Spoiler: show
I think in terms of an solo origin story this is up there with Iron Man 1. Tight cohesive narrative. Killmonger was a decently developed villain for Marvel standards but could have used 10 - 15 mins on just him.
It wasn't ground breaking and game changing like it was hyped up to be in terms of a superhero movie, but the factdoes distinguish it from Blade and Hancock and for that reason I do think it has a claim to being more legitimately the first "black" superhero movie.Spoiler: show
I have it on the bottom half of Marvel Tier 1 -- it's neck-and-neck with Homecoming but behind Winter Soldier, Guardians 2, and Thor 3.
I don't get why Guardians 2 is on that list it doesn't come close to any of these movies lol
What the fuck kinda argument is that.
What the fuck kinda post is that.
People aren't robots that can just plug in an optimal set into a list. Some people like Guardians 2 more. Get over it.
I'm surprised you answered, I knew exactly what kind of post it was. I thought we were just stating the obvious recently.
I'm not saying you can't like Guardians 2, I'm saying Guardians 2 is just a worse version of 1 so it's funny it's there.
Was pretty decent and up there but holy hell the hype on this movie. Klaw was but would've been better if we hadn't basically forgot about Kilmonger for the first half of the movie given he was kind of the driving force of everything. And also because Michael B. Jordan fucking nailed pretty much every scene he was in.
Also outside of the car chase pretty unimpressed with the action scenes though luckily that wasn't the selling point of the movie.
Also both guardian's are fucking great. Deal with it nerd!
When you only go to see Black panther because its a marvel movie but come out changed
I'm fucking dying
That is literally me.
So you're Notorious Bum now?
nah fam, I just don't wanna get beat up by the Rock