Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 299
  1. #161
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    330
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    Bah, I watched the first two episodes of Log Horizon but I find most people's comments exagerated...nothing really happened so far, I'm not saying it won't be good, but I think it's pretty silly to say it has what SAO didn't..it's very early to compare the two at all imo.
    Agree with this totally. People are killing SAO and crowning Log Horizon too soon. While I am enjoying it also what was unique about the first arc of SAO was once you died you're dead for real. It gave a nice element of despair. I do like the team play in Log Horizon though. I think it will make for some interesting fights.

    As with everyone else in the thread it seems, my plate for this season is jam packed (probably the most anime I've picked up in a single season)

    Kakumeki Valverave.
    Little Busters Refrain
    White Album 2
    Kill La Kill
    Hajime No Ippo
    Log Horizon
    Outbreak Company
    Strike The Blood
    Galilei Donna
    I Couldn't Become a Hero...
    Golden Time
    Infinite Stratos
    Nagi No Asukura
    Kyoukai no Kanata
    Coppelion
    Machine Doll..(favorite of the season so far)
    Yozakura Quartet

  2. #162
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    17,539
    BG Level
    9

    People are killing SAO and crowning Log Horizon too soon.
    SAO killed itself with the second arc(and even though I liked the story in the first arc, there wasn't enough actual action; though when there was action, it was pretty awesome. More screen time should have went into battles), but other than that; Log Horizon is pretty cool so far, but nothing ground breaking. From an MMO Standpoint, it does have much higher potential though, if done right. So I'm looking forward to future episodes

  3. #163
    Pro's Pet
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,716
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Watched another couple anime..Strike the blood while it's not bad, I don't see why we should care about the characters, there's so little depht to them. Much more interesting Machine Doll, I liked it and think will be one of the best for my tastes this season~

  4. #164
    2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,467
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Yowa Pedal, so good.

  5. #165
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    7,147
    BG Level
    8

    Good:

    Coppelion! It's original and intriguing. Moar scenery porn too, to go with Nagi no Asukara this season.

    Pokemon Origins. All of my nostalgiaaaaaaaa. Love that Lavender Town theme <3333


    Meh:

    Seishun Bros - though it has potential to be funny, it could just as easily continue to be mediocre as hell. I don't like the short 5 min format and I'm watching too many shows already. Dropped.

  6. #166
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,951
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Loved second episode of Log Horizon, will definitely be looking forward to this each week

    Still digging Unbreakable Machine Doll, especially the main character

    I haven't read the manga for Ippo so idk what to expect story-wise, but that's also been really good so far

  7. #167
    The Fucking Voice of Actually
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,052
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    6

    I've finally worked through all the first episodes of everything I was going to look at for the fall season. (Well, 2 for Kyousogiga, since 1 was a recap.)

    In order of potential, and separated into tiers.

    Kyousougiga
    FINALLY!

    Kill la Kill
    Yes, YES! Ok, to be fair, it'd be better if a good chunk of the episode didn't have a finish that made it look like it was from the late 80s/early 90s. Yes it's a stylistic decision, I understand, but still. Otherwise, it's pure distilled awesome.

    Kyoukai no Kanata
    A very good start for a show. It's got potential with how they're playing the setting off. It'll be on the characters for how far this goes.

    Nagi no Asukara
    Interesting setting, and it's just ridiculously gorgeous. With the last three shows, P.A. Works has really gotten insane with visual quality. The characters are a little exaggerated, and considering the kind of story it's starting with, that's gonna put some off. It's a full season though. If they spend the whole thing on the current dynamic, yeah, it'll go downhill fast, but there's already enough hints it's going to be bigger than that.

    Coppelion
    The premise is interesting, and current besides, which is a rarity. The character animation is a bit jarring in it's technique, but this is GoHands you shouldn't expect complete orthodoxy. It's not as out there as some other series this season anyways.

    Outbreak Company
    Top notch absurdity, excellenly executed. Nearly as good as Maousama, though it would need to be MariaHolic levels of meta with the topic if it wanted to climb above. (And yes, FFXI refrences win it favors). The main character could be dialed back a notch though.

    ---

    Log Horizon
    It seems serviceable, but it's even lighter than I was hoping (and I wasn't expecting anything as serious as first arc SAO, something more along the weight of the original .hack series). It's got a long run to go, so with any luck it'll get heavier.

    Tokyo Ravens
    It shows a bit of promise. To be honest though, everything but the last few minutes of the episode nobody is going to care about. It's a full season show, so it's got time to burn, but it's a shame they did so, with all these other shows that could use more.

    Strike the Blood
    Seems okay. Yes, we've seen all these these pieces before, but the execution is good. It's got a chance to be better than other similar stuff in it's vein. Yeah, the fanservice was unnecessary, but lets be fair, it is not in the same league as Yuusha, Walkure, or even Machine Doll.

    Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita
    Not as good as Maousama, and it is an oppai show (goddamn pre-censoring). But it is funny enough at what it's doing to be worth watching. Curious to see if it's going to be everyday, or work to a bigger plot.

    Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio -Ars Nova-
    Yeah, it looks off, the studio is trying something different. At least it's not Aku no Hana fugly this time. That said, the style looks like it has potential, it just needs a lot of kinks worked out, and it's going to need an actual production for that to happen. It has improved a bit since attempts a decade ago, though oddly still lacks some of the polish Production I.G. managed with a number of assets in GitS. Though it is surprising to see it in such large scale use since some of the limited tests in C.
    As for the non-animation stuff, the characters are a bit bland, but otherwise the show has a little bit of potential.

    BlazBlue Alter Memory
    I have bias, IAS put me on to BlazBlue years ago, so I'm already onboard with the show. That said, I can say that it's faithful to the material so far. (Though Tao is a blander dumb than normal.) Considering the characters it needs to introduce still, and the, thing, I can't fault the pace. Longer, more awesome fights, and more meaty scenes will just have to wait for later in the season. Though a lack of deeper characterization this early is going to hamstring the show for people that don't know the material. I do wish they had made the music a little bit louder though, it's just a step too soft at the moment. On the other hand, there could be more subtlety on which parts to use when, either way.

    ---

    Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai -Unbreakable Machine Doll
    It's really bog standard material, but it's done alright enough to make up for it. It's not going to place highly in the season though, nothing special.

    Walkure Romanze
    Is this any good? Nope.
    Is it bad good? Nope.
    Am I going to watch more episodes than it desrves? Sadly probable.

    I need to go back and watch the older material for Infinite Stratos, Freezing, and Yozakura still, so I can't speak to those.

    Also, I've finally broken down and made a MAL account -.- I had been doing the same thing with a text file for over a decade anyway. I still need to fill out the plan to list, but it's otherwise done.
    http://myanimelist.net/profile/Cantih

    I've marathoned just about everything I've needed to catch up on from spring and summer, and I'll have my final thoughts on those (and the fall and winter stuff I never commented on) soonish.

  8. #168
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    70,477
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries
    9

  9. #169
    Ker
    Ker is offline
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Not anime but I loved the short
    Bee and PuppyCat: The Series(kickstarter)
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...cat-the-series


    "Bee and PuppyCat" is a very popular original cartoon created by Natasha Allegri. In it, Bee, an out-of-work twenty-something, has a life-changing collision with a mysterious creature she names PuppyCat ("A cat?... or maybe a dog?"). Between space and time, Bee and PuppyCat take on an intergalactic babysitting gig to pay another month’s rent. Now, you can help Bee write a happy ending for PuppyCat’s tale of betrayal, intrigue, and magical sparkle transformations.

  10. #170
    Ker
    Ker is offline
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Gundam Build Fighters Ep 2

    GUNDAM IS SAVED. This show is fucking awesome.

    http://sakuga.yshi.org/data/813ddc52...63cdff0870.gif

  11. #171
    The Fucking Voice of Actually
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,052
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    6

    So, saw this on reddit, and if I didn't know any better I'd say it came from someone on BG, so you all should like it.

  12. #172
    Chram
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,765
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    Gundam Build Fighters Ep 2

    GUNDAM IS SAVED. This show is fucking awesome.

    http://sakuga.yshi.org/data/813ddc52...63cdff0870.gif
    Second this to the highest degree! Thought it'd be something like Yu-Gi-Oh or Beyblade or something (admittedly, never saw Beyblade), but shit this is awesome.

  13. #173
    Weaboo of the House of Weave
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,548
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    There is heavy shit in Log Horizon but it involves evil people being evil, not game mechanics.

    This is a show where the game behaves exactly as you would expect a MMORPG to behave. In that way, it's vastly superior to SAO, a series in which I question whether or not the author ever played an online game in his life.

  14. #174
    Pro's Pet
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,716
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    People in SAO were fighting for survival, here in Log Horizon no one gives a shit of being trapped in a mmo. There was no reason to treat SAO as a simple game once the knowledge of permadeath spread across the server. No one dies in LH so it makes sense the world is full of trolls.

  15. #175
    Brokage
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,322
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Depending on how/where they take the story, Kyousougiga might be my favourite anime this season. It's an original piece, no? Or is it based off of a manga or novel or etc? Also, a few questions about the story thus far if anyone wants to elaborate and make sure I'm understanding things correctly so far:

    Spoiler: show
    So you have the Priest who draws and the Rabbit named Koto who came to life. They had 3 kids, but all 3 came about from other drawings the Priest created and Koto/the god/etc granted life to. After Koto's time was up, she returned to being a drawing and occasionally manifesting herself as a black wandering rabbit spirit thing and the Priest returned to his own world which went from like a classic edo time period, to some weird Futuristic time period where they travel worlds and have spirits and shit which they could have had originally, but it wasn't shown in the early moments of the Priest's backstory.

    All the while, the 3 drawing kids stayed in the mirror capital, grew to adults and etc. But the priest may/may not have aged (it's really uncertain, you don't see his face at the beginning of episode 1).

    And then there's the young Koto, who it seems like she was not drawn but actually born and her parents are Rabbit Koto and the Priest. At least, that's the speculation/feel I have so far. And she was raised by the fox sensei who is actually the priest who is actually her biological father (as suspected). And then at a certain age, she managed to get to the Mirror capital where she meets her older brother who is the youngest of the 3 that stayed behind and that's pretty much where episode 2 ended.

    That sound about right?

  16. #176
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    330
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    So, saw this on reddit, and if I didn't know any better I'd say it came from someone on BG, so you all should like it.

    TOTALLY lost it at the "son of a heart surgeon and a cafeteria worker" part LOL. Also, can't get enough of the Watamote op song

  17. #177
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    17,539
    BG Level
    9

    Yowamushi Pedal has got me pumped.

    Been biking like a boss all week. Turned it from transportation into a workout again and just now demolihed my record from my house to campus that was 9 months old

    36 mins + change
    New record: 34 mins + change

    12.1 miles with 8 overpasses (as I take the highway)
    Spoiler: show

  18. #178
    Pro's Pet
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,716
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Kyoukai no Kanata keeps being interesting...

    Spoiler: show

  19. #179
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Is it just me, or is everyone in Kyoukai no Kanata kind of a dick? The only person I like is the MC and even he's being beta as fuck.

  20. #180
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,139
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    It's been decided. Engineering loli from Galilei Donna is the best character introduced this season. Wish I had clean OP/ED so I could make the gif I want for an avatar.

    The show is surprisingly good to me so far, since I didn't even know about it until I was gifs of engineering loli.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Summer 2013 Anime Season Thread
    By Mrbeansman in forum Anime
    Replies: 197
    Last Post: 2013-09-26, 13:35
  2. Spring 2013 Anime Season Thread
    By Ker in forum Anime
    Replies: 223
    Last Post: 2013-05-26, 02:14
  3. Winter 2012-13 Anime Season Thread
    By 6souls in forum Anime
    Replies: 340
    Last Post: 2013-03-17, 18:11
  4. Fall 2012 Anime Season Thread.
    By Ker in forum Anime
    Replies: 271
    Last Post: 2012-12-04, 00:09
  5. Summer 2012 Anime Season Thread.
    By Ker in forum Anime
    Replies: 425
    Last Post: 2012-10-15, 04:58
  6. Fall 2011 Anime thread
    By Insanecyclone in forum Anime
    Replies: 1081
    Last Post: 2012-01-07, 10:54