Rich Chere @Ledger_NJDevils
Devils have signed Patrik Elias to multi-year deal. It will be announced today
Rich Chere @Ledger_NJDevils
Devils have signed Patrik Elias to multi-year deal. It will be announced today
just get a better job, apparently banking is pretty legit. Hit reply-all on an email with ~3 co workers and 4-5 managers/directors/etc from a major bank, got an auto-reply Out Of Office message from each of the bankers saying "I am out of the office until Monday July 8th...."
Must be easy making 6 figures and working 120 days a year.
Grabovski will be a good signing if he can be gotten somewhat cheap, and can be used correctly/stay motivated. Carlyle was an idiot with him.
e: He gets ~1.8m for 8 years from the Leafs, someone could sign him to a ~3.2m contract and he would be getting 5m a year while on a very reasonable contract. I would not mind that at all.
Elias is 5.5 mil per year/3 years.
Seriously. Waste that money NJ!
Also, who the hell is that in your sig Brill?
I follow a couple of folks from PensInitiative. I'm still on the fence about them, though.
Also:
@PensInitiative Pens Initiative
NBC Sports is reporting that Matt Cooke is unlikely to re-sign with the Pens
I keep hearing rumors of Iginla to the Kings but I don't know if i want that.
Uhhh I like you Pens homers but Elias is a pretty fucking awesome player.
He's old, but if you wouldn't want him on your team you're probably taking a pretty biased view.
Elias is 3 points behind Malkin in the past 3 seasons combined. Ahead of Crosby.
Mostly because he's been healthy the whole time, but yeah. He's 21st in scoring for the past 3 seasons, so for 5.5 million even if he declines it's a damn good deal when you're looking at alternatives like Horton or Clarkson (who are both demanding more than Elias got).
I dont see any rapid decline here that theyre talking aboutCode:Season GP G A Pts PIM +/- GPG PPG 1995-96 1 0 0 0 0 -1 0.00 0.00 1996-97 17 2 3 5 2 -4 0.12 0.29 1997-98 74 18 19 37 28 18 0.24 0.50 1998-99 74 17 33 50 34 19 0.23 0.68 1999-00 72 35 37 72 58 16 0.49 1.00 2000-01 82 40 56 96 51 45 0.49 1.17 2001-02 75 29 32 61 36 4 0.39 0.81 2002-03 81 28 29 57 22 17 0.35 0.70 2003-04 82 38 43 81 44 26 0.46 0.99 2005-06 38 16 29 45 20 11 0.42 1.18 2006-07 75 21 48 69 38 1 0.28 0.92 2007-08 74 20 35 55 38 10 0.27 0.74 2008-09 77 31 47 78 32 18 0.40 1.01 2009-10 58 19 29 48 40 18 0.33 0.83 2010-11 81 21 41 62 16 -4 0.26 0.77 2011-12 81 26 52 78 16 -8 0.32 0.96 2012-13 48 14 22 36 22 5 0.29 0.75
Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun
Hearing that Claude Giroux and the Flyers are close to agreeing to an 8-yr deal worth north of $8 M a year...
lolphi