Page 178 of 454 FirstFirst ... 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 228 ... LastLast
Results 3541 to 3560 of 9067
  1. #3541
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,826
    BG Level
    10

    I will be using 2 Ultra Ibuki in ANY fireball matchup.

  2. #3542
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    By characters on who I think has a good reason to use both:

    Abel: Yes
    Adon: No
    Akuma: Yes
    Balrog: No
    Blanka: Yes
    C. Viper: No
    Cammy: Yes
    Chun-Li: Maybe? Leaning towards yes
    Cody: Yes
    Dan: Maybe, same boat as Chun, utility is there but would need damage buff
    Deejay: No
    Dhalsim: See Chun/Dan
    Dudley: No
    Honda: Yes
    El Fuerte: No
    Evil Ryu: No
    Fei Long: Yes
    Gen: Yes
    Gouken: No
    Guile: idk, both his ultras suck
    Guy: Yes
    Hakan: Yes
    Ibuki: Yes
    Juri: Kind of depends how the 2 Ultra nerf is implemented for installs, leaning towards No
    Ken: No
    Bison: No
    Makoto: Yes
    Oni: Yes
    Rose: I think no, I don't think enough is gained from U1 to nerf U2's damage
    Rufus: No
    Ryu: No
    Sagat: No
    Sakura: No
    Seth: No
    T.Hawk: Yes
    Vega: No
    Yang: Yes
    Yun: No
    Zangief: Yes

  3. #3543
    Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,075
    BG Level
    8

    For Rog, something interesting could come out of it assuming they won't nerf his stun. The fact that his U1 as a juggle and his U2 do shit damage, but the latter tons of stun. I think the new mechanics have the potential to develop something in his favour.

  4. #3544
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,826
    BG Level
    10

    Two of the biggest "YES" I see in the game, Rose and Chun, you have as maybes?

    Again, talking about this is pointless because you don't know the changes they making to Ultras (damage, startup, motion, frames, etc)

    Chun is a 100% yes and will be a fucking monster in USF4. I can almost guarantee you Ricky/Wong will be playing her.

  5. #3545
    Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,197
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Chun Li's Ultra 2 scales horribly there really wouldn't be any reason to nerf her U1 damage at the sake of adding maybe 40 damage to her ex lightning legs. She will continue to use U1 against Fireball characters

  6. #3546
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,720
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I'm missing how Adon with both Ultras isn't baller as fuck? U1 is one of the best anti-FB ultras in the game, and giving him that with combo potential is nasty.

  7. #3547
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    I'm missing how Adon with both Ultras isn't baller as fuck? U1 is one of the best anti-FB ultras in the game, and giving him that with combo potential is nasty.
    It's dope, but only useful in a few matchups (IE fireball chars. Mostly Ryu, Sagat, Dhalsim, Gouken/Rose/Ken/guile/Chun/Deejay to a lesser extent).

  8. #3548
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,389
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Chun Liroy View Post
    It's dope, but only useful in a few matchups (IE fireball chars. Mostly Ryu, Sagat, Dhalsim, Gouken/Rose/Ken/guile/Chun/Deejay to a lesser extent).
    And most of those characters are common matchups (or used to be) so it'll get a lot of use.

    As for Chun, U1 is actually the better ultra even against non-fireball characters since you can use it to punish whiff or blocked moves or use it in a corner combo. U2 is nice guaranteed damage on top of her basic BnB though. I won't lie though, there are some matchups where I wish I had both Ultras lol.

  9. #3549
    2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,098
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Two of the biggest "YES" I see in the game, Rose and Chun, you have as maybes?

    Again, talking about this is pointless because you don't know the changes they making to Ultras (damage, startup, motion, frames, etc)

    Chun is a 100% yes and will be a fucking monster in USF4. I can almost guarantee you Ricky/Wong will be playing her.
    i can confirm ricky is practicing hard on chun lately.

  10. #3550
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,584
    BG Level
    10

    EVO 2014: Canada Cup is broke as fuck, universal healthcare wont save the FGC

    Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    By characters on who I think has a good reason to use both:

    Rose: I think no, I don't think enough is gained from U1 to nerf U2's damage
    Rose U2 damage is already negligible as is at 120 a ball iirc. As long as they don't nerf the startup again, having access to U1 seems like a no-brainer to me. Curious to see what filipinoman thinks.

    EDIT: Completely forgot they're supposed to be buffing Rose's overall damage anyways. Shiiiit, she's gonna be legit as fuck son!

  11. #3551
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Rose U2 damage is already negligible as is at 120 a ball iirc. As long as they don't nerf the startup again, having access to U1 seems like a no-brainer to me. Curious to see what filipinoman thinks.
    https://twitter.com/HeraldGerrera/st...57407189573632

  12. #3552
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,584
    BG Level
    10

    Nice, exactly what I thought.

  13. #3553
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,826
    BG Level
    10

    Yep, thats exactly why I said Rose would for sure be a yes in every single match.

  14. #3554
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,584
    BG Level
    10

    Now Bipson, he gains absolutely jack shit from dual ultra and red focus is going to jeopardize his corner pressure. An unsafe as shit armor breaker in psycho crusher isn't worth it at all to try and bait it.

    They're gonna have to buff something or else I see him dropping in tiers significantly.

  15. #3555
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    Would like to see the Fat man's U2 buffed enough to be useful again for a "aha! you jumped!" punish.

  16. #3556
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,826
    BG Level
    10

    So Daigo is not even going to try to qualify for Capcom cup? lol

  17. #3557
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Now Bipson, he gains absolutely jack shit from dual ultra and red focus is going to jeopardize his corner pressure. An unsafe as shit armor breaker in psycho crusher isn't worth it at all to try and bait it.

    They're gonna have to buff something or else I see him dropping in tiers significantly.
    I disagree slightly. I can see it completely fucking his scissor kick pressure, but Psycho crusher is a solid ass armor breaker. You can punish red focus's on reaction very easily with it and it'll be one of the better ones to do so. Just can't spam scissor kicks in the corner anymore without thought, I guess.

    Edit: I was thinking... and I'm worried about garbage foreign players getting into capcom cup for marvel, ie Frutsy and Pony. All the american's votes are going to be diluted, meanwhile every mother fucker from japan is going to vote for abegen and nemo, and every mother fucking mexican is going to vote for Frutsy and Pony...

  18. #3558
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Another system wide change is coming... just as big if not bigger than Red Focus. They are trying to reinvent SF4 and make it play in a way different from previous times.

    Airdashes confirmed Kappa

  19. #3559
    Ze NinjaSYXX
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,899
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Chun Liroy View Post
    Another system wide change is coming... just as big if not bigger than Red Focus. They are trying to reinvent SF4 and make it play in a way different from previous times.

    Airdashes confirmed Kappa
    Probably air blocking or air recovery like alpha series. Anything else is just not SF. Only other thing is parrying or red parry like 3rd strike, but we already have focus for that. Nothing else i can think of.

  20. #3560
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11,977
    BG Level
    9

    EVO 2014: Canada Cup is broke as fuck, universal healthcare wont save the FGC

    Alpha counters? Guard crush meter? Universal overheads?

    Or just copy paste SFxT's charge special move system lol

Page 178 of 454 FirstFirst ... 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 228 ... LastLast