Wow.
Wow.
What a blow up. Zhi is the man, though. "What is Xian doing?! There's no pot to split!"
Xian has officially replaced this years prior champion of the "Most free exhibition ever"
Sorry Latif, your 0-7 against Infiltration has nothing on Xian's 0-10 against Daigo.
So is Gen not cheap anymore? Lol
Zhi did a long interview with Daigo after, but it was all in Japanese so I don't know what was going on, but Zhi said that Daigo mentioned spending a ton of time researching and practicing against every Gen set up known to man. It showed. Daigo turned it into a footsies match by safely blocking out of what seemed like 80%+ of Xian's set ups after a knockdown. After a couple matches Xian gave up on super -> Ultra because he was in situations where he had to FADC hands to get damage. Daigo said that he wasn't worried about that, because it's not really a ton of damage and it took the real damage option off the table. Basically, it sounds like Daigo did his homework something fierce, and it paid off.
So The Beast has returned? Didn't see the match.
I guess the joke didn't work...
I don't think I'll ever not think that midscreen EX Hado FADC Ultra is the coolest combo ever
Watching match now, omg at Daigo punishing 2nd hands whiff with Super lol
http://www.twitch.tv/zhieeep
Jojo All Star Battle stream
No idea. To be honest, most days I barely even skim through this thread. It usually looks like this:
Liroy posts a Dante combo
Someone posts news about a non-Capcom game, Welt says lol
Liroy asks about a new character he wants to play
Twitter drama
OMGTOURNAMENTDIDYOUSEETHAT?!
Someone saw tournament stream, asks what stick they should buy
lol, if I was still a mod I'd edit that into the OP
I can't believe that Capcom is buffing Daigo more in USF4...
Wondering about something, we mostly know what character people play in SF4, Mahvel and whanot, but kinda wanna know what other characters people have played over the years in older games or other series.
SF2 series : Guile, Dictator
SF3 : Akuma, Hugo
Tekken : Paul, Bob (prior to Tekken 5, kudos to people that understand this), Lee since 5
VF : Lion, Vanessa, Wolf
GG : Potemkin, Chipp
SF Alpha : Karin, Cody, Akuma
Soul Calibur : Astaroth, Maxi
I don't/didn't play a lot of older games but:
SF2: Ryu
Any ArcSys game ever: Main character with big sword
SF3: Elena
SC: Taki/Natsu
SF2: Ryu, Fei Long, Ken
SF3: Ryu, Ken
SFA: Ryu, Guy, Sagat
SFA2: Gen, Ryu, Sakura
SFA3: Gen, Sakura, Ryu
SC2: Mitsurugi, Kilik
Tekken: Hwoarang, Jin (started with 3)
KOF13: Main - Ryo/Kim/Kyo Side - Terry, Andy, Joe, Benimaru, Robert, Yuri, Takuma, Mr Karate, EX Kyo, EX Iori, Athena, Chin, King, K', Billy
Garou: Hotaru Futaba, Terry