Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun 2m
An update on Giroux deal I tweeted about earlier today... It's finalized now: 8 years, $66.2 M _ $8.275 M AAV. Includes full NMC
Man, Philly just loves tossing out NMC.
Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun 2m
An update on Giroux deal I tweeted about earlier today... It's finalized now: 8 years, $66.2 M _ $8.275 M AAV. Includes full NMC
Man, Philly just loves tossing out NMC.
Salary cap coming down, but still seeing some pretty big contracts.
Smaller contracts, bigger cap hits.
Wow big trade today. Hard to say who did better right now. Seguin could be really special.
Can't wait for tomorrow when the Wade Redden sweepstakes officially begins!
Im starting to think Joe Morrow is a bust, the more and more analysis I read of him at the AHL level the more it seems like his sharply rising development plateau'ed (at least for now).
Interesting to see where Jarome Iginla goes tomorrow, Nashville STILL needs offense. and has cap space out the ass. Definitely not going to PIT/PHI/VAN/BOS/CHI/ANA, probably gonna need at least 5mil cap space to sign him. Boston has 9 with Horton gone but is definitely going to be using over half that to sign RFA Rask.
BJs aggressively pursuing horton and flips both
Where does philly keep pulling this money from
Thin air, it seems.
If I had to guess, it'll be something like:
Hall - C
Eberle - A
Gagner - A
as far as captains go.
Iginla will only go to a top contender, which Nashville isn't currently. I doubt we make any serious trades (Blum/Ellis/Ekholm may get auctioned off for parts given Jones pick); Poile said he has been working on one forward, but no idea who. I'd be happy with Weiss given we haven't signed a real quality free agent since Kariya in like 2006 lol.
Alfie not returning to Ottawa apparently. Boston and Detroit are going after him.
Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
Revisiting Scuderi tweet from earlier. Now hearing he's likely going back to Pittsburgh. 3-4 years has been discussed. Around $3 mil per.
THE MOTHER FUCKING PIECE!
Agreed. But the man wants his name on the Cup.
I can understand Iginla doing it.
But the Senators aren't a terrible team...a couple more good pieces and them remaining healthy could potentially rocket them to a title.
Realistically as much as I would love having Scuderi back I don't know if the Pens can afford him.
Alphie to Detroit confirmed
Ray emery to the flyers confirmed