• Navigation
Page 137 of 190 FirstFirst ... 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 187 ... LastLast
Results 2721 to 2740 of 3793
  1. #2721
    WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,065
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    DEVILS TALK:

    The Prudential Center is mad easy to get to. You barely even have to walk outside of the train station to get there, and the train ride there from Manhattan costs you like $2.25 and takes like 30 minutes. I get smashed every time I go there, and I just hop on a train to get home.

    The arena is really damn nice. The food there is a bit cheaper than other arena food. I don't know how that team doesn't make that much money. Probably because it says "New Jersey" in front of the name.

  2. #2722
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,710
    BG Level
    8

    They are in a weird area. All the fans in South Jersey are Flyers fans and im sure all the fans in North Jersey where the Devils are are just Rangers fans.

  3. #2723
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    58,155
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    They seem to have a pretty solid fanbase despite all that though.

  4. #2724
    BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,755
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    They seem to have a pretty solid fanbase despite all that though.
    Very very small number.

  5. #2725
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Jornna View Post
    All the fans in South Jersey are Flyers fans
    the fuck

  6. #2726
    BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    10,134
    BG Level
    9

    Lars Eller recovered from brutal hit, says he doesn't remember it

    The scariest moment of the postseason came early on when Canadiens forward Lars Eller was crushed on a center-ice hit by Eric Gryba of the Senators. It was ugly, vicious and graphic considering the amount of blood that ended up on the ice.

    The good news is that Eller is all good now and ready to go. The bad news is that he doesn't remember (or maybe it's not a bad thing he forgot). From the Montreal Gazette:

    "I've seen the replay, which is the closest I'm going to come to remembering it," Eller said. "Maybe it's a good thing that I don't remember. It was a shocking incident for everybody watching. I haven't really thought much about it since. It's in the past."

    It's quite scary to think he has zero recollection of the hit considering what we have seen with concussions in recent years, the hit was thunderous. He ended up with a concussion, a broken nose and shattered teeth but now he is all better.

    "I feel great, completely healed," Eller said. "I did some more testing in Brossard [in mid- to late May] to make sure everything was back to normal, to make sure there were no symptoms related to the concussion. There haven't been any."

    It's good news for Eller and the Habs. The 24-year-old Eller enjoyed a fantastic breakout season for Montreal last year, putting up a career-best 30 points in just 46 regular-season games on the strength of eight goals and 22 assists.

    For the record, Gryba was given a game misconduct and was suspended two games for the hit.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...nt-remember-it

    Crazy.

    I approve of the new sports sub forum btw.^^

  7. #2727
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    The concept of being hit so hard you don't even remember it is fucking terrifying to me

  8. #2728
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,514
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    CBC doing a report about how Gretzky used to be Robin Thicke's babysitter. Meh

  9. #2729
    BG's Official Canucks Fan
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,819
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Downtown Vancouver might be worse, at least that one time when it was on fire
    Even when downtown Vancouver was on fire it was still nicer then downtown Winnipeg. Also, fuck you buddy.

  10. #2730
    Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    11,009
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    The concept of being hit so hard you don't even remember it is fucking terrifying to me
    Worst i've been hit was an inadvertent collision that knocked both my gloves off in addition to my stick going flying, I had trouble driving home and staring at a monitor was a bitch for a week with a stiff neck for 2 weeks but nothing beyond 2 weeks.

    One friend though hit his head off the ice playing DIII CHA college hockey and dropped out of college for a year his head issues were so bad. The hit seriously altered who he was as a person for close to 2 years. Temporarily changed into this asshole who never left the house unless it was to buy more shrooms and went from being a really competitive shooter video game whiz to being complete ass cause the speed of the game literally overwhelmed his head.

  11. #2731
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoronas View Post
    Even when downtown Vancouver was on fire it was still nicer then downtown Winnipeg. Also, fuck you buddy.
    lol <3

  12. #2732
    Kevin Lowe's Sock Account
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,268
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Mazmaz View Post
    CBC doing a report about how Gretzky used to be Robin Thicke's babysitter. Meh
    I know a month ago CBC did a report on the company my GF and I worked for (til a month ago when some dick out of Victoria bought it and forced it into receivership.) they ran it 4 times in an hour. Mind you, it was CBC Edmonton, but still.
    Slow news day? Unless it's Saturday night, or George Strombobmobmbmbopbolboblmbmbpous, CBC's pretty crappy. LOL

  13. #2733
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,514
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Well it was also a report on the events behind his trade to LA. But I didn't really pay attention because it was before my time/I didn't really get it/etc.

  14. #2734
    Kevin Lowe's Sock Account
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,268
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    I was only 7 when it happened, but we had just been posted to Germany that summer, and hockey news was slow happening over there. Sure you could always pick up The Stars & Stripes (which I dunno if that was strictly a US Military paper or what.) but hockey news / boxscores were on page 37 behind the scores from Junior AA football.
    I can't imagine how insane it was around here with the fans. I know Jimmy Carson, who was the main person we got in return asked to be traded because the idea that he was Gretzky's replacement messed with him.

    Makes me wonder what kind of epic deal we'd have to see to have a Crosby, Ovechkin type player moved.

  15. #2735
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,710
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    the fuck
    Keep in mind that where im at in south jersey is like 30 minutes away from philly. But ive seen a ton of flyer fans around this whole area (100 mile radius in all directions) and ive met very few devil fans.

  16. #2736
    TOO MUCH MAN
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,264
    BG Level
    8

    http://nhlnumbers.com/2013/8/8/weste...ing-team-corsi

    Interesting link and corsi analysis. Obviously advanced stats aren't what they are in baseball, but it's becoming somewhat popular and it's cool to see how teams went over the course of the season. It really shows that Chicago wasn't dominating people through their win streak.

    I also like it cause it shows Detroit as one of the better teams in the West.

  17. #2737
    TOO MUCH MAN
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,264
    BG Level
    8

    Trista Greer had been having a tough time at school with bullies. Even after pep talks from her parents and learning strategies on how to deal with the bullies, the 11-year-old still had her spirit crushed when she was at school.

    After the school year ended, Trista’s father, Wayde, decided to do something to lift his daughter’s spirits. He was scheduled to attend an auction and golf tournament to benefit Minden, a town in Ontario that was affected by severe flooding earlier this year, and he learned that the tournament would have several pro hockey players in attendance. Greer also found out they would be auctioning off a game jersey worn by Zdeno Chara, Trista’s favorite hockey player. Greer solicited money from his friends for a “‘cool daddy’ fund,” which he would use to bid on the jersey.

    Greer raised $500, but when the bids started creeping over that amount, he realized he wouldn’t be able to get the jersey, Enter: Matt Duchene. The Avalanche forward was one of the NHL hosts of the event and was sitting across from Greer. “Get it for her,” Duchene said. “I’ve got you covered.” Every time the price went up, Greer glanced at Duchene who nodded his head to keep bidding. Once the price rose to $1,600, Duchene held up two fingers toward Greer. Greer grabbed the microphone and yelled “Two thousand!” and the jersey was his. He gave the Chara jersey to Trista for her birthday along with a note saying “happy birthday” from Duchene.
    Hockey dudes are ok in my book

  18. #2738
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,514
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    sauce to post on facebook

  19. #2739
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Wife went to the doctor's yesterday. Noah will be joining us on the 19th. They are going to induce her two weeks early. This time it's set in stone. Unless she has issues before then. So I have about 9 days to get as much work done in the game room as humanly possible. If I can finish the drywall and get it painted that will be a huge relief. The flooring is easy and doesn't cause a mess or anything so I'm not too concerned about that.

    Back to hockey. I love that pretty much everyone and their cousin are saying the NHL is taking over the Devils and Bettman is standing there saying nuh uh. You would think shedding 70+ million from Kovalchuk's contract would have been a blessing for them. Apparently they are so far in the whole that's just a drop in the bucket.

  20. #2740
    Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    11,009
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Wife went to the doctor's yesterday. Noah will be joining us on the 19th. They are going to induce her two weeks early. This time it's set in stone. Unless she has issues before then. So I have about 9 days to get as much work done in the game room as humanly possible. If I can finish the drywall and get it painted that will be a huge relief. The flooring is easy and doesn't cause a mess or anything so I'm not too concerned about that.
    Thats amazing news! Just a reminder, Sep and Sepukku both make amazing middle name choices. Noah Sepukku Weave

    In lieu of a middle name, I am eligible to be a godparent as a catholic who has completed all sacraments.

    and how the hell are you STILL not finished with drywall?????

Page 137 of 190 FirstFirst ... 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 187 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1736
    Last Post: 2013-10-01, 03:26
  2. Replies: 16499
    Last Post: 2013-04-29, 06:20
  3. Replies: 1973
    Last Post: 2013-04-25, 04:32
  4. Replies: 609
    Last Post: 2012-10-30, 16:08
  5. 2011-2012 NHL Season Thread: FUCK COREY PERRY
    By Callisto in forum Sports
    Replies: 19036
    Last Post: 2012-04-10, 08:38
  6. 2010-2011 NHL Season Thread
    By Callisto in forum Sports
    Replies: 12372
    Last Post: 2011-04-11, 22:16