Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
Results 321 to 325 of 325

Thread: Skirmish 2: Equipment     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #321
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    342
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Well that's incredibly depressing. At least those 10 +2s only took me 3 hours to get, spamming 3/3/x skirmish.

  2. #322
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,633
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    MAB is rare on Hagondes. I used over 50 +1's and only saw MAB augment once.
    While I share your same experience (check my post above. Over 3 stacks of +1 and could only get +12 Mab on legs...) I don't think that's the case.
    It probably has more to do with small sample sizes and a wide range of possible augments.

    Want to laugh a bit?
    When I was trying to get Pet: mab on my Hago hat (using NQ stones) all I could get is +4. I was always getting normal Mab, up to +22 with NQ stones!!
    Of course when I try to get mab on a second hat for my SCH I get Pet: Mab +23 xD


    The system shows all its retardedness in sets which have a wide range of possible augments, whereas it's less frustrating on sets like Gendewitha.
    What's particularly retarded is the amount of times you get "PDT -1%" only even with +1 stones.
    Should happen way less often (if at all) with HQ stones, from my point of view.



    But in the end it's useless to complain.
    Let's try to look at the thing from another point of view, the pov of developers.
    They need to release content that has a certain potential of lasting-time for players, otherwise they will rush through it, "complete" it and start demanding for new content.
    SE made it so it's very easy to obtain the items (high drop rates, can buy with wings etc) but balanced the event so that its lasting time aspect wasn't about getting the items, but the good augments.
    When I look at things this way, I think they created a pretty nice compromise for casual and hardcore players.

  3. #323
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    342
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    I was just talking about this with someone today. It's pretty pathetic that SE has to annoy us with all this randomness to keep us playing, from randomness of the coffer upgrades during skirmish to the augments with the stones. Pathetic part is, if it wasn't random, this event would be obsolete by now because we'd all have capped gear.

    The +2 count I've thrown into Hagon hands is now up to 22 and still 0 MAB augments. There's only one bloody job on there that uses pets. Why is the pet augment rate so high? <_<

    I swear the day I hit 27+ MAB on each piece, the next set will be released and make half of them obsolete.

  4. #324
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    462
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    What SE should do to bridge the randomness gap, and piss off less people from it, is potentially allowing mobs / dens to drop these stones.

    I'm not sure why Cirdas skirmish allows you to obtain exp chain + drops whereas Yorcia does not. I'm sure balance is the answer right? RIGHT? RIGHHTT? /sigh

  5. #325
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,224
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by dannyl View Post
    What SE should do to bridge the randomness gap, and piss off less people from it, is potentially allowing mobs / dens to drop these stones.

    I'm not sure why Cirdas skirmish allows you to obtain exp chain + drops whereas Yorcia does not. I'm sure balance is the answer right? RIGHT? RIGHHTT? /sigh
    Haste of implementation. That patch didn't even finish the text in some places before it was implemented (and that includes the NPCs outside of it).

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Similar Threads

  1. Equipment dilemma
    By Luminou in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2005-01-24, 04:53
  2. RNG equipment
    By Wolfreign in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2004-12-29, 10:35
  3. Ranger Equipment
    By in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2004-12-23, 21:13
  4. RNG Equip
    By Shibs in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2004-10-26, 03:19
  5. THF advice, Equip HNM stuff like that
    By in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2004-10-23, 18:32
  6. Tanking Equipment Advice
    By Sillia in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2004-10-23, 15:41
  7. AF2: only lot if you can equip
    By joft in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2004-07-29, 07:31