Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 136 FirstFirst ... 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 ... LastLast

Thread: Mog Gardens Information     submit to reddit submit to twitter

ok so it seems I'm not the only one. That's good.

But I also wanted to confirm that a baby dragon WILL grow to the natural adult stage normally. (my baby dragon is still a baby... since patch day. Same with my pequetender...)
    So I was wondering if ppl actually had their R7 pets pop into adults naturally or if R7 was all special like R6 (5stage) and demanded food to be adults.
    But stupidly it seems I just have more bitchy babies that don't want to grow up.... smh (that damn cactus has been a baby the longest... I got fed up and just fed my dragon a honey wine a couple weeks or so ago.)

Campaign
    BG Level

I'm leaning to think all pets do evolve naturally, it's just that using the squirm food makes the process more likely, or maybe allows for additional sub-paths not normally possible with natural evolution.

Concerning dragons it was already confirmed several pages ago by multiple surces that they naturally evolve.
    Mine evolved into Abyssal dragon, which further naturally evolved into Lunar Wyrm.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I've changed my pet's name to CuntCactuar, has been 3 stars for a month, feeding seeds religiously every day, and no go yet.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

GreenTurd finally evolved after 21 squirms.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

My mule's Cactuar evolved into second stage pretty quickly while my own Cactuar took a stack of Burdock, that was annoying, now I'm enjoying the fun of my mules cactuar not evolving into the 3rd stage which is fun considering I had to grow my own sunflower seeds since no one owned Aragoneu when I needed some, ended up growing 10 pots of sunflower seeds and ended up with a truckload, so that should cover me on both characters.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

A friend of mine told me that the cluster cheer with 16% MP is a typo and that the value is much lower, anyone know the real value or was my friend mistaken? Seemed too good to be true for Myrkr.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

This was posted on page 107.

Tested Snoll Cheer (MP +16%)

No gear
    1448 > 1454 MP

With gear
    1845 > 1865 MP

No change on trusts

/huh...
    So it's difficult to say what that is.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

What to do with a "bursting with joy" but "throughly depressed about the abysmal conditions under which it lives" white adamantoise? I feed it everyday, but I can't interact with it according to wiki.

Any ideas?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sounds like it likes the food but not the way you are treating it.... I just made sure not to do any negative interactions and take nothing and was fine

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aumaan Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

My white adamantoise is even angrier than yours is, and I haven't found a solution either. There are no positive interactions, and the most positive foods are only barely positive. I can't say definitively that you can't keep its mood up, since I've missed days here and there and that might be enough to tip it from net plus to net minus over time, but there's not much margin if so. Might be the kind of thing that Square would tweak if it was brought to their attention on the official forums or something, but I haven't been able to bring myself to care that much.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Yeah, I don't do any negative interaction at all (and no positive exist) and I feed it everyday, don't really miss much.

I guess I'll just "let it be", but the fact of having a miserable pet makes me sad, may just replace it if it gets sadder than that :S

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Killed my Jumbotender after he gave memento and got... Powder Boots

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For monsters with no good interaction I just never interact. Even though I collect items every day, my Elasmoth is beaming and content with life because I feed him Hare Meat every day, and occasionally there are other beaming monsters around that contribute to the overall mood.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Remember that if they are beaming, giving the message where nothing could foul their mood, any interaction you do will give a strongly resonates message, I've had it happen a couple times on my Behemoth and as a result got some free positive interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I'm leaning to think all pets do evolve naturally, it's just that using the squirm food makes the process more likely, or maybe allows for additional sub-paths not normally possible with natural evolution.

Concerning dragons it was already confirmed several pages ago by multiple surces that they naturally evolve.
    Mine evolved into Abyssal dragon, which further naturally evolved into Lunar Wyrm.
    Always gotta double check. (hench why I've gone and checked all "forced natural"s to see if they pop without the forced pop... so far, they have... except these damn cactus and dragon of mine!)
    Though babies only grow to their adult form naturally, alternates and further stages all demand pop items. (tested that with the behemoths... took forEVER, and I finally put down my extra king back shortly before the update... gave up hoping to skip the elasmoth like you could skip behemoth.)
    These R7 babies just don't want to grow up it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    Remember that if they are beaming, giving the message where nothing could foul their mood, any interaction you do will give a strongly resonates message, I've had it happen a couple times on my Behemoth and as a result got some free positive interactions.
    Yup. Even on the Behemoths which hate everything, all interactions are bumped up to "strongly resonating". (Used to think that everything just bumped up a "tier" eg: dislike=>neutral=>like=>resonates=>resonates+star but Behemoths showed us that everything just becomes either resonating or resonating+star)
    Also, if you have two or more beaming, you get an extra star for the day, and iirc having multiple beaming also makes them beam longer? or something like that.
    Though I'm curious if anyone has forced an evolution when something is beaming. It's been my experience that when they're beaming it's a 100% fail. (at least they have always never popped when beaming, and I'm too thrify to test with an HNM pop... yes. THAT thrify.)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You get a star when you do something that is normally strongly resonating when they are beaming

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You get an extra star sprinkle when entering the garden that day for every beaming monster over one, and then their "strongly resonates" action (if they have one) generates another star sprinkle. I've had 3 monsters beaming at the same and earned 3 star sprinkles when I came in that day, I presume that if all 4 were beaming, I'd earn 4 upon entry.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I've only ever gotten more than one star when entering my garden when there's been a mog garden even going on.

well just a quick update since i got both blazing and lunar wyrm cheer now, as expected (but hoped that was not the case) both acc and macc effects are lacking i mean they actually help on 125ish ilvl wich is where melee trusts starts to have serious acc issues but thats about it (it helps untill around lower level apex i would say but they still wiff quite abit) as for macc it is not enough for korou marou to start casting distract on woh gates altough it does start casting on lower level apex (sih gates for exemple).The fast cast bonus from lunar however looks solid and since most of the trusts used are generally suport/healer trusts anyway its aways nice to have that extra bit of fast cast on those curagas ( i did not test if it was the full 20% as said in the description but it looked like a considerable amount from eye balling), now just waiting for that bastard cactuar to evolve....

Campaign
    BG Level

I'm now at 39 squirms on the cactuar and still no evolution xD
    Think I just beat my previous record of no evolution (hecteye).
    Anyone in the same situation? :D :D