1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 58 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 4 days, 17 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 1 days, 16 hours, 58 minutes
Page 88 of 163 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 138 ... LastLast
Results 1741 to 1760 of 3249
  1. #1741
    CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,994
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

    With enough CP it's definitely possible to drag it on that long, looks like we need some adjustments to the system. Works great at low level so hopefully whatever they change doesn't impact the process too much.

  2. #1742
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,205
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Frein View Post
    There is a nasty bug in Halatali that causes the final boss script to not always trigger, so you probably experienced that. Normally he alternates between two phases and constantly spams adds. He's actually like a mixture of the first and second bosses as he has the mechanics of both. The final boss in Brayflox's (sp?) Longstop has a similar issue.
    Yeah all he did was summon adds that didn't seem to do anything and died in 1 hit.

  3. #1743
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Turn 69 on that, gulk? I don't wanna call exploit, but I'm interested to see how you can stretch a single craft out for 69 turns.
    Not hard to do with the abilities available from different professions. Its only possible because of the combination of what looks like 4 crafts at 30+

    Theirs a skill to "recover durability", another skill to "enhance success rate" a ability to "reduce durability loss by 50%" and.. forgot another but it was something like adds free turns or something, I last did crafting in phase 2, but its very possible... and only possible for those currently on legacy.

  4. #1744
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,639
    BG Level
    8

    So what subjobs would people suggest for Gladiator? I was thinking getting the Parry/Evasion skills from Lancer/Pug respectively, perhaps also Second Wind from PUG. Anything else?

  5. #1745
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,205
    BG Level
    6

    Paladin can't use second wind, second wind is pretty meh, parry from DRG is good but I don't think paladin can use it either, 20% def from MRD is godly and paladin can use it, cure is required, protect is amazing, 10% crit and 20% dmg buff from archer is godly outside dungeons and only requires level 4.

  6. #1746
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,330
    BG Level
    9

    That's exactly like the crafting system before, 100% HQ'ing something wasn't very difficult.


    Those rings are also not a very high level synth. If that was an item that took Clusters then it might be broken (but crafted gear is lol so whatevs).

  7. #1747
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    Quote Originally Posted by bori View Post
    So what subjobs would people suggest for Gladiator? I was thinking getting the Parry/Evasion skills from Lancer/Pug respectively, perhaps also Second Wind from PUG. Anything else?
    rng for damage buff for more enmity per hit? Pug for crit? (I hear 2nd wind is crappy, or becomes crappy later?) possibly cng for stoneskin (says 10% of max hp, might be good for big pulls when your going to get mauled by a lot of adds before any CC goes out). MRD for defense 20% buff? I think lnc for 20% parry buff?

  8. #1748
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Paladin can't use second wind, second wind is pretty meh, parry from DRG is good but I don't think paladin can use it either, 20% def from MRD is godly and paladin can use it, cure is required, protect is amazing, 10% crit and 20% dmg buff from archer is godly outside dungeons and only requires level 4.
    You will never cast cure on PLD.

  9. #1749
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    That's exactly like the crafting system before, 100% HQ'ing something wasn't very difficult.


    Those rings are also not a very high level synth. If that was an item that took Clusters then it might be broken (but crafted gear is lol so whatevs).
    For a craft above your level 100% HQ was far from easy or guaranteed.

  10. #1750
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,205
    BG Level
    6

    You cast cure outside of dungeons on gladiator all the time @_@ That might change at higher level but having a spammable heal on a class with relatively high MP and actual in combat MP regen is amazing outside of dungeons.

  11. #1751
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,330
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    For a craft above your level 100% HQ was far from easy or guaranteed.
    Eh, if you say so.

    If you were missing abilities then sure I guess? Once you were Lv47 or so it was pretty easy to HQ almost everything but DS/Rose Gold/Cluster items and even then you could do it at a pretty good clip.

  12. #1752
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    I'm surprised people take so long to figure out Halatali. The first and final boss are a joke, those sprites don't do shit and we usually just blast through those two mobs regardless of what party setup we had (I was playing on GLA with a friend that was on CNJ, and we just picked up 2 random DDs every time we went in.)

    The dragon is a bit more challenging, but we never wiped. The first time it took us about 30 seconds to figure out we should get the hell out of the water and on to the side ramp. The AoE is very easy to dodge, and the lightning elementals die in like 3 hits so just flash those stupid things and let the DDs do their jobs. The second and third runs through the dungeons I think we were already on autopilot and didn't even think about anything, we beat it in probably 15-20 mins each time, clearing every single enemy in the dungeon.

    As for the lv15 story quest, I honestly did struggle until the npc comes in to help you, but maybe it was because I was playing GLA that allowed me to survive. If I recall I had to use a hi potion, but there was no need for an antidote or anything to avoid dying.

    A lot of people I've ran across on my server seem to be ex-XI players, and so they just stand in place and magically expect shit to happen. Well this isn't XI, you have to move out of AoE range, you have to move out of frontal attacks like Heartstopper from enemies that have lances (come on, this can't be that difficult to grasp, there are even specific quests that address this lol).
    Ifrit is the perfect setup fight for people to get used to avoiding Area attacks and moving around during fights, if by then they haven't. It seems to be a battle purely put it in so people learn to pay attention to their surroundings and stop thinking 2-dimensionally like in XI.

    Also one last note, it still bothers me that people don't get that they can fight an enemy I just claimed and still get full xp/full hunting log/quest credit. People just run on to the next mob as if something terrible has happened. Some even sent me angry tells asking why I'm stealing their mobs. -_-

  13. #1753
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,133
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    What the fuck happens if you let the voidlamp (little glowy dots) reach the fire in the first boss fight in Halatali lol? It looked like you obviously didn't want it to happen, so we never let it--but I'm curious if shit explodes or something.

  14. #1754
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    What the fuck happens if you let the voidlamp (little glowy dots) reach the fire in the first boss fight in Halatali lol? It looked like you obviously didn't want it to happen, so we never let it--but I'm curious if shit explodes or something.
    It either explodes for very little damage, or it enhances the boss's attacks or something. Either way we just ignored it every time and took down the bosses before those voidlamps even reached their target.

  15. #1755
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,639
    BG Level
    8

    So a little nostalgia hit when I was fighting goblins. They started doing Bomb Toss, and the first thing I think of is "Quick!!! Run into it's left arm so he has a higher chance of dropping the bomb!" And I just laughed at how I did that all the time (and a lot of others did) back in 2003, and how dumb it was, haha.

  16. #1756
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,687
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Whew man, and people were worried that the market couldn't be flooded with HQ gear, effectively making it worthless to even try to aim for it... good thing there's no way you can just 100% churn it out like a factory in mass, with tons of people doing the same thing to make HQ's... if I recall, someone's named starting with an S was arguing with me about this... *cough*
    As I recall, you were talking about making HQs on non-legacy servers. On legacy servers, of course there will be lots of HQs; there will be many players with multiple LV50 crafts and even the players that don't have multiple LV50s will be able to buy HQ mats from the large number of LV50 gatherers.

    If you can accomplish the same thing with <=1 craft at LV50 while using NQ mats, I will happily agree with you. But on non-legacy servers, you are not likely to see people getting 60+ turns per synth for many moons. Or as you put it:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Its only possible because of the combination of what looks like 4 crafts at 30+

  17. #1757
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    288
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Satu Rhean
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    But on non-legacy servers, you are not likely to see people getting 60+ turns per synth for many moons. Or as you put it:
    New Moon or Full Moon for HQ results!?

  18. #1758
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    13,293
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Eh, if you say so.

    If you were missing abilities then sure I guess? Once you were Lv47 or so it was pretty easy to HQ almost everything but DS/Rose Gold/Cluster items and even then you could do it at a pretty good clip.
    I have every craft at 50 save CUL, you could get 300-350 quality if you were lucky on a craft of that level.

    If you were unlucky, much much less.

  19. #1759
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,038
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

    Quote Originally Posted by bori View Post
    So a little nostalgia hit when I was fighting goblins. They started doing Bomb Toss, and the first thing I think of is "Quick!!! Run into it's left arm so he has a higher chance of dropping the bomb!" And I just laughed at how I did that all the time (and a lot of others did) back in 2003, and how dumb it was, haha.
    I had a similar experience! For my server it was "quick, run behind the goblin so he doesn't see you and in turns misses you with his bomb!" it was a glorious moment I had with myself lol.

  20. #1760
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,270
    BG Level
    6

    Has anyone explored ACC and to-hit mechanics more deeply? Seiken and BG on Guildwork seem to have covered everything but that.

Page 88 of 163 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 138 ... LastLast