1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 43 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 14 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 2 days, 19 hours, 43 minutes
Page 61 of 163 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 ... LastLast
Results 1201 to 1220 of 3249
  1. #1201
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    My Legacy, which i forgot I had, Is like a level ~20 PUG, Not much on him just fiddled around with the game back then... Got the Swimsuit though and all my crap is Weathered. Might Transfer it, or just keep it on the legacy for the hell of it, IDK yet.
    1.0 characters can't transfer to any non-legacy servers for an unspecified amount of time after launch (usually ~6 months is thrown around).

    Anyone without jobs (especially crafts) at 50 or close to it is probably better off making a new character really. Unless you're super attached to your event gear or something.

    Getting my 1.0 character in order come launch is gonna be a fucking massive headache, 7 classes, 7 jobs, 7 DoH, 1 DoL, all of which I'll need to make macros, hotbar layouts, and gear sets for as well as do a bunch of menial low level fetch quests to unlock skills.

    At least DoH gear seems to have been standardized (I noticed Dodore doublet was all classes now, yay).

  2. #1202
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,038
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

    Quote Originally Posted by Anakron View Post
    Do you guys find the Hunting Logs worth doing? I was almost 20 by the time I noticed I missed a couple level 8 mobs, so I didn't get any credits for the 11-19 mobs.

    It seems like a good concept, but I dunno if I'd want to take a break from quests just to go around and hunt down these guys if they're in the other zones.
    Hunts are very very very worth it.

    Most of the mobs you fight accidentally anyway so there is no reason to not complete them. The EXP is huge as well, regardless your level. You get atleast 10% of your exp bar from one hunt, not to mention the massive exp for completing a set.

    On topic of Legacy characters I only had a level 20 Archer but I wish I could take his crystals 500+ of each crystal. I could PL every craft so fucking high with that

  3. #1203
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Re: dungeon exping

    In all fairness, T2 dungeons give almost the same exp as T1 dungeons which means 23~29 it's a horrible way to EXP. Grinding fates was WAY faster through those levels.

    I'm happy that manor the EXP was adjusted though.

  4. #1204
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,631
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

    I already submitted a full bug report, but did anyone else end up getting stuck on the instance server at all? Normally I never encounter bugs that are actually worthwhile, and I thought it was funny that I ended up finding one the first weekend I actually had time to play.

    Went in to copperbell mines and turned into a level 0 ??? job with all items in my armory gone/deleted. Tried to re-log, didn't work. Tried to exit the instance, and then I got a "Connection with server was lost". And I wasn't able to log in to my character for the rest of my test. Was pretty funny to see him get lost in the void, RIP. Friend happened to screenshot it.

    Spoiler: show

  5. #1205
    Bagel
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,352
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    That's pretty lame considering you do not need a tank to do any of the 3 starter dungeons.
    Exactly. Because the game revolves around the first three dungeons.

  6. #1206
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Evane View Post
    Exactly. Because the game revolves around the first three dungeons.
    I tanked everything from T1 dungeons through ifrit and T2 dungeons on PGL, but my roommate is my CNJ. Only did each thing 1-2x as PGL tank for proof of concept but yeah, and we get paper armor.

    It is a bit silly.

  7. #1207
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    I tanked everything from T1 dungeons through ifrit and T2 dungeons on PGL, but my roommate is my CNJ. Only did each thing 1-2x as PGL tank for proof of concept but yeah, and we get paper armor.

    It is a bit silly.
    Does PGL get an AOE/Cone hit ability? I can't see any other way you'd tank the spots where you're handling like 5 monsters.

  8. #1208
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    Pug does not until 26, which is too high for 2/3 of the T2 dungeons, so he either had lots of sleeping going on or some sick micro for counter-spam on adds and a pro healer, which is still possible.

    My well-geared pug was excellent for tanking the off add during boss fights and such, but there's no way I would have wanted to tanked the full load myself. Pug shits on anything lower level than it because pugs evade everything and just melt faces with haymaker, but that really doesn't apply for higher level bosses.

  9. #1209
    Bagel
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,352
    BG Level
    6

    Low level dungeons are in no way a measure of the game's difficulty. In pervious tests LNC was the only DoW available and it tanked fine, doesn't mean you won't need a tank ever again as long as LNC is in your PT.

  10. #1210
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    I set Flash from GLA on my PGL so it was a bit cheating but yeah,.

  11. #1211
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Evane View Post
    Low level dungeons are in no way a measure of the game's difficulty. In pervious tests LNC was the only DoW available and it tanked fine, doesn't mean you won't need a tank ever again as long as LNC is in your PT.
    Also doesn't mean all content should be locked out to you on DF when plenty of it can be done fine without.

    It will never affect me, I'm starting with so many XI and rl friends that DF will never be used. Doesn't mean it isn't a silly implementation. If people want to go wipe to a lv40 dungeon as 4x blm let them do it.

  12. #1212
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    ^ I agree to a point, but what happens when one of those blms actually wants a traditional party to get shit done, while three are fine with experimenting. The one that wants it either has to leave or suffers through 3 hours of wipes.

    Setting a baseline is fine for a cross-server dungeon system; a system that's designed to get people through dungeons as quickly as possible and with as few issues as possible. Wonky class setups that will require more individual skill from the player should be left out of a system designed to ferry people through at a reasonable pace.

    You and I, though, Sath, can crazy it up with dual pug dual conj setups. Everyone nukes and everyone lives.

  13. #1213
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,300
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

    You can keep hate by using nothing but Flash so I'm not really surprised you were able to tank on PGL with a good healer.

    Flash is actually my biggest complaint about tanking in this game. Every time I tried to be creative things would go worse than when I focused on spamming Flash. It wasn't exactly fun. Tanking got more fun in the later dungeons at least (after getting Rage of Halone) but still, I'd like tabbing/targetting and smart usage of skills to be more rewarding than spamming a single AoE skill.

    I enjoyed all the defensive skills you can get as a tank, however. No cooldown on Shield Bash is also pretty amusing when you have multiple mobs.

  14. #1214
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Meh, I guess it goes both ways, yeah. We haven't seen DF in action though have we?

    Some small toggle switch in it to have : "traditional party" or "punch all tha dix" seems like it wouldn't be that bad. I'm sure there will eventually be stuff where pld whm dd dd isn't the best way to run something as well.

    And for the record I'm obviously going PLD main at launch. So it doesn't affect me there either. Sometimes melee burning shit is more fun though.

  15. #1215
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    ^ Whatever it is, "we'll" make it, just like "we" made /nin tank and everything else. Devs put the tools in; players create the actual "game" through what they stumble upon and experiment with.

  16. #1216
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,710
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

    Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    hope so...! that was the thing that slowed me down the most.


    This is not exactly the most exciting thing to be doing to get a group for an instance.

    http://www.neko-sentai.com/images12n...0-00-58-68.jpg


    This however, could be more interesting pass time
    Why is the tail censored....

    Anyway two problems with the way ffxiv is now.

    During NM fates, when trying to lowman them, some idiot will come in, get aggro, sees hes about to die, and run out of the fate. Nm chases him and runs to zone and then runs back to middle despite you chasing it the whole way there, goes back to middle and IMMEDIATELY gets full hp, no matter what. Invunerable status on the way there as well.

    Other problem was during my 21 hour marathon ps3 gaming spree, sometimes i would open the menu, and click teleport, and the game would completely restarted and boot me back to the dashboard. this happened 7x friday. and then once on saturday by clicking something else.

    Also, i had no problems with a thm healing me on glad for the first dungeon, he event managed to do a bit of damage. Overall tanking and healing is fun in this game.

  17. #1217
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,116
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    is it just me or is it really annoying and way too easy to lose your party members on screen with a bunch of other players?

    never had the prob with ffxi cause the names of your pt members were a different color from other players, but it seems like the color tones are not much different, if at all in this game.

  18. #1218
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    One of my biggest gripes was sometimes when leaving duty the party lead would change. So if someone went afk thinking you were gonna handle shit but really they had lead it's a problem.

    Minor one but still annoying.

  19. #1219
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    I think they're addressing both of those. Both are valid.

  20. #1220
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    157
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    One of my biggest gripes was sometimes when leaving duty the party lead would change. So if someone went afk thinking you were gonna handle shit but really they had lead it's a problem.

    Minor one but still annoying.
    When I was healing I got used to the tank (or whoever) being in a certain party spot to target for healing him and then it all gets switched around. Aggravating as hell but I guess it keeps me on my toes.

Page 61 of 163 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 ... LastLast