Page 35 of 454 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 700 of 9067
  1. #681
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,883
    BG Level
    10

    The nail in the coffin for them in Jwong complaining left and right and from what rumors state, he dropped out of all tourneys because they fucked him over on MvC2.

    The guy never complains about anything, which doesn't look good for them.

  2. #682
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,883
    BG Level
    10

    I just reread the part about "A guy entered MK 3 times under 3 different names" and laughed as hard as I ever had at something on the internet....no idea why...like my chest hurts lol

  3. #683
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,108
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    has there been any explanation for why all of the money matches got cancelled?

    does anyone in charge of this event have any experience running a tournament ever?

    this is all very entertaining to watch unfold, but i do feel awful for anyone that actually spent money on this and expected to have a good time. or at least expected to have a functioning tournament.

    Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    I just reread the part about "A guy entered MK 3 times under 3 different names" and laughed as hard as I ever had at something on the internet....no idea why...like my chest hurts lol
    it's amazing, given how abysmal the turnout for apparently every single game has been. i feel like you have to try to run a bracket that badly.

  4. #684
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    On the positive side, my nigga LI Joe is gettin it in. Gootecks too


  5. #685
    Ze NinjaSYXX
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,899
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    O yea, jessica nigri is there too lol

  6. #686
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    @JWonggg 1m
    Sighs.Really sad I have to leave the Beach. Big family emergency came up last night and now I have to take care of it. Vacay needs to wait
    Guess him not entering is irrelevant now huh. lol

  7. #687
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Wait, he's sad he has to leave? That's the most surprising takeaway.

  8. #688
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Wait, he's sad he has to leave? That's the most surprising takeaway.
    Apparently much to weltall's hate of da beech scene, they had a lot of fun last night partying.

  9. #689
    blax n gunz
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,141
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Chun Liroy View Post
    Apparently much to weltall's hate of da beech scene, they had a lot of fun last night partying.
    Nigga spent the better part of his first day there without hot water. You starve a man for six months and a cracker becomes a banquet.

  10. #690
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    I'm not going to judge on another person's fun at a place I am not at. Seems like they all had lots of fun, so....

  11. #691
    Sho
    Sho is offline
    YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11,975
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    has there been any explanation for why all of the money matches got cancelled?

    does anyone in charge of this event have any experience running a tournament ever?

    this is all very entertaining to watch unfold, but i do feel awful for anyone that actually spent money on this and expected to have a good time. or at least expected to have a functioning tournament.



    it's amazing, given how abysmal the turnout for apparently every single game has been. i feel like you have to try to run a bracket that badly.
    Yeah man, sucks for those who bought into the dream. Granted, Lokus had the better idea a few pages ago in the thread-- this should have been marketed as an "all star" event after the playoffs (EVO). At least then it wouldn't have been so over hyped.

  12. #692
    Viq
    Viq is offline
    Let's go Red Sox!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,386
    BG Level
    8

    In fairness, no one was hyping it except you and Liroy, to a lesser extent.

  13. #693
    Sho
    Sho is offline
    YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11,975
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Yes I was. Would have even gone to the event personally as well. Like I said a page ago, I'm even ashamed to hype it up to you guys, but thems the breaks. I'm more about the train wreck that was the tournament, rather than seeing these niggas complain about a 3rd worldish lifestyle (I'm Nigerian, no hot water and/or being raped by mosquitoes isn't new to me, lol).

    Watching the tournament fall apart is both sad and hilarious, but I'm sure they will get it right next year.

  14. #694
    THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU
    Avatar of Fury.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,584
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    >implying there will be a next year.

    Rolando's going to disappear faster than you can say the name "Natalee Holloway"

  15. #695
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose View Post
    >implying there will be a next year.

    Rolando's going to disappear faster than you can say the name "Natalee Holloway"
    Nevermind that, I doubt the island will want to do another with seeing how this one bomb financially.

    RxP, I think top 8 will be fun to watch though. Persia and Yipes in top 8 of CoD, hahahahah

  16. #696
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,738
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    It might still be around, but with the government fronting alot of the cash for the prize pools, the big ass paydays (relatively speaking) would definitely not be returning.

  17. #697
    Viq
    Viq is offline
    Let's go Red Sox!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,386
    BG Level
    8

    Are Persia and Yipes actually in top 8 for CoD? That would probably be the only part of this tournament that I might actually watch lol

  18. #698
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    Are Persia and Yipes actually in top 8 for CoD? That would probably be the only part of this tournament that I might actually watch lol
    According to twitter, yeah they are in top 8 for CoD, lol. They play a lot of shooters(CoD) together afaik.

  19. #699
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Yeah, Yipes been on shooters longer than he's been in the FGC... I believe it.

  20. #700
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Can't believe Bifuteki said fuck arturo, lmao.

    RIP Bifu.

Page 35 of 454 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 85 ... LastLast