Page 367 of 454 FirstFirst ... 317 357 365 366 367 368 369 377 417 ... LastLast
Results 7321 to 7340 of 9067
  1. #7321
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11,977
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Do you need to subscribe to LUL to watch their archives?
    Nope, it works for me:

    http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/532051846

  2. #7322
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    oh durr, forgot my gpu drivers updated, I probably need to reboot before it'll work

  3. #7323
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Seriously. People dog on keits pretty damn hard considering the good he's done in terms of UFGT and how well it was run. And yeah..if it had a good amount of entrants plus a good payout, why not put the results up on EvenutHubs :<

  4. #7324
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Seriously. People dog on keits pretty damn hard considering the good he's done in terms of UFGT and how well it was run. And yeah..if it had a good amount of entrants plus a good payout, why not put the results up on EvenutHubs :<
    I already like the new TO way more than keits. That dude is the best.

    Had a blast this weekend, ESPECIALLY sunday night. Following drinking, we ran into Ryan Hart on the way back to the hotel, all shook his hand told him he's the best and "FUCK SANFORD"

    He wound up showing up at the room we went to when we got back, lmao. Rewatched the Kingofsarus ultradavid commentary... david hates him so fucking much rofl. Watched the p4a finals in our room... we were getting so fucking hype because Grover is from NJ. That combo was ridiculous. P4a is the best, BB just doesn't hold a candle to it.

    One last thing: Smash community is 100000x better than the FGC.

  5. #7325
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,720
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    That last part is pretty obvious. What started as a fun party game with friends on the couch vs a bunch of hoodrats in the ghetto fighting over quarters.

  6. #7326
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,514
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Well that and the game had more entrants than 9 of the games that EHubs did show results for, and almost paid out as much as Injustice did.

    Do you need to subscribe to LUL to watch their archives?
    Excuse my total confusedfuckness on how to find this or if I am mistaken but if you [and or other bg peeps] participated is there an archive vid on your multitwitch with you competing or is it in the LUL archive link above? I watched some of it live but I am so new to the format of esports I do not know where to look...sigh. Or am I supposed to wait until June for the competition?

  7. #7327
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11,977
    BG Level
    9

    Posted the direct link to Calli and Liroy's time on stream earlier

    http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/531724703?t=8h21m

  8. #7328
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    ^ I only got one match on stream and I think Leroy only got one as well, but they're back-to-back on the link octo just posted.

    As far as the competition that I actually broadcasted rather than competed in(that was the main reason I was there), you can find the archives at http://www.twitch.tv/bgcallisto/profile/pastBroadcasts, I will have them all cut to YT eventually

  9. #7329
    Sho
    Sho is offline
    YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11,975
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Hey Calli, I'ma PM you some stuff when I find time. Concerns your potential plans for tournament you wanted to run.

  10. #7330
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    np lol, I definitely have a new perspective now that I see what a major looks like behind the scenes, running a tournament is scary shit

  11. #7331
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,826
    BG Level
    10

    People have always ragged on Keits because ever since he has been in the community he has made it about himself. If you are someone who just started watching UFGT recently and thats how you know him, yeah you wouldn't get it. It goes back awhile. A lot of people stopped going to SRK solely because of him. I know my 10 year+ account has dust on it because of him.

    He also used to be basically what UltraDavid is today...an "intelligent" commentator who would try and get free trips just to commentate at majors. That ended really quick when Spooky banned him from commentating on his steam live because viewers HATED him. It was during Final Round like 3-4 years ago. I'm not talking Skisonic hate...like true, vile hate for the guy.

    Example:

  12. #7332
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    Hating him for that is one thing; he's a very abrasive guy at times. But people shitting on him for other stuff is stupid, his tournaments are run MUCH better than others(I hope you guys realize what kind of shitshow ECT is going to be without SJC next year), he is fair about what he does, and doesn't do the top player dicksucking that everyone else does. EHubs snubbing DK is a fair complaint since they're doing it purely out of spite, some of that is his fault, a lot of it is theirs because they're content-poaching assholes, I highly doubt anyone is going to come in here and try to defend anything EHubs does, the only reason they even get any traffic is because of how bad SRK's new site is sometimes(also this was Jaxel's doing, not Keits').

    Hating him because he's been a dick to people is one thing, and is totally fair, but trying to discredit the stuff he's done for the community with UFGT is retarded.

  13. #7333
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,826
    BG Level
    10

    To be completely fair, he took over UFGT (then MWC) from Jason Wilson. The first year Keits ran it, he even kept the MWC name. Jason is the one who started the mystery game tourney and everything; there is footage and Jason actually brought in tons of random arcade cabs to Chicago for this. He made it look like he did that all himself, which is why a lot of people around my area hate him because they know even more of the truth than the obvious monster info. People from my scene specifically don't go to UFGT because of him.

    Also, Eventhubs is 1000x better than SRK for up-to-date tourney standings, links, and info. I don't give two shits what the comments say below the articles. If you don't want to read them, ignore them. I can't stand Jason Laboy, but that doesn't stop me from stating the obvious about the site being much better than any other.

    In summary, he has: taken over a tourney and taken credit for things like auction and mystery game tourneys which were not his ideas, ruined SRK to the point of running off half the user base, and been banned from commentary by Spooky. Again, good riddance.

  14. #7334
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    EHub comments aren't the issue, the issue is that EHubs does not make shit for original content, but if you try to use something that they posted(which wasn't theirs to begin with) they flip shit on you for not giving them 'proper credit'. Their entire model is based on getting you to click as many links to view as many ads as possible just to view them typing out someone else's tweet, linking someone else's video, or quoting someone else's article.

  15. #7335
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,826
    BG Level
    10

    Whatever their strategy, its worked. It is easily the best hub for FGC news, updates, and results. I guess /r/kappa is catching up in the drama department.

  16. #7336
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    I'm confused there because you're saying that a guy who took over someone else's stuff, continued to invest thousands upon thousands of dollars and massive amounts of time to run a tournament that most people who attend agree is fantastic in person can get fucked for taking credit for someone else's work prior to that, but a site where literally their only positive point is that they poach other people's stuff faster than other sites is all cool by you for taking credit for someone else's work, lol.

  17. #7337
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,826
    BG Level
    10

    It has worked for them. Lets not act like UFGT is the best major in the scene lol. It isn't even top 5. Eventhubs is at least the best at what they are doing. I guess all they had to do was beat out SRK which Keits ruined in the first place though.

    Bottom line: If I am traveling and I want to see who is currently left in a tourney or bracket, I'm hitting up Eventhubs. I did this for a tourney recently when I was traveling to DC and I made the mistake of checking SRK first. Comparison:

    SRK Results:

    1.
    2.
    3.
    4.
    5.Name
    6.Name
    7.NAme
    8.Name
    9.Name
    10.
    11.
    12.
    13.Name

    Eventhubs results:

    1 - 13: Name.

  18. #7338
    Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,197
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Welt has a very good point. I don't care who they steal content from. Eventhubs does come up with tournament results better than SRK. If SRK has any chance at getting better they need to hire someone specifically to sit there and update results as the tournament goes. I do not want to sit through shit like Bison, Rufus, Fei Long mirrors to see who is coming up next when I can just hit refresh a few mins later.

    As for UFGT. Just remember 2013 - Injustice at 9am and Divekick in a prime time slot. Alex Valle won AE2012 if that tells you anything about the competition that showed up. Fuck Keits

  19. #7339
    Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,197
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    This just showed up on my Facebook wall


  20. #7340
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Tell me why all caps said I was a pretty boy that didn't know how to play video games during our MM with Corn lmao

Page 367 of 454 FirstFirst ... 317 357 365 366 367 368 369 377 417 ... LastLast