Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I hope they nickle and dime every costume in their shop! Can't wait to be told you have to pay $20 for an Iron Man skin :D

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They're going to MTX the fuck out of it rest assured. You'll be lucky if the skins aren't $30, this is the marvel IP! They gotta milk their investment! Got that "Captain America Superpack" for $99.99 that include a movie-tie-in skin!

Edit: I want to also point out the "Unowned" checkbox at the top of the character select screen for this. make of that what you will. Also its made by NetEase so yah, probably a cash grab DoA game.

Anywho that aside, honestly with how badly Blizzard dropped the ball with OW2 I'd love to see a new game come in and steal the lime-light a bit, the only issue will be in if they can pull it off. I'd rub salt on the wound and include a PVE mode if I were them, that'd be the cherry on top if the game killed OW2.

Chances are it'll be another Paladins or whatever the other dead game was and just fizzle out though. Marvel games haven't had stunning track records recently especially the multiplayer ones, but hell we'll see.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

A shooter? What the hell is Black Panther shooting? Did I miss a movie?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Overwatch vibes for some reason.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Which version will it be? OW1, which people generally liked, or OW2, that gutted features unnecessarily only to add them back in later and expect praise for it?

Waiting and seeing with this one. Marvel hasn't had a very good track record with their games as of late. Midnight Suns wasn't bad, though.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    A shooter? What the hell is Black Panther shooting? Did I miss a movie?
    Guessing chars like black panther and the hulk will be melee heroes like reinhardt/doomfist/brigitte

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

NetEase Games and Marvel Games are excited to announce their latest collaboration: Marvel Rivals, a cooperative, Super Hero team-based PVP shooter! Players can assemble an ever-evolving all-star squad of Super Heroes and Super Villains, while battling with unique super powers across a dynamic lineup of destructible maps from across the Marvel Multiverse. Marvel Rivals is in development for PC by a NetEase team composed of global talent, who previously worked on hit franchises such as Call of Duty and Battlefield.

“We are overjoyed to bring Marvel Rivals to players around the world. We have always loved Marvel’s universe and its characters, and we are so excited to be developing this game,” said the Marvel Rivals Producer Stephen Wu. “This is the game we want to make, and we feel very lucky to be the team who made all of this come true.”

“NetEase Games is excited to collaborate with Marvel Games to deliver a thrilling, fast-paced cooperative gameplay experience featuring all of your favorite Super Heroes,” said Ethan Wang, Senior Vice President, NetEase, Inc. “This partnership with Marvel Games continues our commitment to build world class development teams and reach global audiences with cutting edge experiences.”

“Marvel Rivals is one of our most ambitious game development projects. Since the conceptualization of the game and throughout our collaboration, our Marvel team has poured our hearts and souls into this project, and we are thrilled to work with the incredible team at NetEase Games to help deliver the ultimate Super Hero team-based PVP shooter,” says Jay Ong, Head of Marvel Games.

A Deep and Varied Marvel Roster

Choose from a vast array of fan-favorite and cult-classic Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains from across the Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, X-Men, and many more from across the Marvel Multiverse. With the Alpha Test in May, players will have access to more than a dozen playable Super Heroes and Super Villains, including iconic characters such as Black Panther, Spider-Man, Magneto, and Magik.

Fast and Fun 6v6 Action with Ever-Changing Game Dynamics

With intricate environments, fast-paced gameplay, and ever-changing battlefields, there's never a dull moment in Marvel Rivals! Battle as Super Heroes and Super Villains with incredible abilities and combine your powers to bring unexpected fun to the battlefield in a matter of seconds.

Dynamic Hero Synergy

Coordinate unique combinations between characters to ignite surprising Team-Up Skills! Unleash the synergy of combined superpowers and invent new tactics that can turn the tide of combat. Ride on Groot’s back as Rocket Raccoon to take on your enemies as a dangerous duo, unleash Gamma energy as Hulk to charge Iron Man’s armor for massive damage, and so much more!

Creative Environment Destruction

Tear your way through iconic Marvel worlds across destructible environments! From Asgard to the Tokyo of 2099, use superpowers to alter these environments, reshape the terrain, and craft a strategic advantage on the battlefield! Take cover to dodge attacks or use makeshift weapons to strike down enemies. Players will find countless ways to utilize the environment to claim victory!

Continually Evolving Universe and Robust Post-Launch Updates

The Marvel Multiverse brings infinite possibilities! Each seasonal drop will introduce new Super Heroes to the battlefield along with challenging and diverse maps! Unlock new content to implement across various gameplay strategies while experiencing thrilling action and endless possibilities in these adventurous team battles!

Marvel Rivals features a storyline crafted by the NetEase writing team where the merciless clash between the tyrannical dictator Doctor Doom and his future counterpart from the year 2099 has forced countless universes to collide in the Timestream Entanglement, creating new worlds and crises still unknown. Now, Super Heroes and Super Villains from across the multiverse must fight together and against one another as disparate groups seek to defeat both Dooms before one achieves domination of these realities. Familiar faces become newfound foes while former enemies become the greatest of allies in Marvel Rivals!
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/game...vel-characters
    https://www.marvel.com/games/marvel-rivals
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/2...Marvel_Rivals/

Launch Roster:

Black Panther
    Doctor Strange
    Groot
    Hulk
    Iron Man
    Loki
    Luna Snow
    Magik
    Magneto
    Mantis
    Namor
    Peni Parker
    Rocket Raccoon
    Scarlet Witch
    Spider-Man
    Storm
    Star-Lord
    The Punisher.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Including the Punisher in a game where the object is to shoot the other heroes feels like a dubious move.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Third person, gross.

Other than that it, uh, looks like a hero shooter. Doesn't look bad.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Who in the fuck is Peni Parker and Luna Snow? These are not real Marvel heroes lol

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Peni was in the Spiderverse movies, from a short run of comics by Gerard Way of MCR lol

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Luna Snow is some throw away character they introduced a few years ago during War of the Realms.

They're clearly here just to fill the Asian waifu quota

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I mean it’s pretty obvious they know what reaaallly keeps OW alive and well *wink*

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Guessing chars like black panther and the hulk will be melee heroes like reinhardt/doomfist/brigitte
    Yeah I guess it makes sense if they're going the OW route.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Luna Snow is some throw away character they introduced a few years ago during War of the Realms.

They're clearly here just to fill the Asian waifu quota
    I mean at that point, just use Jubilee or Lady Deathstrike, Psylocke or Sunfire lol. But I guess it's one of those weird agendas where it's mandated X character is included because we're trying to force them to be popular.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

idk how she plays but as a concept Peni could easily be a Dva clone

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Luna Snow is South Korean so she ticks a box in a market I'm sure the companies involved would like to do well in.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag