1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 31 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 28 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 3 hours, 31 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 6 hours, 28 minutes
Page 93 of 163 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 143 ... LastLast
Results 1841 to 1860 of 3249
  1. #1841
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    I didn't do it on CNJ, but my experience was that subbing cure made the biggest difference in the encounter. They need to do two things: Specially indicate you kill the demon, then the mage, and make it so that the Demon can only cast his Poison WS at a specific % of health, as if it does it 2x, and you don't have cure subbed, you're basically fucked.
    When I did it on thm, I just sat there and dps'ed him down, cure when he poisons, seemed pretty effortless fight really, especially once a NPC comes in and rapes everything for you. Also, the game is already easy, warning circles for aoe's, cast bars on mobs (and they emote/have some aura or whatever when charging something big etc etc)... then again there is some hardcore fail...

    http://forum.neko-sentai.com/attachm...6&d=1372663251

    If I had vent on with them, I would be verbally choking them with as much of my rage as possible (notice how the tank says to kill adds, and all the adds are molesting me while I have to spam heal as they stand in that 200hp/3sec ticking green crap) ლ(ಠ.ಠლ)

  2. #1842
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    24
    BG Level
    1

    I had a tank do the same thing and then tell me I should be healing better.

  3. #1843
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,822
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    None of that is really necessary
    Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Yes please do not spoon feed every encounter. I liked the challenge, leveling up is already so easy.
    Neither address the design flaws in how the encounter is set up. The demon can use his Poison TP move faster then the antidote recast timer, and the mage will almost certainly destroy you if you don't dispatch the demon first, yet the test clearly says, go bitch smack the mage to win, and says nothing about /insertjobhere may be beneficial to your victory chances. It's still lvl 15 content and shouldn't have either problem; people are still learning the game and even if you do know what you're doing RNG will brick wall you when there's just no design reason to do so other then poor design decision. I don't generally regard the masses input, but with so much being said about the encounter, it's an obvious pain point that, honestly, just doesn't have any place this early in the game.

    There's something else that also may be going on, but I'm not exactly sure what/how it may be affecting things, but here goes. When I did the PGL 15 Job Duty quest, on a character that did both quests and story Duty, giving me the lvl 15 gear, I had no problems beating that encounter at lvl 15; it was a practical cake walk. Doing it on another character, who was an alt, and I couldn't find lvl 15 gear, I literally had zero chance of completing it because the NCP dies at the beginning of the last wave. Later, at lvl 16 and some green dungeon gear, I practically steam rolled it like I did on my first character, but I know I wasn't doing that much better, comparatively speaking, then when my alt first dinged 15 and was in ~ lvl 12 gear, as far as the targets I had to kill, but the NPC did exceptionally better. I don't know if the game is scaling the NPC based on your stats, or what it is, but level/gear seemed to have an over all affect on the encounter far greater then what I was actually contributing on my character.

  4. #1844
    Atma Weapon
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    310
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Zadora Madruk
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    When I did it on thm, I just sat there and dps'ed him down, cure when he poisons, seemed pretty effortless fight really, especially once a NPC comes in and rapes everything for you. Also, the game is already easy, warning circles for aoe's, cast bars on mobs (and they emote/have some aura or whatever when charging something big etc etc)... then again there is some hardcore fail...



    If I had vent on with them, I would be verbally choking them with as much of my rage as possible (notice how the tank says to kill adds, and all the adds are molesting me while I have to spam heal as they stand in that 200hp/3sec ticking green crap) ლ(ಠ.ಠლ)
    I grouped with that tank, he insisted that no one stand in the poison on our run lol. On the topic of the L15 quest I did it on pugilist and definitely did not realize I was poisoned the first time, which dropped me very fast. After moving the status bar and putting antidotes on the hot bar it went smoothly. I do like these encounters so far, pugilist l15 class quest had me on about my 10th attempt before I finally had the right gear and focused on mobs correctly.

  5. #1845
    Leader of the Brain Eating Space Monkeys
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    425
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Noticed on Sunday that some people were going form level 1 to 14-15 in one go, any ideas how they are doing this?

  6. #1846
    EL - Airship Pirate
    Airship Captain of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    492
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Aero Ashwind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    1:Complete the storyline present in Beta 3

    2:Talk to these NPCs as predetermined classes
    Swaenhylt in Camp Drybone(Eastern Thanalan) for Thaumaturge
    Wihtred in Hyrstmill(North Shroud) for Conjurer
    Aniud in Hawthorne Hut(East Shroud) above the town for Lancer
    Chechezan in Horizon Camp(Western Thanalan) for Gladiator
    Zacheus in Little Solace (East Shroud) for Archer
    Urswyrst in Moraby Drydocks(Lower Noscea) outside gate near Chocobo Porter for Marauder
    Adelard at the South Hammer(Western Thanalan)(20,27) for Pugilist
    3: $$$profit

  7. #1847
    A. Body
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,167
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by RPGTyrant View Post
    pugilist l15 class quest had me on about my 10th attempt before I finally had the right gear and focused on mobs correctly.
    yes... pugilist lvl 15 can go fuck itself lol... i didnt beat it till lvl 16 after i got dungeon gear also. Crazy thing is i did nothing different on each attempt. The lancer/marauder adds over powered the taru npc before i could finish dpsing mine..

  8. #1848
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    ^ Really? She was beating the ever-loving piss out of hers when I fought it, so much that I felt like I was holding her back.

    Huh.

  9. #1849
    I like to eat food
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,064
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by shidobu View Post
    yes... pugilist lvl 15 can go fuck itself lol... i didnt beat it till lvl 16 after i got dungeon gear also. Crazy thing is i did nothing different on each attempt. The lancer/marauder adds over powered the taru npc before i could finish dpsing mine..
    I beat this on the first try. No problems at all.

    The lv15 Story quests I did at 14PUG with level 12 gear. Died the first time trying to kill the mage, pulled the demon back the second time and had pretty much killed him when the NPC came in.

  10. #1850
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    ^ Really? She was beating the ever-loving piss out of hers when I fought it, so much that I felt like I was holding her back.

    Huh.
    Same here, she even cures you if you get your ass kicked. What a boss.

  11. #1851
    WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,065
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    If I had vent on with them, I would be verbally choking them with as much of my rage as possible (notice how the tank says to kill adds, and all the adds are molesting me while I have to spam heal as they stand in that 200hp/3sec ticking green crap) ლ(ಠ.ಠლ)
    This is the exact same thing that happened to me on CNJ. I was basically tanking all of the adds spamming heal on myself over and over just waiting for them to die. How many taunts do tanks have in XIV? I know in WoW there's at least 2 taunts for each tank class so they can immediately pull hate off of someone. Normally one is AoE as well.

  12. #1852
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    Leave the tank on the boss, the fucking DDs should take care of the adds; that's who I lay the blame on.

    Alternatively, your THM could have easily slept them.

  13. #1853
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,300
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    This is the exact same thing that happened to me on CNJ. I was basically tanking all of the adds spamming heal on myself over and over just waiting for them to die. How many taunts do tanks have in XIV? I know in WoW there's at least 2 taunts for each tank class so they can immediately pull hate off of someone. Normally one is AoE as well.
    There's only one WoW-Taunt (Provoke), it has a ~20 second cooldown and it's single target. However, Flash (AoE enmity) and Overpower (AoE damage) have no cooldown beyond the GCD. There's really no excuse to let adds loose like that.

  14. #1854
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,205
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    This is the exact same thing that happened to me on CNJ. I was basically tanking all of the adds spamming heal on myself over and over just waiting for them to die. How many taunts do tanks have in XIV? I know in WoW there's at least 2 taunts for each tank class so they can immediately pull hate off of someone. Normally one is AoE as well.
    People don't know how to press ONE single button(flash) to keep hate. You only need to do that to keep hate off a healer.

  15. #1855
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,998
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    People don't know how to press ONE single button(flash) to keep hate. You only need to do that to keep hate off a healer.
    That would require the adds to actually be next to the tank, so there's a bit more to it than that, but that tank does need to move out of that poison, so two birds one stone.

  16. #1856
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,300
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

    Moving is hard

  17. #1857
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,205
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    That would require the adds to actually be next to the tank, so there's a bit more to it than that, but that tank does need to move out of that poison, so two birds one stone.
    Well flash is instant cast and the tank can't tank the poison so yeah..that fight is a joke, you just tank on the stairs and pretend none of the mechanics exist.

  18. #1858
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,242
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I did it on To Guard a Guardian on two archers. Honestly the first time I did it won on the first try -- 99% luck.
    On the second archer, I failed because I didn't target the right things during the adds.
    Third time I made sure to kill the left adds first. The right two NPCs are named and don't die easy. So essentially I went left>right>left>right, focused healers first whenever they appeared as they were the reason I lost the previous attempt. That made the beastmen fight a cake. The demon was super easy as long as you have at least one potion or antidote. As soon as he appears I just started kiting him trying my best to do a normal Straight Shot> Heavy spam rotation. I used a potion once I got to around 75% HP to keep it high in case of poison as I forgot to get antidote on the bar. Just kept running and spamming my abilities and if I needed to regen or let potion come off cooldown, I simply used Shadowbind and Sprint and got as far away as possible and kept repeating. Sure DR made each bind last only 4-5 seconds, but I still was able to haul ass. Once he reaches 20% it's virtually won.

    So as an Archer, I think this fight isn't that bad. Leia's Legacy was harder for me (Chocobo egg quest) at that point, but I didn't know I could dodge charged attacks.

  19. #1859
    Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,160
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    This is the exact same thing that happened to me on CNJ. I was basically tanking all of the adds spamming heal on myself over and over just waiting for them to die. How many taunts do tanks have in XIV? I know in WoW there's at least 2 taunts for each tank class so they can immediately pull hate off of someone. Normally one is AoE as well.
    yeah the problem is most people, either don't notice a dam thing about their surroundings when playing (are they playing first person mode or something here?), or react at the speed of snail.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Leave the tank on the boss, the fucking DDs should take care of the adds; that's who I lay the blame on.

    Alternatively, your THM could have easily slept them.
    This would require my thm to be doing something besides nuking and running around like a headless chicken.

  20. #1860
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Same here, she even cures you if you get your ass kicked. What a boss.
    I want more of that questline. Her rival looks like a fucking boss. I tried remaking him in character creation, but I can't capture that sense of "I may be small, but I will literally fuck your shit up. In half" that he conveys with that badass look of his.

Page 93 of 163 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 143 ... LastLast