1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 13 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 2 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 7 hours, 13 minutes
Page 107 of 163 FirstFirst ... 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 ... LastLast
Results 2121 to 2140 of 3249
  1. #2121
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    I do love the duty finder, I find more.. hilarious people... faster!

    I think the best one was this PLD I had, I slept pull one mob and then slept the other mob that got near me... so... the PLD runs back and forth between the 2 mobs spamming flash on cooldown... ┓(´_`)┏
    The 2 mobs were pretty far apart....
    At least he wanted to make sure that you didn't get it??


    Dunno lol

  2. #2122
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Can we not store gear in the Armoire in beta?

  3. #2123
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37,887
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    Can we not store gear in the Armoire in beta?
    I know we can retrieve but storing um didn't tey

  4. #2124
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    So when Yoshi said that Brayflox Longdrop was difficult and tuned harder for beta, I thought he was crazy but it turns out people really are bad at this game. I had one group use the full 90 minutes, die several times at the first boss because the WHM couldn't cure. Then on the last boss the concept of running out of the poison area was too complicated.

    Last group I had a WHM who wouldn't Esuna for shit so the poison stacks kept killing us. Even after I told everyone what to do the WHM still couldn't keep Esuna going. And then several random moments of the other DPS or WHM running ahead of the tank, pulling a group of monsters and then dying because the tank seemingly can't use Flash and instead tries to Riot Blade combo everything. Random BLM kept using LB as soon as it was full, even on random mobs despite the WHM or tank clearly needing it more lol.

    So yeah, I had fun today.

  5. #2125
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,389
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    So when Yoshi said that Brayflox Longdrop was difficult and tuned harder for beta, I thought he was crazy but it turns out people really are bad at this game. I had one group use the full 90 minutes, die several times at the first boss because the WHM couldn't cure. Then on the last boss the concept of running out of the poison area was too complicated.

    Last group I had a WHM who wouldn't Esuna for shit so the poison stacks kept killing us. Even after I told everyone what to do the WHM still couldn't keep Esuna going. And then several random moments of the other DPS or WHM running ahead of the tank, pulling a group of monsters and then dying because the tank seemingly can't use Flash and instead tries to Riot Blade combo everything. Random BLM kept using LB as soon as it was full, even on random mobs despite the WHM or tank clearly needing it more lol.

    So yeah, I had fun today.
    The joy of IMS, coming to an ARR near you!

  6. #2126
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,205
    BG Level
    6

    What is IMS?

    I made a friend who I've been playing with all beta, and the only reason I met this friend is because dungeon finder didn't exist at the time, we met through a dungeon and talked all through it then did a few more dungeons together, guildhests, added eachother, and talked for a bit. Also talked to people in parties and actually had to communicate to get them to join and stuff before dungeon finder was added. After the party they'd talk a bit before leaving, add me to friend list, and send me tells later. We'd all say hi, bye, thank eachother, everything. Since dungeon finder was added, I can no longer make friends(cannot add to friend list, cannot send tells), no one talks, no one ever says "hi" or "bye", ANYTHING, and it feels like I'm playing a single player game with NPC's. Even if I do make friends, I am completely unable to add them because you cannot add people to your friend list cross server,invite them again cross-server or send them tells. I am literally DENIED the ability to make friends.

    Sucks, guess I'll be pretending dungeon finder doesn't exist come P4/retail and only invite people by shouting.

  7. #2127
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    288
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Satu Rhean
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Duty Finder worked great for me. Did Copperbell GLD, CNJ, ARC, and THM. Got a group within seconds, cleared the dungeon in about 30minutes, and all was fine and dandy. It was nice not having to waste time hoping a group shows up.

  8. #2128
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,805
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    ...Since dungeon finder was added, I can no longer make friends(cannot add to friend list, cannot send tells), no one talks, no one ever says "hi" or "bye", ANYTHING, and it feels like I'm playing a single player game with NPC's...
    As much as I like a dungeon finder, I share similar feelings. It's just a natural fact that people don't appreciate what they didn't work very hard for. When all they have to do is push a button to get a party, they simply don't value others as much. People would call each other by their roles rather than names ("heals is afk") and saying "hi" and "bye" are the exception rather than the norm. It's just very disappointing coming from FFXI, where people had to work damn hard for everything, and the sense of community was so much stronger for it.

    That being said, for better or for worse, the Duty Finder works really well, especially since it allows you to change jobs after queuing.

  9. #2129
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,687
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    I made a friend who I've been playing with all beta, and the only reason I met this friend is because dungeon finder didn't exist at the time, we met through a dungeon and talked all through it then did a few more dungeons together, guildhests, added eachother, and talked for a bit. Also talked to people in parties and actually had to communicate to get them to join and stuff before dungeon finder was added. After the party they'd talk a bit before leaving, add me to friend list, and send me tells later. We'd all say hi, bye, thank eachother, everything. Since dungeon finder was added, I can no longer make friends(cannot add to friend list, cannot send tells), no one talks, no one ever says "hi" or "bye", ANYTHING, and it feels like I'm playing a single player game with NPC's. Even if I do make friends, I am completely unable to add them because you cannot add people to your friend list cross server,invite them again cross-server or send them tells. I am literally DENIED the ability to make friends.
    "Hey, cool random DF guy, what server are you on?"
    "[something other than your server]"
    "Oh, OK, without DF I literally would never have met you. Good luck in life though."

    "Hey, cool random DF guy, what server are you on?"
    "[your server]"
    "Cool, expect a friend request/linkpearl/FC invite after this dungeon."

    As far as referring to people by roles/jobs, welcome to every pickup party ever?

  10. #2130
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,765
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Ran a DF party through Hali today, cleared in no time. No deaths, no one talked. It was f'n great.

    I don't see the problem.

    I do hate the lot system though. People don't understand how it should be used yet.

  11. #2131
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,765
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Duty Finder pulls people cross server? Fo reals?

  12. #2132
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,133
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Duty Finder pulls people cross server? Fo reals?
    wat? yes? of course that's the whole point of it, lol. across servers but not data centers.

  13. #2133
    The Spooniest of Bards
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,676
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Duty Finder pulls people cross server? Fo reals?
    Yes. Best part was getting a Paladin for Halatali on a non-legacy server.

  14. #2134
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    I do hate the lot system though. People don't understand how it should be used yet.
    What ever happened to that whole gradual progression/token system talk I remember hearing about?

    >_>

    (not that I care about low level dungeon drops, but FFA and need/greed being based on what job you had to come on is not gonna fly)

  15. #2135
    Chram
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,765
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Had 30 minutes or so to spare. Hopped on, queued for a dungeon as gladiator. Got one within seconds, finished dungeon with no problems and went on to do some real life stuff. Loving it.

    One of the best thing I liked about WoW. Glad XIV have the same system.

  16. #2136
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,205
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Skai View Post
    Had 30 minutes or so to spare. Hopped on, queued for a dungeon as gladiator. Got one within seconds, finished dungeon with no problems and went on to do some real life stuff. Loving it.

    One of the best thing I liked about WoW. Glad XIV have the same system.
    I am >>literally<< unable to make friends from doing dungeons, the only grouping content in the game until the level cap, when "raids" exist(who knows if they'll be doable with dungeon finder too?), meaning actually interacting with people in an environment that requires any ounce of communication and teamwork with players having to actually work together and talk to each other doesn't allow you to keep your ~30 min of social time and expand on it. You can't take your fun social interaction you had and be better friends, and do more things with them. You are completely and utterly unable to. The game does not allow it. You are not allowed to let your friendship grow and foster, meaning no one will talk or try to interact with anyone because they KNOW they won't ever see them again and they can't continue the conversation or be better friends, making every run the same as playing with NPC's in a single player game. Hell, my NPC's in single player games talk more than people in dungeon finder games do, and say more interesting things too, so I can't even say that. This is a great feature? Why am I not just playing a single player game if I cannot make friends to enjoy the game with?

    All for instant gratification convenience?

    Ran a DF party through Hali today, cleared in no time. No deaths, no one talked. It was f'n great.

    I don't see the problem.

    I do hate the lot system though. People don't understand how it should be used yet.
    Why aren't you playing a single player game? You were happy nobody talked in a massively multiplayer online role playing game. You could get the same from a single player game using NPC's.

  17. #2137
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,399
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Oh man, people are so bad at Ifrit. Going to be a miracle if I manage to clear this in a pug.

  18. #2138
    It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,327
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Why aren't you playing with RL friends? Or people in your LS/FC? If your in a situation where you have none or their busy or not on, yet you want to clear content then use the DF for what it's intended for, grouping with other people in the same situation who want/need to clear the same content and get it done. You keep whining about not being able to be besties with some random from another server that you wouldn't have even been able to meet if it wasn't for the DF in the first place.

    If you want to socialize and make friends and engage in meaningful life conversations then do so, with people who are already on the same server as you. Add them to your FL and enlist them in joining you in your virtual adventures.

    Tells in instances and shit like that should be changed but not being able to friend somebody you may never randomly play with again isn't anything to cry about. You can still talk to anyone in your party during the dungeon run the DF isn't forcing you or them to not talk they arw choosing to.

  19. #2139
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    997
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Headspace View Post
    How do I unlock Hali?
    Kinda late, but I was searching for this today as well. The quests starts in the Walking Sands to the left before you get to Minifilia's room.

  20. #2140
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,205
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchDizzle View Post
    Why aren't you playing with RL friends? Or people in your LS/FC? If your in a situation where you have none or their busy or not on, yet you want to clear content then use the DF for what it's intended for, grouping with other people in the same situation who want/need to clear the same content and get it done. You keep whining about not being able to be besties with some random from another server that you wouldn't have even been able to meet if it wasn't for the DF in the first place.

    If you want to socialize and make friends and engage in meaningful life conversations then do so, with people who are already on the same server as you. Add them to your FL and enlist them in joining you in your virtual adventures.

    Tells in instances and shit like that should be changed but not being able to friend somebody you may never randomly play with again isn't anything to cry about. You can still talk to anyone in your party during the dungeon run the DF isn't forcing you or them to not talk they arw choosing to.
    Overworld content has zero party content, there is no party content outside dungeons, that is where all the social interaction occurs. With dungeon finder, you can no longer have these social interactions or make friends because you cannot ever talk to them again outside the dungeon or add them to your friend list.

    IRL friends? Seriously, how many IRL friends would YOU want to play a MMO with? Also, how many do you think actually PLAY MMO's? Or even play the same games you do? How about the same exact playtime? Playing classes that fit perfectly into a 4 man dungeon or 8 man raid? Out of mine, one does, and she plays Star Trek Online and is super casual, and bad. I would never want to play with her. IRL friends are for IRL things. I also shouldn't be forced to bring IRL friends into a game just to have someone to play with, that's "theme park" territory, where you go to a theme park with friends and have fun in it with friends. No one goes to a theme park to make friends. Even ignoring all that, I enjoy making friends for things I enjoy doing, making new friends, and finding new cool people to hang out with. Not everyone has the luxury of bringing in tons of people to play a MMO with them, I have my boyfriend who I play MMO's with, and very very rarely a few friends. 2-4 people cannot run raids or dungeons(FF14 is an exception here, but you'd have to play the perfect class comp and playtimes, which pretty much never happens, plus this is dungeons only), and cannot do most of the content in a typical MMO. So I want to make more friends to play the game with, because MMO's are ALL about friends, they are MUCH less fun without good friends to enjoy it with. Many things are like this.

    Why don't I go with my LS/FC? How the fuck do I have a LS/FC if I don't know anyone on my server and haven't interacted with anyone, and can't form a group of friends or meet anyone if the only social interaction part of the game is cross-server in a game with no cross-server friend lists/tells/on demand party invites? Do you honestly expect me to just join random shout guilds full of a very few people who probably have no common interest in me or aren't the type of player I enjoy playing with until I eventually find like-minded players? That's insane, I have to literally go out of my way to find a LS/FC or make friends inside the game. Why? Because Duty finder exists.

    Without duty finder, I can play through the game, and run dungeons as intended, enjoying myself, having fun, doing the best part of the game, progressing my character, and meeting tons of cool players(hopefully) that I can actually continue to run dungeons with, continue conversations with, and add to my friend list.

    I wouldn't be able to meet someone from another server without Duty finder? How exactly is this a positive? I cannot keep talking to the, I cannot keep running dungeons from them, and I cannot add them to my friend list. They are basically a NPC, a robot, a part of the game, they are no longer human because the the boundaries that exist that do not allow me to foster my friendship and do more things with them and talk to them more. I am basically told by the game "you can talk to people during the run, but after, don't ever think about talking to them again. That tells me I shouldn't waste my time even trying to talk to them or be friendly, because I can't move that friendship forward. This tells everyone this, eventually, and dungeons start becoming glorified single player RPG"s with NPC's. Do you expect me to ask everyone to add me on Skype/MSN/AIM after every run? So then what, I can do absolutely fuck all with them because cross-server technology for on demand parties/grouping does not exist?

Page 107 of 163 FirstFirst ... 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 ... LastLast