1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 20 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 39 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 5 days, 10 hours, 20 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 23 hours, 39 minutes
Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 1056
  1. #281
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,755
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    You have no idea how hard it is for me to not get AF2 Body when I already have Allagan's. Allagan looks so bad, but at least I'll have one ilvl90 piece for my WAR when I get it to 50.

  2. #282
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    64
    BG Level
    2

    thats a badass screenshot @kirbyprime

  3. #283
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    I have to wait until Monday for mine -.-

  4. #284
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,264
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    I have to wait until Monday for mine -.-
    It beats waiting for the 28th for my Cuisses. :l by like 25 Mythology.

  5. #285
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    287
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    You have no idea how hard it is for me to not get AF2 Body when I already have Allagan's. Allagan looks so bad, but at least I'll have one ilvl90 piece for my WAR when I get it to 50.
    The Allagan pieces that don't make it in to your final BIS set are great intermediate upgrades. You can put AF2 body lower on your to-buy list now.

  6. #286
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,264
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Jahaudant View Post
    You can put AF2 body lower on your to-buy list now.
    Yep. You can buy the Coronet now, even though its not BiS, it will tie you over until Turn 5 is fixed.

  7. #287
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    287
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    I've compiled some sets taking in to consideration the debatable accuracy cap (heard of values anywhere between 470 and 482+).

    True Best in Slot | Assuming 482 minimum required accuracy
    Spoiler: show



    Pre Turn 5 Best in Slot | Assuming 482 minimum required accuracy
    Spoiler: show



    Pre Turn 5 Best in Slot (without wasting myth on Valor Gauntlets) | Assuming 482 minimum required accuracy
    The previous set requires valor hands which you will eventually replace with Allagan and the gain you receive is only 1 parry and 4 crit.
    This set foregoes purchasing the hands and uses a set that allows you to transition easily in to your true BIS.

    Spoiler: show



    True Best in Slot | Assuming 475 minimum required accuracy
    Spoiler: show



    Pre Turn 5 Best in Slot | Assuming 475 minimum required accuracy
    Spoiler: show


    Edit: Error in Allagan Blade stats, there should be no skill speed on this weapon. Disregard.

  8. #288
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Valor head is an awesome choice as well.

    I think it should be noted again (even though it was mentioned before) that all the BiS sets are turtle-oriented. I still see no reason to not have a second set of gear that you use for everything that isn't turn 5 and it would look very different from the above. Obviously, myth should ideally be spent with defensive stats in mind, but some compromise is good too. Valor head was my first AF2 purchase for PLD as it was a huge upgrade in stats over hoplite and huge boost to crit.

    I, personally, will be keeping Valor head over Allagan barring very solid proof that I need x amount of parry to survive 2.1 content. Likewise I think Valor Gauntlets are worthy myth-spend.

  9. #289
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    287
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    I still see no reason to not have a second set of gear that you use for everything that isn't turn 5 and it would look very different from the above.
    Oh of course! These sets are designed to cover your needs for Turn 5 (and turn 4 if the accuracy requirement doesn't change between them). You can be lazy and wear it full time, but technically you should have a different set for each turn, as well as content below coil with varying degrees of accuracy sacrificed for Parry/Det/Crit. Though personally I wouldn't give up parry to boost my det or crit for Coil but I would definitely do so for everything else.

    I would eventually like to have a set of allagan STR accessories for this purpose and the way our drops are going right now it won't even take that long.

  10. #290
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    What I'm really looking forward to is some hard numbers on how much +parry really gives.

    Depending on the differences between +dex and +parry the Gryphonskin accessories might be the right choice as a middle ground (kind of what I'm hoping as I've spent 3 weeks of philosophy making them for myself).

    The only thing I don't like from Allagan STR over Allagan tank accessories is giving up the 15 VIT for 13-15 STR. Gryphonskin over Allagan tanking is 5 VIT for 9 STR/DEX (discounting all secondary stats).

  11. #291
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    64
    BG Level
    2

    great work @Jahaudant. I plan to buy head->hands->wrist.

  12. #292
    Jem
    Jem is offline
    Claustrum. Really?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,806
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Where would people recommend I spend my Myth next?



    Ring then Body? Since doing in reverse puts me under Acc cap in Coil? Or am I overlooking something?

  13. #293
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Body will give more overall main stat bonuses + DEF increase. You can overcome ACC deficit by changing foods. I have hero's ring myself and I like it, but my main priority right now is body (as it seems to be the biggest upgrade).

    Also if you turn that hoplite ring into a melded gryphonskin and get body you solve both problems

  14. #294
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    287
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    You can also replace the earring with HQ Rose Gold Ear Screws and meld them with:
    Vitality IV
    Parry III
    Parry III
    Vitality II
    (optional Det II or Crit *anything*)

    Cheaper than those damn rings and also solves your accuracy problem.

  15. #295
    Jem
    Jem is offline
    Claustrum. Really?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,806
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Yeah those are both on my to buy lists. I'm annoyed at myself for not picking up the HQ Rose Gold Ear Screws last weekend when they were 500k but I was waiting to see what the hotfix did to Philo.

    Gryphonskin is just overpriced atm. I have the gil, I just refuse to pay over the odds. Will probably pick some up this weekend when there's another influx of Philo.

    Thanks for the advice! Still have a while to mull on it anyway as I'm only at 405 Myth.

  16. #296
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Honestly for the profit margins some people are trying to pull on 2* you can level 3-4 crafts to 50 + HQ AF and make them yourself.

    Some bitch wanted to charge me 150k just to synth my first ring. Laughed in her face and PLed leather from 15-50 the next day for about 100k then made it myself.

  17. #297
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    770
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Ada Rusheart
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    If you're making two stars and selling them on the boards, the profit margins are hilariously awful compared to nearly every other thing. Strictly speaking.

    How on earth did you manage to focus for that much crafting in one day, though?

  18. #298
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    18,369
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Andradi View Post
    If you're making two stars and selling them on the boards, the profit margins are hilariously awful compared to nearly every other thing. Strictly speaking.

    How on earth did you manage to focus for that much crafting in one day, though?
    Not hard when you have leves to burn and cross class (read: byrgeot's blessing, flawless synthesis, hasty touch, and TotT) abilities to 100% HQ everything.

    And profit margins on 2* vary by server and by item. HDS body / legs are very low profit here, but 18 item accessories are still pretty hilariously profitable.

  19. #299
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,264
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    I, personally, will be keeping Valor head over Allagan barring very solid proof that I need x amount of parry to survive 2.1 content. Likewise I think Valor Gauntlets are worthy myth-spend.
    Wanted to comment on this because there's seems to be sort of confusion about 2.1. The content coming in 2.1 is short of providing Endgame content. Other than Hard Mode Primals, Coil of Bahamut will remain the most challenging content until later patches (Turns 6-10), or so SE has said as much.

    It's not as if you can get your hands on Allagan Helmet now. So anyone thinking of challenging Turn 5 anytime soon, let alone actually beating it legit, is fooling themselves. Valor Coronet will remain easily the Second BiS until that content can be cleared. Allagan will remain far superior even after any new content is added that doesn't provide a suitable upgrade to Allagan.

    Just my opinion though.

  20. #300
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    25
    BG Level
    1
    FFXIV Character
    Gray Spy
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    Quote Originally Posted by Jahaudant View Post
    I've compiled some sets taking in to consideration the debatable accuracy cap (heard of values anywhere between 470 and 482+).
    This is a great contribution. Thank you for this. I will plan around this.

Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast