Page 6 of 454 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 9067
  1. #101
    THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU
    Avatar of Fury.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,584
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Chun Liroy View Post
    and I predicted Xian blowing up Evo.
    It's not a blowup when Tokido did all the work in knocking Infiltration out. If the GFs were Infiltration v. Xian, it would have ended differently.

  2. #102
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,106
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Thulius Deorum
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Chun Liroy View Post
    I'm talking about spiral swords only, it pales in comparison to DT. It should only be used in combos and to regain control of the match
    This is the actual reason swords are so busted by the way. Literally any time your opponent lets up on their offense at all you activate them and the momentum shifts completely in your favor. Obviously DT is much better for your own offense, but for one bar swords get you out of almost any bad situation and lets you start pressing buttons with pretty much no risk involved.

  3. #103
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,886
    BG Level
    10

    "because outside of XF"

    1. Most XF on Vergil teams comes when Vergil is the anchor. You cannot base your arguments on "outside of XF" because XF is a HUGE factor in the game. The entire game revolves around the god damn thing. The fact that XF2/3 Vergil is so fucking good puts him at #2 by itself.

    2. I read that you said he was the best XF character in the game. I never once said you didn't you god damned moron.

    3. You keep basing your arguments on left-field possiblities like Wolvy being better as a XF3 anchor, but we won't see that hardly ever because he is so good on point as you stated. It doesn't fucking matter if we will never see or use it.

    Top 2 characters in UMVC3:

    1. Zero
    2. Vergil

    I think the only decent player from BG at the game is Slott so I would like to hear what he has to say on this. I feel like I am more knowledgeable at any FG than Liroy to make this determation just by watching it versus someone who plays it and sucks.

  4. #104
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,886
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose View Post
    It's not a blowup when Tokido did all the work in knocking Infiltration out. If the GFs were Infiltration v. Xian, it would have ended differently.
    This is why EVO is "about the brackets" as every single pro player has ever said in an interview. Liroy is fucking stupid.

  5. #105
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    PC Kurokaze24

  6. #106
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Yes, I realize that, but he has so much OTHER busted stuff that is better than that. And the start pressing button things is irrelevant because spiral swords don't mixup, at all. The mixup comes from the round trip afterwards (which... if pushblocked correctly won't mix you up), and normally rapid slash -> cancelled into swords which is a waste of meter for 1 mixup. Should do rapid slash -> DT. You can downback across the screen vs a vergil with swords up and you only eat chip. They should be used much more sparingly than they are currently used.

    Round trip offers a similar thing, provided that you are in control of the match. It can be glitched, provides an insane amount of frame advantage, doesn't use meter. Has static frame advantage on hit (never deteriorates). Right now people just use swords to cover up when they do something unsafe.

  7. #107
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    "because outside of XF"

    1. Most XF on Vergil teams comes when Vergil is the anchor. You cannot base your arguments on "outside of XF" because XF is a HUGE factor in the game. The entire game revolves around the god damn thing. The fact that XF2/3 Vergil is so fucking good puts him at #2 by itself.

    2. I read that you said he was the best XF character in the game. I never once said you didn't you god damned moron.

    3. You keep basing your arguments on left-field possiblities like Wolvy being better as a XF3 anchor, but we won't see that hardly ever because he is so good on point as you stated. It doesn't fucking matter if we will never see or use it.

    Top 2 characters in UMVC3:

    1. Zero
    2. Vergil

    I think the only decent player from BG at the game is Slott so I would like to hear what he has to say on this. I feel like I am more knowledgeable at any FG than Liroy to make this determation just by watching it versus someone who plays it and sucks.
    How is it wrong to bring up a left-field possibility when it's perfectly fucking relevant? If you have something comparable to your BEST, isn't it perfectly acceptable to use that eliminate it as the reason he is so good?

    Zero > Morrigan > Wolvie > Viper. Again AS ALL AROUND characters, including assists, support, opening.

    The basis of your entire argument is XF3 derpness, and because he beats phoenix.

    If we want to talk about XF3 derp, then Phoenix is top 3. Changes your entire gameplan, and is tied for the best XF3 with vergil. Oh, there's counters to her? Many characters can set up unblockables for free on vergil, including but not limited to: Dante, Viper, Dorm, Firebrand etc.

  8. #108
    THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU
    Avatar of Fury.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,584
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    BTW, I'm going to be getting a new spreadsheet going shortly.

  9. #109
    THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU
    Avatar of Fury.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,584
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...qbFZEbHc#gid=0

    I've filled in where I could. Some usernames and such still need to be clarified, so be sure to look it over.

  10. #110
    King of the Jews
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,701
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

    Added myself~

  11. #111
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    Liroy, your theory craft is annoying. Apply that shit to real matches before you call anything good

  12. #112
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,106
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Thulius Deorum
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Chun Liroy View Post
    Yes, I realize that, but he has so much OTHER busted stuff that is better than that. And the start pressing button things is irrelevant because spiral swords don't mixup, at all. The mixup comes from the round trip afterwards (which... if pushblocked correctly won't mix you up), and normally rapid slash -> cancelled into swords which is a waste of meter for 1 mixup. Should do rapid slash -> DT. You can downback across the screen vs a vergil with swords up and you only eat chip. They should be used much more sparingly than they are currently used.

    Round trip offers a similar thing, provided that you are in control of the match. It can be glitched, provides an insane amount of frame advantage, doesn't use meter. Has static frame advantage on hit (never deteriorates). Right now people just use swords to cover up when they do something unsafe.
    Yeah... Most Vergil players are really dumb, that's not exactly news. The fact that he has all these tools that almost no one is utilizing and still sees far more success for far less effort than most characters in the game should tell you something.

  13. #113
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    Liroy, your theory craft is annoying. Apply that shit to real matches before you call anything good
    What do you think I'm trying to do? That's pretty much my goal with playing the game, lol. But I think when you're evaluating a character, it's fair to talk about his strengths/weaknesses even out of practice. We didn't see a zero win consistently until recently, but everyone already agreed he is the best.

    @Thul, yeah, I see what you're saying and I agree. But I also think the ceiling for some other characters are high as well.

  14. #114
    Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,197
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    SF wasn't a blow up this year. It was definitely a blow up last year.

  15. #115
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    I meant blow up as in Xian being extremely good ~.~

  16. #116
    Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,197
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Phoenix on anchor is a huge handicap to your team because she requires you not to spend meter. How is that even a comparison?

  17. #117
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    26,424
    BG Level
    10

    That's why I'll be running her on point

  18. #118
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,886
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    That's why I'll be running her on point
    DO THE DAMN THING PLAYA

  19. #119
    Sho
    Sho is offline
    YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11,975
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    yeah, starting out on stick can be rough, it's a learning curve for sure. your game will probably tank for the first month or so while you get the hang of stick execution, it's definitely worthwhile in the long run though.

    PM's going out shortly, anyone else that needs a copy feel free to hit me up
    Yea, gonna need that copy of Marvel Bible for my Nexus. To hell with carrying it around anymore.

  20. #120
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,540
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinebox View Post
    Phoenix on anchor is a huge handicap to your team because she requires you not to spend meter. How is that even a comparison?
    She needs meter, so does Vergil. She completely changes your gameplan, has more mobility options, an invincible super, and if not for vergil completely shutting her down, she'd be the best XF3 character in the game. Hell, Fchamp is using phoenix as pretty much the answer to Chrisg, and has proven that if your goal is to get to 5 meters for phoenix, you can pretty much guarantee it to yourself via morrigan, and chrisg has done the same with his morrigan/ammy team as well.

    There you have it. Vergil/morrigan/Phoenix best team in the game.

Page 6 of 454 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast