general advice on how to handle something going badly)
    Don't worry I'm just happy that I wasn't the one dying that time

  3. #383
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,176
    BG Level
    8

    That is always a nice feeling, that slightly offsets the fact that you still failed the mission. Welp, wasn't me that died ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    5 days from it not mattering in the slightest, but I do wish that they had included a staple monster (other than G.Jaggi) in the demo. I want to mess about with the weapon changes but it would be much better to do so on someone like Rathalos. I love the new monsters, but learning them at the same time that I am learning the new tweaks... yeah yeah, just hurry up 5 days.

  4. #384
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Doombear View Post
    That is always a nice feeling, that slightly offsets the fact that you still failed the mission. Welp, wasn't me that died ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    5 days from it not mattering in the slightest, but I do wish that they had included a staple monster (other than G.Jaggi) in the demo. I want to mess about with the weapon changes but it would be much better to do so on someone like Rathalos. I love the new monsters, but learning them at the same time that I am learning the new tweaks... yeah yeah, just hurry up 5 days.
    Did you read? Didn't failed lol ALMOST timed out had like 2-3 min left

  5. #385
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,176
    BG Level
    8

    Ha! I did read that, then completely forgot what I read after reading Voyage's follow up. Oops. Nicely done.

  6. #386
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Doombear View Post
    Ha! I did read that, then completely forgot what I read after reading Voyage's follow up. Oops. Nicely done.
    It's fine I'll still :3 you

    Need to hunt sometime

  7. #387
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    253
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Galois Evariste
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Walking Dead and Better Call Saul are on tonight, but I'd be up for demo hunting before then.

  8. #388
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10


  9. #389
    Running Hell
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,232
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    That feel when all those cool animu cross-over weapons and armor won't be in the NA version cause of licensing issues.

  10. #390
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    So how do you guys hunt online? I've been reading some sites, and people seems to rage for different reason

    Quick exemple, Goal hunt is to kill a Great Jaggi.

    Do you guys just run to it and kill it asap? or do you do other stuff like Gathering mining or killing trash for materials?

  11. #391
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,176
    BG Level
    8

    Only time I would spend time doing anything other than the objective is if I was hunting with people I knew, and could afford to gather a couple spots because I needed something. Otherwise, it is straight to the monster and let's get to smashing face.

  12. #392
    Running Hell
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,232
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Pretty much straight to the monster always. There are missions you can do specifically for gathering or mining if you want to do that. Really once you get the farm up and running the only thing you should really have to gather for are Bugs and Ores and even some bugs you can make at your farm, mostly Thunderbugs and Bitterbugs.

  13. #393
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,755
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    There's always the gatherin or small mob hunting missions if you need to get materials, and those can always be done solo.

  14. #394
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,465
    BG Level
    7

    Mission says kill monster, I kill monster. Go waste someone else's time with your butterfly frolicking bullshit.

  15. #395
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Monster Hunter 4G [West 2015]

    Room if anyone wanna hunt

    8745
    70-1325-2161-1775

    Gore of course

    Room gonna be open for 10min

  16. #396
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Hehe this was fun for Destiny, could work too for MH4U if people do it correctly

    http://www.monsterhunterlfg.com/

  17. #397
    The God Damn Kuno
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    13,360
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Always straight to boss unless with friends that are ok with it. Trash mobs and material farming can be done solo.

  18. #398
    I like to eat food
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,064
    BG Level
    8

    I know I haven't added some of you yet. Have to make room on my Freind List thingermajig tonight. Have been too lazy recently and was beating OoT. Always have it in sleep so never go to the console menu. Now that I beat it I'll probably move stuff around tonight.

  19. #399
    Running Hell
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,232
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    So just a little heads up for anyone planning to main Charge Blade (I might be changing mine to Charge Blade primary IG secondary). The phial bursts you can unleash in Axe mode or with the shield thrust in shield boost mode deal "pure damage" like bombs. Each burst is worth 5% of your weapons raw damage as pure damage (10% in the case of the Super/Ultra burst) and adds 30 KO/Exhaust damage. If your Charge Blade has elemental type bursts, instead of them giving pure damage they simply deal an additional elemental only hit with boosted attack. 2.25x elemental damage on normal bursts and 3.0x on Super/Ultra. The Super and Ultra burst themselves have ridiculously high attack values (Super: 90% + 3 Bursts, Ultra: 25%+99%+100%+#PhialsStocked bursts). All of these values except bursts are 20% stronger in Shield Boost mode.

    All in all if you have a KO damage type Charge Blade expect to share head space with Hammer/HH users and feel free to be liberal with your use of the quick Super/Ultra from Shield Thrust in blade mode.

  20. #400
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,176
    BG Level
    8

    Awesome info Voyage. Thanks. I have definitely been spending more time with it, getting used to banking the charge into shield as well as getting better at using the Super burst instead of Ultra. The weapon is insanely complex and I have a feeling it is going to take a ridiculous amount of time to really get into the more intricate combos and Guard Points. It is craziness.

    https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/s...015104/photo/1


    I really love how much NoE is kicking ass, they really have been stepping up far far more often than not lately. That said, really don't love whatever the hell NoA is doing. I want those MH themes, so fingers crossed it is just NoA being bad at marketing/creating hype again and not us just not getting them.

Page 20 of 56 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Monster Hunter Tri
    By Kyo in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 725
    Last Post: 2011-03-30, 12:38
  2. Monster Hunter Unite: The Hunt Begins!
    By Jefe in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 594
    Last Post: 2010-02-11, 16:21
  3. Monster Hunter Frontier On Xbox 360
    By Ragnell in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 2010-01-26, 15:05
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2009-12-23, 13:01