I don't know about yearly, AFAIK respawn is developing the sequel and since they just finished 1 and are working on at least three dlc I doubt they have the resources to release t2 in less then a year.
http://www.titanfall.com/news/the-gooser-challenge
Based on recent feedback from the community, the Gen 5 challenge requirement "Gooser", requiring players to kill 50 ejecting pilots, will be reduced to 5.
We went a bit too far with this challenge, especially considering the unique conditions that have to be met in order to have the opportunity to get a kill on an ejecting Pilot.
We are aware that some players have already completed the challenge or earned more than the new requirement. We plan to internally note those players so we can recognize their accomplishments in a future game update.
The change to the "Gooser" challenge will go into effect in the near future as part of an upcoming patch, so you still have some time to complete the challenge as it currently stands.
Fair.
just got the game recently, tons of fun, but it feels like the first assault rifle has quite a bit less damage than i remember from the beta. it just seems like it takes a long time to kill people with it. is there another automatic assault rifle? i got the semi auto longbow and the semi auto rifle after that. just looking for something kills pilots a little quicker.
R101C does 50-40dmg with range dropoff around 30m (pilots have 200 health) with a firerate of 800~
C.A.R. does 66-35dmg with range dropoff around 15m~ with a firerate of 845~
R-97 does 40-30dmg with a firerate of 950~ and terribad range
Spitfire does 70-45dmg with a firerate of 540 and the highest range, but I'm unsure of the value
the R-97 and Spitfire kick like wild animals (spitfire being the exception the longer you hold the trigger, but that draws attention and anyone worth their salt will shoot you in the face if you expose yourself for too long)
C.A.R. has mild recoil, but controllable. R101 is a frickin' laserbeam.
Those are your fully auto options
Triple Threat is so good
360 Gameplay
XB1 Vs. 360
http://www.vg247.com/2014/04/09/tita...-a-solid-port/Titanfall Xbox 360 is out now, and Dave Cook’s been getting stuck right in. Has Bluepoint Games delivered a worthy port of the Xbox One original, or is the last-gen edition a fool’s errand?
It was rather worrying to see EA holding Titanfall Xbox 360 close to its chest. This week’s North American launch came with little in the way of fanfare, and the fact that the press had no prior access to the last-gen build sent alarms bells ringing. With all that secrecy you’d think the publisher was trying to hide something dire; a grievous error even. Had Bluepoint Games dropped the ball hard? You’d be forgiven for thinking so.
In actual fact the game is surprisingly good. The graphical drop is notable in places and it’s prone to glitches that I’ll cover in some detail further on, but first let’s actually address the long period of radio silence. This really confused me for several reasons, and I think chiefly, I suspected what most of you did; that EA had a weak build on its hands and it was trying to keep anyone from seeing it prior to release.
That’s wrong, and I get that if you take a staunch business approach to this then yeah, fair enough, it makes sense to divert attention when you have a weak product on your hand. But you’re not stupid. You all sensed something was up, and I feel that had EA just shown the game via the usual preview channels and trailers then that sense of distrust and trepidation around the Xbox 360 version wouldn’t have emerged.
We’re now living in a time where – despite all of the NSAs, GCHQs and Facebooks in the world – transparency is actually becoming an acceptable value in the video game market. Look at Kickstarter, with its clear-glass view on the development process, where prototypes and early builds are routinely shown to let backers see where their money is going. Steam Early Access is doing this as well, although with some questionable price tags attached.
I’d never advise anyone to buy a game without first consulting either a review – if they trust reviews at all of course – trying a demo or asking people they believe for an opinion first. But it’s clear that many people buy games without that prior knowledge because they do get sucked into the hype machine that we in the press admittedly help to perpetuate to varying degrees, and they buy a game on day-one off the back of the industry’s message. You’re not made of stone, after all.
So imagine if you bought Titanfall Xbox 360 after all of the silence and the no-shows, only to find you’d just dropped £45 on a terrible game. You’d have every right to be livid. I’ll repeat again – the build is fine, so that leaves me to believe one thing; that EA and Microsoft wanted to squeeze as many Xbox One sales as possible before unleashing the last-gen edition on the world. That, and we’re now in a new financial year, and it’s clear that both companies will get off to a flying start thanks to the game’s last-minute delay.
Dwelling on it for too long would be to detract from the solid porting job Bluepoint Games has delivered in Titanfall. It’s the same team that created Metal Gear Solid HD Collection a few years back, and it did a fine job there too, so I was never worried about the team’s ability as such.
The first thing I noticed when jumping into the game was the 1GB optimisation install, which was quickly finished and before I knew it I was in multiplayer, doing all the things I’ve been doing in the Xbox One build for a few weeks now. There are no content sacrifices here, and when you consider that the player caps are the same – and from what I can tell this also applies to the AI grunts – then the amount of polygons and models on display at any one time is actually quite remarkable.
I’ve seen a pack of four Titans in a brawl on the Lagoon map, with its lapping waters and swaying foliage without any slow-down whatsoever. That’s impressive, even if the frame-rate did stutter at several points, along with a degree of lag. I’ll chalk the latter up to day-one server load for now, and I’ll keep an eye on it over the next few weeks, but by and large the net-code held up fine. There were also a few instances where bombs and bullets caught in my Vortex Shield didn’t appear, and some movement glitches saw my avatar moving strangely.
That’s hardly game-breaking, and the point is that I can do all of the same things I could in the Xbox One version without the game failing, or having it slow to an unplayable crawl. Granted, there were moments where the machine groaned under the strain, and textures understandably didn’t hold up as well. There are jaggies, blurry objects and noticeably less aliens swooping around the Boneyard map. I still noticed the big four-legged beasts roaming across the horizon, much to my surprise.
There’s just so much going on in this game that with all the explosions, shell casings and pieces of broken mechs flying around it’s no joke, and further underlines Bluepoint’s ability. Simply put, this is the same game you’ll find on PC and Xbox 360, but with an inevitable drop in visual quality.
Is it a deal-breaker? Well, that all depends on how important visuals are to you, but the graphical dip didn’t phase me and the final package doesn’t look largely out of sorts against the Xbox 360 builds of Battlefield 4 or Call of Duty: Ghosts, two games I felt failed to excite in the presentation department. I’d call this a triumph for Bluepoint, but then again I’m already invested in Titanfall thanks to the Xbox One build. Will newcomers be so kind at first pass? Well, that’s for them to decide.
I'm not going to post the comparison screen caps, but basically the 360 version looks like how it would if you had the gamma cranked up a bit. Not as detailed as XBone, but not really a detracting factor.
Fantastic! I haven't picked up my preorder yet just in case the 360 version didn't live up to expectations.
Gonna pick it up after work today.
Expedition DLC announced, 3 new maps & releases in May
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/...dition-art.jpghttp://www.titanfall.com/news/titanfall-expedition-dlcToday during our panel at PAX East, we revealed details on Expedition, the first DLC map pack for Titanfall. Coming this May, Expedition will introduce three new maps to the Frontier including Runoff, Swamplands and Wargames.
In the wake of the Battle of Demeter, IMC Expeditionary Forces travel deep into Frontier space to recover from their recent defeat. On an uncharted world, the IMC begin construction of a new fleet operations base, using newly acquired water collection and filtration plants to support the new base. When drainage operations reveal ancient ruins and artifacts of an unknown origin in a nearby swamp, Spyglass activates an archaeological team to investigate the site. To maintain battle readiness at the new base, IMC Pilots use simulation pods to train for anticipated Militia raids, based on lessons learned in Angel City and IMC Airbase Sierra.
Titanfall Expedition is the first of three new content packs with each pack available for $9.99. For fans looking to get all three content packs while saving a few bucks, the Titanfall Season Pass is the way to go. Available for a one-time price of $24.99, the Titanfall Season Pass is available for Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC and delivers all three content packs as soon as they become available.
First DLC looks great!
Cross-post for delicious savings;
Titanfall for Origin is 40% off - http://www.dealzon.com/deals/titanfa...ll-pc-download
Expedition DLC 20% off - http://www.dealzon.com/deals/titanfa...edition-pc-dlc
Season Pass 20% off - http://www.dealzon.com/deals/titanfa...season-pass-pc
Hmm. Still don't think I'll buy it. Maybe for < $15. I'll just keep playing BF4.
I'm on the fence about picking it up for the 360. How is the weapon customization?
Two new gameplay modes coming, customizable Titan voiceshttp://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/...-titan-voices/A new update for Titanfall is on the way, set to bring in a host of new features, developer Respawn Entertainment has announced.
Two new modes will be added; Marked for Death is a 6v6 gametype where one player on each team is marked as a target and must be hunted down for points. Each team must try to protect their own player while trying to take down the enemy.
The second mode, Wingman LTS is a 2v2 gametype, the first such type to be featured in Titanfall. Functionally it’s the same as Last Titan Standing, although Respawn intends for the reduced player count to increase the tactical play of the game.
The update will also bring two new voices for the Titans, as well as allowing players to select decals for their mechs.
Respawn has also expressed a commitment to improving their matchmaking system, which they say will start shuffling teams to ensure that the skill on both sides is as even as possible.
The update is set to hit later this month on PC and Xbox One, with the Xbox 360 version getting the patch a little later.
http://www.titanfall.com/news/titanfall-e3-blog