BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 134 of 136 FirstFirst ... 84 124 132 133 134 135 136 LastLast

Thread: Mog Gardens Information     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

It's been like that for me since it was added.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Well, even before players could raise >2 monsters that was probably the zone with the most roaming monsters in the game. I remember it being a little glitchy on release but I think it's worse now.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

And remember for awhile yours would end up being named what another player named their pet instead

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    This is not very important, but I've been annoyed lately because my monster rearing monsters warp around and interrupt my trades. After thinking about it for a while, I bet that the problem is SE server load. For a normal zone with roaming monsters, SE has to calculate their new position every once in a while (maybe up to 300 monsters?). On the mog gardens beach, I suspect SE is calculating the position of every monster being reared by every player, because they all roam and I bet SE continues to calculate their positions even if no one is watching. You could see how they might be calculating the roaming position of 3000 monsters vs. their normal 300, and that could be what's causing the lag.
    My theory is that they never stop moving on server side when you talk to them. The teleport after you get out of the menu would reflect the continued-wandering position.
    And yeah.. I normally lock-on+follow for feeding time. lol

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

When entering my mog garden, it now says that a "plethora of light energies" is swirling about. Any benefit to this? I didn't see much difference when collecting items/gathering from the various locations, although my sample size is small.

Also, any way to target specific items from your monsters? I've been trying to get some dung to make some miracle mulch, but they are few and far between. Anyone found a way to increase specific drops? I need more dookie!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

plethora of light energies, i believe is one of the various messages telling you a monster you are raising is beaming with light. there are different messages based on how many glow I believe.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Good call--when I logged in today, none of my monsters had the "beaming with pure contentment" status, and sure enough, the light energies message is also absent.

Campaign
    BG Level

Maybe I'm dumb but it's the first time I get the "Monstername shudders violently." instead of the supposed "Monstername squirms uncontrollably."
    What's the difference? Don't think I remember ever seeing that before.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It evolved.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

couple updates back they added the message so u know it evolved. the squirms message is still the same as ever. telling you this food might evolve them. shudders just lets you know it actually happened. think it was same time they added the actual monster type when u check them

Campaign
    BG Level

Ah ok, it all makes sense now, didn't touch mog garden in a while

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Anybody getting any extra items from garden furrows lately? The Mog Garden campaign notes don't mention furrows giving extra items, only coastal fishing and monster rearing. I got a couple of Goblin Stews (not 880 though) from the buffalo meats I planted, which seemed unusual.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Subadai View Post
    Anybody getting any extra items from garden furrows lately? The Mog Garden campaign notes don't mention furrows giving extra items, only coastal fishing and monster rearing. I got a couple of Goblin Stews (not 880 though) from the buffalo meats I planted, which seemed unusual.
    The "coastal fishing" is a long-standing mistranslation. It should be read as "Flotsam".
    Are there any potential r/ex items you can get from planting buffalo meat? Could be the same boobie-prize thing that gobbie box does (hands out goblin related items in lieu of a r/ex item that you already have.)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

When I get other rare items like Earth Spirit pact from planting revival roots, it just gives the usual "you cannot obtain" message until you dispose of the one you have, then you get it the next time you examine the furrow. So, prolly not I guess.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Subadai View Post
    When I get other rare items like Earth Spirit pact from planting revival roots, it just gives the usual "you cannot obtain" message until you dispose of the one you have, then you get it the next time you examine the furrow. So, prolly not I guess.
    Hmm.. that is true.. Could just be a normal drop then, since the drop list here is far from complete for planting buffalo meat.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I am working on adding items to the wiki, but don't have the bayld to blow on Grow-m-good. So it'll be slow going for the longer harvests.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I've been growing cactus stems forever and just updated the list to be complete, so you can skip those at least.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Can anyone explain the full process of getting Rhodium Ore from the furrows? The process on bgwiki either isnt clear or wrong.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

You put Cactus Stems in the ground and there's some chance you'll harvest a Rhodium Ore. I always fertilize with random crystals that I get from harvesting. Rhodium is uncommon. I get maybe 1 every 10 harvests.

You can also get Rhodium Ore from the top #4 mining point. There are 3 #4 mining point locations. The top one (which you can lock in place using Rockoil) gives goldsmithing items while the bottom gives Blacksmithing items. I don't know if the middle has a preference, but I'd guess bone. I always lock it in the top slot. Rhodium is uncommon. Across 4 characters with Rank 7 mining points, I'd say I get 1-2 per day.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Actually, you can also get Fruit Seeds, Crystal Clusters, and Faded Crystals from Cactus stems, but I think those items are added by the crystal fertilizer.