1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 34 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 34 minutes
Page 147 of 163 FirstFirst ... 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 ... LastLast
Results 2921 to 2940 of 3249
  1. #2921
    A. Body
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,167
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    To be fair the biggest "bads" are the gullible soles who believe anything on here not Mr. Churchill.



    You act like I'm the only legacy player going into ARR without a relic. Is that meant to be a bad thing? I barely even played the last 6 months of 1.0.
    i dont have a relic

  2. #2922
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    288
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Satu Rhean
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Quote Originally Posted by shidobu View Post
    i dont have a relic
    I only have a Luminary.

  3. #2923
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    I have a swimsuit, no relic... good enough!

  4. #2924
    I like to eat food
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,064
    BG Level
    8

    The amount of stupid amazed me this past weekend.

    I had three MRD that ignored Overpower completely. One that would not get hate on any mob other than the first one he attacked, even after it goes to the CNJ. Had one that cross-classed Flash and would use it from a distance to try to pull. At least that one listen to my suggestion and started using Tomahawk to pull and Flash when they gathered. Still didn't use Overpower.

    Had a THM that would only use Fire II and Blizzard II, even on Ichorous Ire. They killed the bomb several times until they had three people yelling at them to stop using AoE. Oh, but they wouldn't kill it with Blizz II because they just spammed that while standing completely out of range next to the CNJ. Didn't hit a damn thing with that spell once even after I told them it was centered around themselves.

    Had a CNJ just suddenly drop immediately because a bomb self-destructed and killed a THM and MRD. They ran back within a minute to continue and the CNJ already dropped. Ending up getting a WHM by chance and finished the dungeon without any other problems.

    Last, but not least; had a ARC that decided he would kite mobs around and continued to aggro other mobs in the process. I was just surprised he didn't die. He was lucky the GLA was a FFXI LS member of mine that was competent and for some reason was being nice.

    I hope it doesn't stay as awful as it is right now for the higher leveled dungeons, but I know that's just wishful thinking.

  5. #2925
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    424
    BG Level
    4

    Does ach have high burst damage thing? They seem to pull off hate rather easily.

  6. #2926
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    Archer? Aren't they one of the lowest-DPS DD jobs? I only played ARC to 17, and even pushing myself, I couldn't pull hate off a good tank (though I was only using an NQ bow).

    Were you playing with some bad tanks?

  7. #2927
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,242
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Yeah. At the moment, they have some of the highest DPS too. It's a bit of a combination of not having to move and pretty strong abilities.

    Archer? Aren't they one of the lowest-DPS DD jobs? I only played ARC to 17, and even pushing myself, I couldn't pull hate off a good tank (though I was only using an NQ bow).

    Were you playing with some bad tanks?
    You were not playing Archer properly or you were not geared enough. Archer actually is considered very close to top DPS. It's as I said a moment ago, Archer doesn't need to do position based attacks, they don't need to avoid AoE, and they actually have really strong attacks.

  8. #2928
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    Wow, that's interesting to hear. Of all the classes encountered through the duty finder, I encountered ARC the least, and I never noticed anyone pulling hate. I expected it to be shit-tier damage.

  9. #2929
    It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,327
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    My wife plays Archer and shes the only one who has ever pulled hate off me while tanking, and usually at the begining of the fight if I slack a little.

  10. #2930
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,133
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    Basing it on Duty Finder probably isn't the best case. I ended up tanking a shitton as Pugilist in Duty Finder groups.
    @Raldo obvi

  11. #2931
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    /shrug That's all I had to go off of. My friends leveled PGL + THM, and I leveled CNJ+MRD+LNC (all on a character that got nuked, yeah I was bored).

  12. #2932
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    424
    BG Level
    4

    This is why I've brought up the question, as top DDer, you'd expect archer to spend the points on dex. However, considering the advanced job is actually brd, would you rather spend the stat points on others?

  13. #2933
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    Surely you'd want to throw the points in DEX to make up for the -20% damage hit you take when singing a song, no?

  14. #2934
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,133
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaope View Post
    This is why I've brought up the question, as top DDer, you'd expect archer to spend the points on dex. However, considering the advanced job is actually brd, would you rather spend the stat points on others?
    Why would being on BRD change the stats you want? Are you suggesting PIE instead of DEX for more MP or something?

  15. #2935
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelenae View Post
    Announcement when there is a player that is challenging the content for the first time
    I really want this to be a big, floating, graphic "NOOB" indicator that floats over the player in question the entire run.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaope View Post
    This is why I've brought up the question, as top DDer, you'd expect archer to spend the points on dex. However, considering the advanced job is actually brd, would you rather spend the stat points on others?
    Keep in mind that Archer will eventually get another job besides Bard somewhere down the line. Perhaps something less supporty and more DD/debuffy-y. (Ranger, Hunter, Sniper, etc.)

  16. #2936
    CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,994
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

    After playing all the DPS at lower levels I would say ARC is easily #1 deeps 15-25 at least. After that other DPS start to get scarier (LNC not getting shoryuken til 26, etc). I'm sure it'll be a very different game at 50 though.

  17. #2937
    The Real Cookiemonster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Have they said (or have anyone tested) anything with regards to what happens to a free company that falls below the minimum amount of members to be created at a later point, wondering if it'd be possible for a small clique to grab an extra person to fit the minimum criteria to get it going, then have that person leave and keep the FC going building housing etc.?

  18. #2938
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,300
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Why would being on BRD change the stats you want? Are you suggesting PIE instead of DEX for more MP or something?
    There are hypothetical raid setups floating around which involve two BRDs per PT stacking PIE (for MP) to be able to fulltime Paeons during long fights.

    I imagine he's referring to that, idk. He could just be confused about the DD stat for BRD.

  19. #2939
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    Do we know how much MP 1 point of PIE gives a BRD at 50 and/or how much MP a bard song costs per tick at 50?

    Something tells me you could throw all 30 points into PIE and get like... 9~15 extra seconds.

  20. #2940
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,133
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    If it's analogous to HP it'd be 1 PIE for 15 MP; however since shit is down I can't say I've tested, no.

    Nor was my Bard high enough to do shit but Ballad; and I didn't really care enough to play my Legacy bro during Beta.

Page 147 of 163 FirstFirst ... 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 ... LastLast