1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 46 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -4 hours, -47 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 13 hours, 46 minutes
Page 41 of 163 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 820 of 3249
  1. #801
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,264
    BG Level
    7

    Will be extra hard to sell that HQ Haubergeon Triple Meld I just made since I just put it on, man that Spiritbond and Durability will never go back to the way it was now. Materia price is gonna flat bottom so fast now, since I couldn't ever possibly sell this triple meld, therefore no market for Materia since its so easy to get, and it doesn't break ever.

    Spoiler: show
    |:

  2. #802
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    249
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    I still don't understand what's supposed to happen to the melded gear market. If all gear is now essentially BoE, materia prices and especially melded gear prices are going to go WAY down.
    Materia prices may go up since they have made gear take longer to spiritbond. Granted they also made it much easier to actually obtain the type of materia you want, so maybe it'll be a wash. I think we may just need to wait and see what sort of time investment we're looking at to get those grade 5 materia items spiritbound.

  3. #803
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,103
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Upper tier materia will be at a premium as gear doesn't break on attempt, so people will spam multimelds to hit triple.

  4. #804
    WHO DAT NATION
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    126
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    I would just say fuck the line and go to wherever it was going. I missed the phase this weekend due to going out of town for family wedding, but I wouldn't stand in a line in game... lol...

    EDIT: Only because it just in phase. My name will be different on release date so they wouldn't know who the asshole was that just ran in front of everyone. BTW, what was that line leading to?

    EDIT 2: Also did anyone take any PS3 screenshots? I was hearing from a few people that it didn't look near as good as PC.

  5. #805
    Bagel
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,352
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    Will be extra hard to sell that HQ Haubergeon Triple Meld I just made since I just put it on, man that Spiritbond and Durability will never go back to the way it was now. Materia price is gonna flat bottom so fast now, since I couldn't ever possibly sell this triple meld, therefore no market for Materia since its so easy to get, and it doesn't break ever.

    Spoiler: show
    |:
    Not necessarily. Yoshi said that All pieces of gear can be converted to any type of materia. DD gears have higher chance at producing DD related materias but we all know how that will work. Convert your 3 cracked materias on that hauberk to skill speed ones. If the amount of skill speed is signifact, keep it. If not, sell it to the misinformed.

  6. #806
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,687
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Evane View Post
    Not necessarily. Yoshi said that All pieces of gear can be converted to any type of materia. DD gears have higher chance at producing DD related materias but we all know how that will work. Convert your 3 cracked materias on that hauberk to skill speed ones. If the amount of skill speed is signifact, keep it. If not, sell it to the misinformed.
    Pretty sure he's just being sarcastic, though I'm not sure what his point was.

  7. #807
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,687
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkor View Post
    Materia prices may go up since they have made gear take longer to spiritbond. Granted they also made it much easier to actually obtain the type of materia you want, so maybe it'll be a wash.
    A significant portion of the worth of melded gear was the resale value; used gear now has zero resale value. Similarly, unless you're buying materia to meld into a piece of gear you have no intention of using yourself, materia also has zero resale value (or rather, cannot add resale value to gear that cannot be resold).

    I don't know the precise spiritbonding speed now, but offhand, the fact that a) nearly all of the completely useless Coeurl Knuckle III-type materia has been eliminated and b) gear now converts to materia relevant to the classes that can equip it should more than offset the slower SB speed. The loss in resale ability is more substantial.

  8. #808
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    873
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Savage Might materia is going to cost so much . . . .

  9. #809
    Bagel
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,352
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Pretty sure he's just being sarcastic, though I'm not sure what his point was.
    Didn't follow the conversation from its beginning s he might be. Just to clarify, spirit bond gauge will be reset for all the items at release.

  10. #810
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,821
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Not sure which is the best thread to stick this in here, but, what driver are most people using for their PS3 controller? I'm using Motion Joy but I've never been a big fan of it; any good alternatives or is it still pretty much the one to go to?

  11. #811
    Bagel
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,352
    BG Level
    6

    I looked for alternatives but couldn't find any. Ended up buying a Logitech controller, no regrets.

  12. #812
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,687
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    I hear Xbox 360 controllers work (either wired or with the wireless dongle), but I haven't verified it yet.

  13. #813
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,710
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

    Was hoping for a release date for test 2 of phase 3 today but still no luck =/ Official forums still have it TBA
    Definitely enjoyed the ps3 version but i wish there was a way to take screenshots without a keyboard as i dont own one currently.

    nevermind. Found it/
    June 21, 2013 (Friday), 2:00 a.m. to June 23, 2013 (Sunday), 2:00 a.m. (PDT)
    June 21, 2013 (Friday), 9:00 a.m. to June 23, 2013 (Sunday), 9:00 a.m. (GMT)

  14. #814
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    The date is there on Beta forums, lol. Same time as last weekend (which means I'm gonna miss 3/4 of it, boohoo)

  15. #815
    It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,327
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    I hear Xbox 360 controllers work (either wired or with the wireless dongle), but I haven't verified it yet.
    They work perfectly.

  16. #816
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    62
    BG Level
    2
    FFXIV Character
    Kiki Tsakiki
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Not sure which is the best thread to stick this in here, but, what driver are most people using for their PS3 controller? I'm using Motion Joy but I've never been a big fan of it; any good alternatives or is it still pretty much the one to go to?
    I switched to the Scarlet Crush drivers and have been very happy. All the problems/irritations I had had with Motionjoy were solved by this.

    Link: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInpu...DS2-Controller

  17. #817
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,687
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Are you talking about wireless PS3 controllers? Do they use standard bluetooth or do you need a special dongle?

  18. #818
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,852
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Are you talking about wireless PS3 controllers? Do they use standard bluetooth or do you need a special dongle?
    Even using it with cable, DS3 needs special drivers/tools to work on PS. As for the dongle, from what I heard a standard one works.

  19. #819
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    249
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    A significant portion of the worth of melded gear was the resale value; used gear now has zero resale value. Similarly, unless you're buying materia to meld into a piece of gear you have no intention of using yourself, materia also has zero resale value (or rather, cannot add resale value to gear that cannot be resold).

    I don't know the precise spiritbonding speed now, but offhand, the fact that a) nearly all of the completely useless Coeurl Knuckle III-type materia has been eliminated and b) gear now converts to materia relevant to the classes that can equip it should more than offset the slower SB speed. The loss in resale ability is more substantial.
    Agreed. I'm not at all in disagreement about the resale market being scrapped by this change.

    Your point,
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    If all gear is now essentially BoE, materia prices and especially melded gear prices are going to go WAY down.
    may be off though, because the materia market supply is likely to change. Yes, you won't be able to resell that triple-meld you used, but that would also have the effect of increasing the demand for tier-5 materia since any that gets used will be gone from the market.

    The melded gear market may not be changed much, because players may still want to buy that gear, and the fact that you can't resell it will pull all of the used gear out of the market for good, thus increasing the demand. This all hinges on the melded gear being worthwhile to use over dungeon drops of course and I haven't gone through the dat farmed gear stats yet so I'm just speculating.

    Also keep in mind, people may burn through materia trying to get a fully-melded piece, depending on the success rate SE have implemented on the pieces with the most materia slots, and just how many slots there are. With the risk of losing your gear gone, there's no reason to hesitate going for that extra meld since you're only losing the materia with a failure. Melded gear may also become more in demand depending on the different fights, since you may want to meld different materia in a piece depending on the fight; again it's just speculation since we don't have any idea what things will look like at end-game.

    The SB/Materia changes may not affect the market since:
    - SE removed the completely worthless materia, potentially making all material worthwhile in some way.
    - made the most desirable materia potentially more difficult to obtain due to longer SB requirements, and the fact you can't get used melded gear.
    - potentially made a lower supply of materia because once that gear is used, it's gone from the market.



    Apologies if this is a mess and jumps from one point to another, but I tend to move thoughts around as I go, and it may not flow as well as I originally thought.

  20. #820
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    Has anyone looked at what xivdb has mined for the stats of the White Ravens? What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu


    I hope that's wrong (and I don't even have them).

Page 41 of 163 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 ... LastLast