FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Now I want them to cast MBJ as Supes. The outrage would be delicious.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

One thing to mention on the SUPERMAN front, every time a big role is casting at WB, MBJ’s name is always mentioned going back to that MATRIX reboot that never came to be so tread lightly when it comes to him and this project
    https://twitter.com/krolljvar/status...97556522688512

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Batman Beyond would be an awesome reboot I’d fucks with right now. Other than that, retire the character along with Supes for a bit. There’s only so much brooding and Jesus allegories one can create before causing a smug storm wiping out the west coast.

Batman Beyond with Kevin Conroy as Bruce Wayne. Hell I might even pay to see that if DC could take it's head out of it's ass. I will admit DC has huge potential and I'm somewhat excited about Shazam but beyond that. Stop trying to be Marvel and do your own thing as said above.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I really do wish DC would just tell one-off tales with their superhero roster rather than continuously fail at establishing a shared universe. Everything doesn't need to feed an Infinity War level threat. Make a hypothetical Green Lantern movie a two parter if you must to avoid having to cram too much exposition to make it work.

Just no more fucking origin films, please.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Whats with all the origin film hate going around? I mean I get for the characters who have been getting movies for the last three decades but people are starting to shit on origin storys even for the characters that have never been in anything outside the comics and cartoons.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbeansman View Post
    Whats with all the origin film hate going around? I mean I get for the characters who have been getting movies for the last three decades but people are starting to shit on origin storys even for the characters that have never been in anything outside the comics and cartoons.
    I should be specific and note I'm talking about well-established heroes or villains here.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    They just need to reboot the DCEU at this point, but WW84, Shazam, and Aquaman are still coming in hot. I say end it after that. DC fans, such as myself, will give a new DC cinematic universe another chance because there's a lot of potential if done properly.
    They need to quit.

Seriously. DC fans have been saying "there's a lot of potential" for fucking ever. It just isn't true.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Superman is fucking nothing like James Bond, lol

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    Didn't know if I should post this here or the JL thread, but Cavill is out as Superman. Cashed that Witcher check and told WB to fuck themselves lol.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/42...an-in-the-dceu
    Well, fuck it.

I thought he was the best actor for Superman since Reeve, and I'm gonna miss that dude as Superman. At least he's avoided typecasting, so I get to see him in other roles.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's not that a combined universe with Justice League can't work. It's that WB refused to put in all the necessary groundwork to do it right. Four of the original Avengers had solo films before the first movie (Iron Man getting two), and both of the two without a solo film were at least introduced in other movies. Even the second wave Avengers that didn't have solo films all got significant screen time to build them up instead of just being flat recruited without context (Rhodes, Falcon, Wanda, Vision).

WB just tried to make a DC equivalent to Civil War and the Avengers and thought they would get big checks for it. You care about Civil War because you've come to know Tony and Steve after seven films. You can't care about Batfleck vs. Supes when the only characterization you have for Batman is "MARTHA!"

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

DC shared universe SHOULD be easy. They need the Martian Manhunter.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

WB could also stop letting people like David Goyer who seem to be embarrssed to be working with this material be in charge of the movies their making out of it.

BG Level

Here's how I would make a DCU:

Lead off with solo Superman and Batman movies, but have Superman cameo in the Batman one so you establish they know each other and sometimes work together. In the Superman movie, Luthor is a minor villain but Brainac is the real threat, to establish outer space as a source of danger. Batman's is a murder mystery/detective story, but it ends with him uncovering the existence of the Black Glove and Simon Hurt. The important thing is Martian Manhunter cameos in both.
    Next you make a Wonder Woman movie with something hunting the gods. Doctor Psycho as the villain but establish that he's working as an agent on Earth for a more malevolent force, potentially the same one behind Simon Hurt. Another Manhunter sighting, ideally even a conversation with Diana.
    Now with those three done you make a Martian Manhunter origin movie. Start in 1950 when he first appears on Earth and have the focus be on the rise of superheroes. Mention the Justice Society. Vandal Savage as the villain, battling J'onn throughout time. When he finally beats him, Savage tells him that he needed to take over the Earth because only he can protect it from what's coming. Manhunter begins thinking about the other heroes and banding them together.
    You would call those 4 movies "part one" of the Justice League arc, and then start part 2, which would be:
    Flash movie where he enters the Speed Force and discovers alternate realities. Bonus scene where the Rogues are approached in Iron Heights by someone with a Mother Box.
    Aquaman movie with a mystical villain like Felix Faust, consumed at the end by the power that was controlling him. First Darkseid appearance with Desaad at the end.
    Green Lantern Corps movie where we finally see Apokolips and learn of Darkseid's plan to invade the Earth.
    And then finally a Justice League movie that picks up the moment Green Lantern Corps leaves off, with an Apokolips invasion of Earth. Martian Manhunter draws the other six heroes together. As those seven battle Parademons in Metropolis, we get shots of Shazam, The Atom, Firestorm, Black Canary, Zatanna, Plastic Man, Green Arrow, and others across the world fighting against the invasion as well. The heroes manage to defeat Darkseid but the battle breaks open a wall in the speed force and lets something out. Lead into Chapter 2 of the DCU saga, Crisis on Infinite Earths.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Not gonna lie. I'd watch it.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I know how to fix DCEU.

Let Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige do it.

Tio Derp
    DHC Glitch of the House of Weave

BG Level

I would watch the fuck out of Zealots movies lol.

The biggest hurdle would be putting every hero you mentioned for the JL movie in even as cameos. If they were being played by big enough stars there would be no way to afford it. IW worked because each of the stand alone movies raked in hundreds of millions, I'd imagine they have to have that kind of success to even make the JL movie you envision a possibility.

But god damn you're going in the right direction boyo

One of the biggest problems with DC heroes is a lot of the main heroes, save for Batman are basically gods depending who is writing. Now I will preface this with I've never been a huge comic reader and a lot of this is what I've picked up or quick research.

Superman can fly, move faster than sound can see basically anywhere through anything if he wants.

Flash can, from the famous quote "think in an attosecond". So that's 1 quintillionth of a second. 12 attoseconds is the shortest frame of time humans have been able to measure.

Green Lantern can make literally anything he wants out of hardened light just by thinking about it based purely off his willpower what seems to be with very little limits. It's been known to make planets and even once a solar system.

Martian Manhunter seems to basically have all superman powers then some. Shape shift, turn ethereal to go through anything or disappear from sight. As well as telepathy with all that implies.

Wonder Woman seems to vary a lot but from what I read all the basic powers flight, durability, agility and enough strength as worded "as strong as the earth, known to beat superman and supergirl in a fight"

How can you make a threat for any of your heroes when they're all basically kids playing superheroes. "oh yeah? I'm so strong I can punch the sun!" "Well I'M so fast I can move faster than light, then some!"

I mean I love the DCAU but I've always felt the way the super powers are for DC heroes is a little dumb.

BG Level

Yeah, my understanding is that Marvel was greenlit for exactly 5 movies; solo films and then Avengers, and if they weren't hits that would be the end of the story. But Iron Man was such a blockbuster it got a sequel right away and then they proceeded to make all the money, so here we are 20 films later.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragontyr View Post
    One of the biggest problems with DC heroes is a lot of the main heroes, save for Batman are basically gods depending who is writing. Now I will preface this with I've never been a huge comic reader and a lot of this is what I've picked up or quick research.

Superman can fly, move faster than sound can see basically anywhere through anything if he wants.

Flash can, from the famous quote "think in an attosecond". So that's 1 quintillionth of a second. 12 attoseconds is the shortest frame of time humans have been able to measure.

Green Lantern can make literally anything he wants out of hardened light just by thinking about it based purely off his willpower what seems to be with very little limits. It's been known to make planets and even once a solar system.

Martian Manhunter seems to basically have all superman powers then some. Shape shift, turn ethereal to go through anything or disappear from sight. As well as telepathy with all that implies.

Wonder Woman seems to vary a lot but from what I read all the basic powers flight, durability, agility and enough strength as worded "as strong as the earth, known to beat superman and supergirl in a fight"

How can you make a threat for any of your heroes when they're all basically kids playing superheroes. "oh yeah? I'm so strong I can punch the sun!" "Well I'M so fast I can move faster than light, then some!"

I mean I love the DCAU but I've always felt the way the super powers are for DC heroes is a little dumb.
    That's always been the challenge for DC, coming up with realistic threats to their heroes. It's why the overwhelming majority of their stories revolve around innocent people being in danger and them having to find ways to rescue everyone AND stop the villain without anyone getting hurt. For the majority of the Golden and Silver Age of comics Superman almost never used his powers to just straight up punch somebody, he'd rather go back in time and negotiate with native tribes to make sure a modern-day mogul doesn't have a claim to the land Metropolis is on (that's a real thing, that happened).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast