1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 23 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 5 days, 6 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 1 days, 3 hours, 23 minutes
Page 33 of 163 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 3249
  1. #641
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    I'm confused, if you couldn't run out of TP what's the point in having TP?

    It's a limited resource, you manage it's use.

  2. #642
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1
    BG Level
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by lancaster View Post

    numbers
    First post for me here :D

    I wish we knew more about Bards tp song.

  3. #643
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by lancaster View Post
    Standing around waiting is the worst kind of TP management possible though. Paeon would need to regen over 600 per minute to reach any kind of parity where you can fight for ~5 minutes. I'm going to draft a post about TP starvation and see if I can work in a suggestion to implement player-controlled TP regen through throttled damage on new combo finishers.
    I don't mean stand around waiting I mean...pace yourself. As in slow down? That's always an option and considering what Yoshi has said and implied about the battle system that seems pretty set in stone.

  4. #644
    Impossiblu
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,445
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Only major criticism I can put out from the time I spent with the game is thus:

    Your character turning in place without moving their legs at all if you use your RMB is a huge immersion breaker.


    There's other things too, but I'm sure it'll all be addressed. Game's come such an astoundingly long way that it'd be silly of me to assume that such small things won't be ironed out by the time of release.


    P.S. turtle death animation is probably the saddest thing ever and completing that Hunt was the hardest thing I ever had to do in an MMO due to it

  5. #645
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,324
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I'm confused, if you couldn't run out of TP what's the point in having TP?

    It's a limited resource, you manage it's use.
    It's a question of player agency. I would rather not play a game that allows me to alt-tab and browse forums between actions. TP management through inactivity and TP management through activity are wholly different. Also, the way skill lists are currently set up with DoTs, +damage debuffs, and self-buffs, if a player wants to do the highest theoretical DPS, s/he needs to force as many higher-potency actions into those windows of opportunity before needing to refresh the DoTs, debuffs, and self-buffs. Endgame combat shouldn't feel like petting kittens, it should feel like juggling chainsaws and kittens.

    I want to be able to run out of TP if I faceroll. I want the game to incentivize intelligent, sometimes improvisational, combat skill selection to allow me to sustain combat.

  6. #646
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by lancaster View Post
    It's a question of player agency. I would rather not play a game that allows me to alt-tab and browse forums between actions. TP management through inactivity and TP management through activity are wholly different. Also, the way skill lists are currently set up with DoTs, +damage debuffs, and self-buffs, if a player wants to do the highest theoretical DPS, s/he needs to force as many higher-potency actions into those windows of opportunity before needing to refresh the DoTs, debuffs, and self-buffs. Endgame combat shouldn't feel like petting kittens, it should feel like juggling chainsaws and kittens.

    I want to be able to run out of TP if I faceroll. I want the game to incentivize intelligent, sometimes improvisational, combat skill selection to allow me to sustain combat.
    Agreed, but what you proposed is pretty unrealistic given the time left and what balancing checks/bugs need to be ironed out (post-release I think it'd be too late to change how TP operates). Also, proposing what you asked will probably get every OF retard clamouring for TP regen through Auto Attacks again.

  7. #647
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    85
    BG Level
    2
    FFXIV Character
    Sakura Kinomoto
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

    Quote Originally Posted by Ardrial View Post
    Super long :3
    I don't know if people know this, but there's a huge jumbo thread on the Beta forums with stuff people have requested, and what their plans are for fixing it.

    You mentioned a lot of UI-related stuff, and I just wanted you to know that literally everything you mentioned is going to be fixed in Beta Phase 4 or Post-launch. (Most is addressed in 4)

    If you care, go to this link for the UI section of fixes.

  8. #648
    Bard-turned-Miner
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,648
    BG Level
    7

    I have a less-wide MMO experience than many here, but wouldn't it be logical that as the cap goes up beyond 50 TP management will only become more important as a skill? GCD will continue to be less while there will be more options (presumably higher level options costing more TP) to manage. As much a "problem" as this is, it could just be part of the longer term plan, no?

  9. #649
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    I don't know if people know this, but there's a huge jumbo thread on the Beta forums with stuff people have requested, and what their plans are for fixing it.

    You mentioned a lot of UI-related stuff, and I just wanted you to know that literally everything you mentioned is going to be fixed in Beta Phase 4 or Post-launch. (Most is addressed in 4)

    If you care, go to this link for the UI section of fixes.
    I think I speak for a lot of us when I say we're well aware, we just want to talk about stuff while maintaining our sanity.

  10. #650
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    Some people are really trashing the game's graphics. Is it just me or are these people completely insane?

    I see some work still needs to be done especially on ATI cards, but other than that it seems like this game is being compared to the witcher 2 graphics wise. <_<

  11. #651
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Most of the graphic complaints are really stupid, hardly any of them are due to the technical quality. It's all shit like, "My hair doesn't blow in the wind like a pretty princess THE GRAPHICS SUX PLZ FIX".

  12. #652
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    14,680
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Some people are really trashing the game's graphics. Is it just me or are these people completely insane?

    I see some work still needs to be done especially on ATI cards, but other than that it seems like this game is being compared to the witcher 2 graphics wise. <_<
    Either insane or videophiles. You can't really debate with video/audio/etc - philes.

  13. #653
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Most of the graphic complaints are really stupid, hardly any of them are due to the technical quality. It's all shit like, "My hair doesn't blow in the wind like a pretty princess THE GRAPHICS SUX PLZ FIX".
    When I was on the airship, my hair wasn't blowing, only my robes.. WTF IS THIS MADNESS~!?!@#!#

    ALSO THE GRASS! THE DANDYLIONS IN LL AREA IS FLAT WHEN YOU ZOOM UP ON THEM...! I DEMAND JUSTICE DONE WITH THE GRASS! (also pixels)

    also...

    http://forum.neko-sentai.com/attachm...9&d=1371323048

    ( ゚Д゚)y─┛~~


    ┓(´_`)┏

  14. #654
    Death by snoo snoo
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    22,117
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    There were quite a few posts in the cesspool about PS3 graphics looking terrible. Don't know what they were expecting.

  15. #655
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,133
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    the "not a bug forum" creation just made me spit out my drink

  16. #656
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,264
    BG Level
    7

    Those are some huge Tits. All of my money.

  17. #657
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    Those are some huge Tits. All of my money.
    One the first (and somewhat complex) FFXIV modding, unfortunately atm, tis not exactly something the average user would be doing but is a start...! (apparently it works very well ingame, and jiggles more so the larger they are...)

  18. #658
    A. Body
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,167
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    One the first (and somewhat complex) FFXIV modding, unfortunately atm, tis not exactly something the average user would be doing but is a start...! (apparently it works very well ingame, and jiggles more so the larger they are...)
    me and you are gonna get along just fine...

  19. #659
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    795
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Stanislaw Ziolkowski
    FFXIV Server
    Durandal

    Quote Originally Posted by shidobu View Post
    me and you are gonna get along just fine...
    /stares at Avatar

    I kinda figured.

  20. #660
    Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Posts
    3,494
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    173

    Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    I can finally achieve my dream of catgirls with M cup boobs!

Page 33 of 163 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast